• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you all know, we (us mods) have been discussing recently the matter of offensive/malitious/mischevious ( I've written that about 5 times in the last 10 mins and still get it wrong :rolleyes: ) signatures.

In our opinion, regardless of how amusing they are to the member whose sig is in question, we have had several messages from board members who aren't as amused.

As such, we will be taking a tougher stance on the contents of members signatures, and ask that you all think twice before pressing "sumbit" :)

Thanks,

The mod Team

At his own request, Lard has now been deleted as a member. His posts remain, set to "guest".

We all wish him well.

A recently joined member has been banned. His Sig and his website both contained links that could interfere with the use of your computers, or even crash them.

Since we have received no reports of problems from other members, we hope we have quashed this problem before it affected too many of you. (Apologies if you were affected.)

Pinklefish has asked to be removed from the MB. As per her request, she has had all area access removed, but you will all be able to see her posts.

Also, although this isn't really warnings related, it would be appreciated if all topics related to the War on Iraq be put in the thread for whose purpose it was created. If you wish to create a new thread on Iraq, it must be completely unrelated to the area of (possible) war or it will just be merged :)

I'm not going to be very visible for a longish while - will still be around at eccentric times of the day, and the odd night, but still definitely modding. PM me if you have any queries and I will get back to you. Please don't badger other mods (or members) re my whereabouts, cos they prob won't know either :).

I'm not leaving, just have different priorities for the moment.

Stu

After lengthy discussions between the Mod team, it is now agreed upon that any and all subjects pertaining to The Right Reverend Sean Manchester (Bishop of Glastonbury [Catholic]) together with associated biographies and/or subject matter will no longer be allowed on this MB for legal reasons.

Any such thread or post will be viewed as a very serious matter indeed; the offending thread will be deleted immediately, and a formal warning will be given to any member who posts such material.

Thanks,

The Mod Team.

[edit]

For clarification, the same guidelines apply to the discussion of this post itself. For legal reasons I am unable to comment further, suffice it to say you may all imply a great deal of importance on this matter

Fallen Angel

At her own request, Fallen Angel is now banned (not deleted). Her posts and stuff will therefore remain visible - we wish her well.

Just a few things really ;)

1) Please think before you start a new news thread - "Is this Fortean?" if so, fine. If not, post in chat please

2) We've received a few complaints recently about bad language, made worse if anyone quotes it (yeah, we're talking about me here :p). The occasional lapse is fine, but please don't take liberties or we'll edit.

ta :)

The mod team.

Another small update this time peeps :)

It has come to the attention of the mod team that if and when members receive offensive or inflammitory PM's (Carrying on a debate from a closed thread, for example), to keep them and forward them on to a mod as we consider PM flaming to be just as actionable as normal flaming, and indeed in some instances recently gets very personal and most upsetting.

As such, we may very well need to read through them and to decide if a warning needs to be made.

So, if someone flames you through the PM system, don't delete them, and forward them to us immediately for prompt action if such needs to be made.

Thanks,

The mod team

Busy busy busy :p

Not really a warning now, but a polite request. Please don't break the forums by submitting dozens of full stops without a line break.

There is really no need why anyone would need to do that, so don't :)

Adrian Veidt

Following protracted discussions, Adrian Veidt has now been banned at his own request. The door remains open should he wish to return.

Can all members 1) please ensure that you read through this thread carefully to ensure that you don't inadvertantly receive sanctions that are easily avoidable by breaking forum guidelines, and 2) refamiliarise yourselves with the forum guidelines.

The mod team

At his own request, all of Emperor Zombie's posts have been deleted.

Ooh, a brand spanking new Mod announcement!

We've recently been made aware of complications arising after a member changes their e-mail address. Basically, if someone wants to change their e-mail address, it throws them back into the users awaiting e-mail confirmation status, so then they need re-modding.

If you could let a mod know you're changing (or about to change) your e-mail address, then we can be ready. A few of you haven't re-confirmed the change, and then get hung in limbo for a while.

Cheers,

The Mod team.

Harken ye to the Mod Team:

Just a friendly reminder to all that when posting a new thread, particularly those regarding fresh news stories, please take a moment to do a quick keyword search to ensure you’re not duplicating something already posted. We seem to be suffering from the occasional outbreak of the same story popping up in various places at different times, which then requires Rynner to come out with a dustpan and brush. :D

Thanks for your cooperation :)

McAvennie has a 24 hour ban for inciting Trolling.

We will not tolerate the SPAMing of any member by another, even for a 'joke'. Such activity is Trolling. It's the line that we don't want anyone crossing. A lot of people have been creeping towards that line. McAvennie was unfortunate enough to cross it first.

Emperor Zombie and FraterLibre

Emperor Zombie and FraterLibre have been issued an Official Warning due to persistent flaming on the Jack the Ripper thread.

The Jack the Ripper thread has also now been re-opened for business.

McAvennie is now reinstated with a Public Warning on his record.

Bill

Due to inappropriate posting, Bill has been issued a third and Final Warning.
Further such behaviour will result in termination.

At her own request, Escargot has been banned. :(

But she'll be back before Xmas! :)

In Ryn's absence, I've returned to active modding for the time being.

Following numerous complaints regarding his attitude, and the unacceptable tone of his posts lately, we have decided that Inverurie Jones should be banned for ten days, effective immediately.

He'll be reinstated on January 5th. Should he continue to behave in such a manner afterwards, he will be banned for longer, or maybe even permanently. No member, however venerable (or indeed prolific), has the right to openly demean other members as inferior, intellectually or otherwise, and we will tackle posters who do so.

Ruffready

Due to racist and bigoted posts and an unwillingness to retract or explain them, Ruffready finds himself banned for 24 hours. This also counts as an official warning.
The Iraq thread has also been closed for clean-up and cooldown.

Have a nice day :)

Ruffready has now been reinstated with two official warnings on his record. A further warning will result in liquidation.

Inverurie Jones

IJ couldn't take the hint :( Following further complaints, he has been banned for an indefinite period.

Jane.

I would add that while we the mods discuss the next step with regard to IJ, that other posters refrain from speculating about the likely outcome, and kindly avoid "laying into" IJ while he is unable to answer for himself. Any such posts will be removed without further discussion.

We'll let you know as soon as a concensus is reached.

Furthermore Cujo has asked me to announce that she will be taking a sabbatical from the FTmb for the forseeable future.

She is planning to spend more time writing.

Hugo Cornwall has been issued an Official warning for inflammatory posts

Inverurie Jones

Following discussions, IJ will remain banned but his outstanding posts will stay.

Jane.

Addendum: -

The Mod Team would like to remind all members that if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of being banned, either coming back and using a moribund alias, or using another members account (e.g. a friend's), would see the other account(s) you use also being banned.

Just say no kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back