Nailed To A Tree: The Warning & Ban Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to talk about politics there are hundreds of political forums out there, go fill your boots.
Maximus Otter has been issued a Green Warning for taking off-topic potshots at inclusivity/diversity.

blessmycottonsocks narrowly avoided the same for picking up and running with the ball.

We don't say you're wrong and we don't say you're right; we simply say that we don't care and don't want it here.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
INT21 has been given a warning point for inappropriate content.

He was already on a Red/Final Warning. This is additional to that.

We are gathering in the Mod Isolation Pod to discuss our next step.

@INT21 We have started a PM conversation with you. Please keep any thoughts and responses to that channel rather than compounding the fault on open thread.

Frideswide

Edited for clarity

Last edited:

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
INT21 has received a 2 month ban from today.

The internet is huge, it is a bigly place embiggened every day. There are other places where we can each discuss obsessions which are not within the scope of this place.

Frideswide

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
BMCS is given another warning.

As in recent Mod posts: leave your prejudices at the door, don't use this place to display them.

@blessmycottonsocks We have started a PM conversation with you. Please keep any thoughts and responses to that channel rather than compounding the fault on open thread.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Maximus Otter's earned an amber warning effective for 6 months, placing him sufficiently close to the threshold for an extended ban that his next misstep could lead right off the cliff.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Mr Mischief has been issued with a green warning for flaming on the Cyclists thread.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Trevp666 has been issued a green-level warning (1 point; 3 months) for posting a proscribed political item 1 day after being advised a repetition of a similar such action within the past few days would garner an official warning.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
INT21 has received a 2 month ban from today.

The internet is huge, it is a bigly place embiggened every day. There are other places where we can each discuss obsessions which are not within the scope of this place.

Frideswide
INT21 is now welcome to rejoin.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
On Wednesday I wrote:

Three points occasioned by various posts this week:

1) Discussion of the media vs Dominic Cummings is definitely covered by our politics ban and not worth any of our time here. I suggest Twitter--they love this stuff on there.

2) Saying 'there's a conspiracy' without any evidence beyond vague speculation is not a get-out clause for posting political material (either from the UK or the U.S.)

3) If in doubt, why not drop us a line? We usually respond within about ten to fifteen minutes. If you simply include all the moderators in the PM, one of us will probably pick it up and respond pretty soon.

Apologies to anybody who feels hard done by, but we're erring on the side of overcaution as a result of bitter experience.
We have our first lemming: @AgProv (an otherwise decent poster--always liked the avatar), who thought that what the board needed was a 'lookalike' (it didn't) post comparing the above named individual with an SS General of especially ill repute.

Green Warning issued and I'm happy to do another few if anybody would like one.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Green Warnings have been issued to Tribble and Ermintruder for postings made in reference to the Cummings affair (which, like all "politics", has been repeatedly stated to be forbidden).

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
A Red Warning has been issued to Maximus Otter for posting a misleading 2 year old Twitter item about a specific politician (i.e., "politics").

(A Red Warning assigns 3 Warning Points to a member record for 12 months. Accumulation of 7 Warning Points will trigger an automatic Ban condition for so long as the Warning Points total exceeds the auto-ban threshold.)

Last edited:

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
The lemming stampede continues. Yes, I know lemmings don't but apparently @Coypu do.

Green warning for politics in What's Your Favourite Dinosaur.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
@Sabresonic receives a green warning for managing to fit a) politics, b) mocking physical disabilities and c) mild racism in a single sentence.

Please let's not keep dragging politicians into our threads. They have no place here.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Official warnings issued to @blessmycottonsocks & @ramonmercado for dragging two threads off topic to talk about BLM protests/riots in London and elsewhere. Ramon was all terribly clever and also managed an oblique Dominic Cummings reference somewhere along the way; BMCS dropped in a few 'morons' and other slurs for good measure.

We don't care how long you have been a member here, how many posts you have made or how 'important' the issue is, the only two ways this process possibly ends are that either you desist from dredging up 'culture war' topics, or you are banned from the board.

BMCS will claim that it's all crucial to his analysis of the pandemic; Ramon will tell us that he didn't start it.

Don't trouble to write to justify your actions--messages will be deleted unread.

This place is not Twitter.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Green warning (1 point; 3 months) issued to INT21 for invoking "political" materials and linking to a known disinformation site.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
We don't care how long you have been a member here, how many posts you have made or how 'important' the issue is, the only two ways this process possibly ends are that either you desist from dredging up 'culture war' topics, or you are banned from the board.
@blessmycottonsocks receives a warning for pulling up an old thread to tell us about the BBC comedy and ethnicity.

See above.

Not too many more lives left.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
@maximus otter receives a warning for treating us to a story about Black Lives Matter and his opinion on how to deal with them.

I'm not sure I have enough fingers to calculate the warning points, but if he isn't over the line, he's very close.

Edit: over the line--temporary ban (duration to be determined).

Furthermore, the 'toppling statues' thread is now locked to prevent wasps drowning in the jam jar.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
@maximus otter receives a warning for treating us to a story about Black Lives Matter and his opinion on how to deal with them.

I'm not sure I have enough fingers to calculate the warning points, but if he isn't over the line, he's very close.

Edit: over the line--temporary ban (duration to be determined).

Furthermore, the 'toppling statues' thread is now locked to prevent wasps drowning in the jam jar.
The duration of the ban for Maximus Otter has been discussed and set at a two month ban. He is welcome back on the 10th of August. This is due to a combination of the above mentioned infringement coupled with numerous warnings and his constant sniping and attempting to push the boundaries.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Following discussion between himself and me, INT21 has opted to forego all posting privileges from now on. This was a compromise to avoid an outright permanent ban.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
One point and a warning to McAvennie for posting political content.

Status
Not open for further replies.