• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nashville Bomber & Destructive Conspiracy Ideas

Implicit meaning in this context 'Conspiracy Theorist'.... an over-used blunt epithet.
Actually that's a fair point, speaking as one who has done more than his fair share to overuse it (though in my defence it does- to me - have a very focused meaning, that of a hardcore Conspiracy Theorist who will reject any perceived orthodoxy simply because it is an orthodoxy, and therefore must have a malign ulterior motive driving it.)

A minor coincidence. I started to read this thread 5 minutes ago. As I got to the bit about the Springfield song I tuned into my background music, as is usual it was coming through the headphones unobtrusively to counteract the tinnitus.

It was Downtown, sung by Dusty Springfield.

The playlist has 250ish items and is set to shuffle play. It is one of four playlists, similar size which I could have chosen. It's the only time this track appears in the entire collection.

It turns out that Warner sent out "materials about his views" to acquaintances. The FBI hasn't revealed what these "materials" may have been, what "views" may have been reflected in them, or how many people may have received them.
FBI: Nashville bomber sent material to ‘acquaintances’

Before he blew himself up in a Christmas Day attack that devastated blocks of downtown Nashville, Anthony Warner sent materials about his views to people he knew, federal investigators said Saturday.

In a statement to The Associated Press, FBI Special Agent Jason Pack said authorities are “aware the suspect sent materials which espoused his viewpoints to several acquaintances throughout the country.”

Authorities have said Warner, 63, was responsible for the explosion, which damaged dozens of buildings and injured several people. Officials have not released a motive. ...

Pack did not release additional details about what the packages from Warner contained but he urged anyone who may have received material from Warner to contact the FBI ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/article/us-news-bombings-8d59b300ed4b41d050a8cc86f500351a

Update ...

The FBI has closed its investigation into the Nashville bombing and Anthony Warner. Their conclusions were that Warner was "driven" by paranoia and influenced by his interests in conspiracy theories, but they could not reasonably attribute his actions to any specific conspiracy theory, group or ideology. As such, his action was not categorized as an act of terrorism.
FBI: Nashville bomber driven by conspiracies, paranoia

The man who blew himself up inside his recreational vehicle in a Christmas Day bombing in Nashville was grappling with paranoia and eccentric conspiracy theories, but there are no indications he was motivated by social or political ideology, the FBI said Monday in closing out the investigation into the blast.

The FBI statement sets out to resolve some of the lingering mysteries of an explosion that initially perplexed investigators and the public because it appeared to lack an obvious motive or fit a clear profile. ...

The FBI concluded that the bomber, Anthony Quinn Warner, chose the location and timing so that it would be impactful while still minimizing the likelihood of “undue injury.” ...

The report found that Warner acted alone and set off the bomb to end his own life, driven in part by his longtime beliefs in several “eccentric” conspiracy theories and paranoia as well as “the loss of stabilizing anchors and deteriorating interpersonal relationships.” ...

Despite online speculation that Warner may have been motivated by conspiracy theories about 5G technology, given the proximity of the explosion to an AT&T building and the resulting havoc to cellphone service in the area, the FBI statement gives no indication that that is the case and said that the bombing was not related to terrorism.

“The FBI’s analysis did not reveal indications of a broader ideological motive to use violence to bring about social or political change, nor does it reveal indications of a specific personal grievance focused on individuals or entities in and around the location of the explosion,” the FBI said.

Investigators conducted more than 250 interviews and combed through more than 2,500 tips, the FBI said. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/conspiracy-theories-bombings-48c2d0caf2a65ad22225b7b08f85eb96

Time was when if you were killed as part of a conspiracy theory it was because "They" had been out to silence you for your secret knowledge of JFK, etc. Nowadays if you're killed as part of a CT it's because you believed so much guff that you went insane and killed yourself as part of some statement or other only you could understand.

Back