Nasty Neighbours

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mother angers neighbours by cutting off top half of outhouse door to 'convert it' into a stable for her horses
By Mark Duell
PUBLISHED: 17:57, 7 February 2013 | UPDATED: 07:47, 8 February 2013

A 43-year-old mother has been threatened with eviction after turning her outside shed into a stable for her pet horses.
Julie Burnham, of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, cut off the top half of her outhouse door and scattered hay inside to create a stable for the animals.
Her family were said to regularly ride their ponies up and down the street where they live and horse manure was allegedly even posted through a neighbour's letterbox.

Housing officers visiting her home spotted a pony in the back yard and the outhouse being used as a stable. Burnham was threatened with eviction if she failed to clean up the house.
The family are said to have committed a catalogue of anti-social behaviour offences.
Neighbours have complained that the two ponies being kept at the property were being ridden on the footpaths around the estate.
It is also claimed that a group of teenagers at the house were shouting, swearing and breaking branches off the trees, while on another occasion visitors to the house were fighting and neighbours had to complain about loud music.

Burnham said that she no longer has the horses and that they have now been sold.
Gateshead County Court heard of more than 60 incidents of anti-social behaviour and placed a year-long suspended eviction order on Burnham.
If she, her son or any visitors to the home are involved in any anti-social activities between now and January 2014, she will be evicted.

Neil Bouch, the Gateshead Housing Company's director of customers and communities, said: ‘We want to help people feel safe in their homes and neighbourhoods.
‘So we will not tolerate the unreasonable behaviour of a small minority of residents, which causes a disturbance to other residents.
‘The housing company will continue to work with Gateshead Council, the police and the courts to reduce the threat of antisocial behaviour across the borough.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2KJ9xqSkh

McAvennie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Can't remember if I have complained about this before on here or not but basically we rent our apartment in a building with about I'd say 30 other apartments spread across three buildings and 5/6 floors. Luckily, despite being on a major road in the centre of a big city it is incredibly quiet - to the extent that on an evening you can hear the birds tweeting in the courtyard.

We are not unnaturally noisy people, we are both out at work all day from about 8-30 to 19-00pm and the evening routine usually consists of making dinner, surfing the net for a bit and watching a film or TV show. We might have music on but not at anything near uncomfortable levels. As we have work we are usually in bed by 11pm so not having wild parties until the early hours.

After having one get together shortly after we moved in that did go on past 1am and led to complaints from the neighbours we have rarely if ever had visitors round. I can count maybe three or four instances in two years where we have had more than one friend round to visit at the same time.

We have no pets or children that make noise and while the washing machine is quite loud we make sure not to put it on late in the evening.

In the two years we have been there we have had neighbours in the next building seemingly having a rave until about 3am, the neighbours downstairs having a huge row in the hallway for about 45 minutes, slamming doors and calling each other all sorts, our adjoining neighbour leaving her alarm clock going off all day on several occasions and our other adjoining neighbours talk unnecessarily loud to each other at all times to the extent that we can hear every word of their conversations - and slam their door shut every time they go in and out, children on the lower floors who scream and shout early on the weekends and a crazy woman who mashes her piano and yells out the window loudly on a Sunday morning.

Not once though have we ever complained about any of it. If you live in a city centre in an apartment block with paper thin walls then that is the price you have to pay.

Yet... today, I received an email from the landlord's agency saying that "several" neighbours have complained about "often" being disturbed by noise from our apartment.

We don't have much to do with any of our neighbours but 99% of them that we do see we pass greetings to on our way in and out of the building. One of them however has from day one been sour-faced and unfriendly since she moved in. She flat out blanks us, scowls if we see her in the street and sadly she also happens to be our landlord's daughter.

I am pretty sure that it is her who is complaining about us and I am pretty sure that even if we were Trappist monks she would find something to get on our case about.

We love our apartment and certainly do not want to leave, which is why since our initial housewarming party was deemed too rowdy two years ago we have stopped having anybody over to visit and made a real effort to avoid making undue noise as we didn't want to risk upsetting anyone else. I just kind of feel that we are being victimised and blamed for non-existent noise or at the least being blamed for the same kind/level of noise that we put up with from our neighbours.

Obviously it is only my word saying that we are not having massive parties every night, but we are genuinely not. Just had to have a bit of a rant about it as it has thoroughly pissed me off but I know whatever argument we put up in defence would be brushed aside. I don't want to start complaining about every slammed door or coughing fit from our unfriendly neighbour as that is just stooping to her level, but just sitting back and taking a telling off over something I don't believe we are doing is very frustrating.

:(

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that, can't offer a solution but I know what it's like to have unfriendly neighbours so I can sympathise. Hope you can work something out that doesn't involve you walking on eggshells for the rest of your lives.

Cherrybomb

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
:( Aww that's awful. Could you talk to your landlord and explain your side of the story?

smokehead

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
It's impossible for reasonable people to deal with the unreasonable, they lack the insight and reflective virtues that others have, and the first indication is their hypocrisy, accusing others of things they are guilty of themselves.
I found that my interest in real crime helped somewhat when moving to a new house, I buy plenty of cheap paperbacks about serial killers and I used to put them in the porch for recycling before we all got the wheelie bins and an unpaid part time job working for Serco.
Strangely,no one ever bothers me. :D

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
I'd suggest going to the agency, or possibly the landlord, in person - rather than just corresponding. Ask for specific complaints that have been made against you - dates and times and the nature of the activity being complained about, if possible. Of course, emphasise that you yourself are often disturbed and ask if the complaints made could not possibly have been misdirected. Also, write a letter to your immediate neighbours explaining that complaints have been made against you and that you are sorry if people have been inconvenienced but it really has nothing to do with you - this might be slightly riskier, however it might flush things out, especially if you then find out that none of the complaints are generated from those who are in the position to be most affected; it might even get your immediate neighbours onside, especially if they have themselves been the subject of complaints from the same source, which might not be unlikely.

I've been through a similar situation myself, which was clearly manufactured by a particular individual in order to deflect attention away from their own anti-social behaviour. I got her bang to rights though - after a couple of years of mid-level mither she ramped things up and made a series of serious complaints over a two week period, claiming that the levels of noise were now intolerable. (My direct neighbours never made any complaints - in fact they both claimed never to know if I was at home or working away). I was working in Denmark at the time, and had been for weeks (I live on my own) - when I proved that to the landlord he ripped up all her complaints and advised her that her behaviour might constitute harrasment. Funnily enough, she shut up.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We used to have a neighbour like that. I used to get visits from the council with complaints about a noisy dog-we've never had one, noisy birds- they were lorikeets that perched on our tree on their way through, noisy guinea pigs- we had one that lived in a cage on the other side of the house, messy leaves from a tree- it belonged to a house in the next court.
She was the one who used to ring the fire brigade whenever I took one of my daughters to the bus. Thank goodness she moved and we have nice Indian neighbours now.

McAvennie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Good to hear that I'm not the only one who has suffered this, I was beginning to think that perhaps we really are very noisy!

The problem with going to the landlord directly is that the neighbour we believe is complaining is the landlord's daughter... :?

She moved in about 6 months after we did, replacing neighbours who were perfectly pleasant, and never complained about us making any noise. First time we met her she complained that she could hear us through the wall and ever since has never spoken to us or even acknowledged our existence when we have passed her.

We do have neighbours downstairs who are never shy to complain and we have seen them both in the past week and neither said anything.

This morning our 'suspect' came in and out twice, both times slamming the door. If you are on the floor below I guess there is no real way of knowing which door on the floor above has been slammed.

I asked the landlord's agency for clarification as to exactly what the noise is but she said she would have to get clarification and get back to me, which seemed odd as surely if they had received complaints they would have the details right there.

Will have to wait and see what happens...

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Peace at last as TV and stereo equipment taken from noisy home
7:00am Monday 24th June 2013 in Truro

Cornwall Council have joined forces with police to give some people living near a noisy home some much needed peace and quiet.
Council officers entered an address in St Austell on June 18 and confiscated equipment used to cause a noise nuisance.

A Noise Abatement Notice was served on the occupier of the premises in Trevail Way, St. Austell, in May 2012 following evidence of loud music causing a disturbance to neighbouring residents.
The Council’s noise monitoring equipment was used to record the noise from the property and officers from the public health and protection team also visited and witnessed the noise.

Despite previous warnings after the noise abatement notice was served, the occupant of the property continued to cause unreasonable disturbance to their neighbours.

Following the breach of the legal notice, a warrant was obtained and the property was entered and noise making equipment removed. The equipment removed included a large television, surround sound system, stereo system and speakers. :twisted:
Authorised officers are able to enter in such instances, by force if necessary, and can remove any equipment that could be used to cause a noise nuisance – this can include televisions, games consoles, CD and DVD players and other such equipment.
The removed equipment will be retained for a minimum of 28 days and Cornwall Council also has the option to prosecute the offender which could result in a fine of up to £5,000.

The Noise Abatement Notice will remain in force ensuring that any new equipment brought into the property can be dealt with in the same manner should the need arise.

A spokesman from Devon and Cornwall Police said: “Devon and Cornwall Police are dedicated to working together with partner agencies to reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour in the local communities. This is a good example of where agencies can work together to stop local people from suffering from anti-social behaviour as anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.

Complaints about noise pollution can be made to the Environmental Protection Team at Cornwall Council via your local one stop shop, by telephoning 0300 1234 212 or through your local Councillor.

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/tr ... me/?ref=ec

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
They have been doing this for some time in Manchester but it requires months of monitoring the misery before they reach that stage. :(

I wish they would confiscate my neighbour's mobile phone. As an isolated "indoor Asian" woman she clearly has a rotten life but her incessant bleating is driving me insane. I can only assume the person on the receiving end of her endless whinging has an even harder life. Probably they leave the phone on the table as Mrs. A. does not pause long enough for any responses to be made.

Now back to Youtube and "Low Throbbing Bass" 10 hour version. If she complains about that, I will point out the off-switch is effectively in her house! :evil:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
JamesWhitehead said:
They have been doing this for some time in Manchester but it requires months of monitoring the misery before they reach that stage. :(

I wish they would confiscate my neighbour's mobile phone. As an isolated "indoor Asian" woman she clearly has a rotten life but her incessant bleating is driving me insane. I can only assume the person on the receiving end of her endless whinging has an even harder life. Probably they leave the phone on the table as Mrs. A. does not pause long enough for any responses to be made.

Now back to Youtube and "Low Throbbing Bass" 10 hour version. If she complains about that, I will point out the off-switch is effectively in her house! :evil:
Maybe she bleats into a dead phone. I had a neighbour who did that.

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
A friend of mine, who lived in a basement flat just off Leith Walk in Edinburgh, had a genuine lunatic living above him - went loupy (see what I did there?) in the run up to a full-moon and ran around the street howling in his underpants.

The guy was eventually sectioned and an Asian family moved into the flat. One afternoon a couple of weeks later, just when my friend and his wife had finally started to relax a little, the entire flat started to vibrate violently. Turned out the new occupants had set up a little side line for themselves by way of a laundry. They'd set up eight washing machines with some creative plumbing via another empty flat in the block - when they hit the spin cycle it sounded like a Chinook was landing in the kitchen.

A couple of nights into it - before the council had time to respond to neighbours complaints - the plumbing committed suicide, and the entire basement was deluged in soapy water resulting in a two month sojourn on mates floors while it all got sorted out.

Nay luck – as they say in that neck of the woods.

milk23

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
did I tell you about the fella who lives next door watching blue movies at top volume? because I can't tell you about what I've heard, not on a polite forum such as this.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mountain Ash abusive neighbours evicted after 97 incidents

A family of four who abused, spat at and threatened to kill their neighbours have been forced to leave their home by a council.
The woman, her ex-partner and two adult sons were involved in a "staggering" amount of anti-social behaviour at the property in Mountain Ash.

Rhondda Cynon Taf council was also allowed by a court to board up the home after investigating 97 incidents.
Merthyr magistrates heard the tenants' behaviour was making neighbours ill.

An investigation was carried out into three years of complaints, which began a month after the family moved to the RCT Homes-owned house from Bristol in 2010.
The council took action to close the house in Glenboi in the town where Hillary Newell, 54, who has moderate learning difficulties, lived with her 23-year-old son Mark Pugh.

It was alleged that, along with a second son, Matthew, who also has moderate learning difficulties, and Newell's former partner David Newell, they had been involved in persistent drunken disorder and threatening behaviour.

Incidents outlined in court included:

Hilary Newell intimidating her neighbours and spitting at them.
Shouting and screaming throughout the night.
David Newell pushing a neighbour while Ms Newell insulted her while both appeared to be drunk.
Matthew Pugh screaming and shouting abuse at his neighbours.
Threats to kill.
Foul and abusive language to neighbours.
Banging on neighbour's walls.
Threats of violence against police officers and an assault against an officer.
Merthyr Tydfil magistrates were told that the family had been intimidating residents so that they were in fear of making complaints or coming forward to give evidence in court.

Some had been too afraid to go into their gardens because of abuse and harassment from the family.
One of the neighbours also used to watch television with subtitles on due to the levels of noise coming from the property, said the council.

In a statement read out in court, PC Sian Weyman said the effect the family was having on neighbours was "immense".
"We have elderly and vulnerable persons living at the location, who have been exposed to years of continued noise, banging, shouting, screaming, swearing and recently threats," she said.
"Both neighbours have expressed concerns for their personal safety and that of their property."

The court was told how the council, South Wales Police and RCT Homes had spoken and contacted the family on dozens of occasions, including warning letters, one-to-one meetings and interviews in an attempt to resolve the problems.

However, due to the continued bad behaviour the court granted their request for a premises closure order to allow the council to close the property and evict the family.

It was the third such order successfully applied for by the council, which was the first in Wales to obtain one after it came into power in December 2008.

David Jones, head of protection at Rhondda Cynon Taf council, said: "The fact that we have obtained the order in this case shows not only the seriousness of it but also that all the partners have worked tirelessly to resolve this issue for the benefit of the local community using a range of alternative techniques before resorting to this extreme measure."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23809835

liveinabin

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I'm glad that the problem has been resolved but they will now be making some other people's lives a misery. How is it decided where to rehouse them?

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Donald Martin, 80-Year-Old Pennsylvania Man, Used Tractor To Fling Rocks
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/1 ... 41397.html
09/17/13 10:52 AM ET EDT AP

FOLLOW: 80-Year-Old Tractor Rock Flinging, Donald Martin, Bad Neighbors, Mean Neighbors, Pennsylvania Man Tractor Rocks, Weird News
ROCHESTER, Pa. -- An 80-year-old Pennsylvania man has been charged with using his lawn tractor to fling rocks and debris at neighbors and police.

The Beaver County Times (http://bit.ly/166Yh2q) reports Donald Martin drove his tractor toward three neighbors after using the machine to pull a bush out of the ground in a property line dispute on June 21.

On July 3 and Aug. 30, police say Martin drove the tractor over bare ground so the mower would fling rocks and other debris at his neighbors and – in the last encounter – a responding police officer.

Martin, of Rochester Township, doesn't have a listed phone number and online court records don't list an attorney for him. He faces a preliminary hearing Sept. 24 on simple assault and other charges.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
House of hell - Penryn home boarded up after tenant evicted
6:00am Thursday 19th September 2013 in Falmouth/Penryn .

A house in Penryn where its tenant and her visitors’ rowdy, drink and drug-fuelled behaviour made life “a living hell” for her neighbours, has been shut down by a court order.

Kate Martin, aged 39, moved into 36 Permarin Road, two years ago. Since then neighbours have complained about noise, threatening behaviour, abusive language, and parties any time of night or day, with a constant coming and going of visitors who drank to excess and took drugs.

An application for a closure order for her Cornwall Housing-owned home was made to Truro Magistrates by counsel James Taghdissian, acting for the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary.

Behaviour at the property had been violent and rowdy, he said, and had seen drugs used on the premises or people there who were under the influence of drugs making a nuisance of themselves.

Martin was not in court for the hearing, having telephoned to say she was unwell.

Charles Hulley, who had been engaged as her solicitor until a mistake was realised and legal aid was granted in error, said Martin would be made homeless straightaway if the order was made. He asked for an adjournment, but the magistrates were against him.

They heard evidence from two police officers, a neighbourhood enforcement officer from Cornwall Housing, a Penryn Town Council officer and three neighbours to number 36, who said there was disturbance from the premises 24 hours a day, with noise, foul language and fighting in the street.

One said visitors urinated through his fence, his garden gate and left a nearby playground littered with drink cans, needles and evidence of drugs so that children did not go there anymore. Some of the people were distinctive, including one who had a bright blue, 12 inch high Mohican haircut.

A young mother living nearby, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: “Life has been a living hell for myself and my five year old son.” She had had to take tablets for her nerves, having lived with shouting and screaming through the night and having threats made to her. “They are smackheads and have left needles about. I don’t want them around my son.” They had been to her door begging for money and trying to sell her stolen goods. She had seen Kate Martin walking unclothed from the waist down.

Margaret Webb, in her seventies, said she kept a diary of the nuisances.
“It has just been a typical nightmare,” she said. “The noise has been terrible. I am afraid to go to bed, I haven’t had any sleep all night sometimes. These people were using awful language and were very frightening and Kate just enjoys all this. She invites them in to do what they like doing best, drinking and up late at night.”

The magistrates heard there had been 29 out of hours calls about what was going on at number 36 and on 55 occasions nuisance diaries had been submitted to the housing authority by local residents. Mr Taghdissian said Martin had made life “one living hell” for people living near her. “She and her visitors just don’t give a damn”.

The order was made for closure for three months. Chairman Roger Cargeeg said they hoped this would give some relief from the anti social behaviour which had been going on in and around number 36.

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/fp ... t_evicted/

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Music equipment taken from Falmouth home after repeated noise nuisance
5:00pm Friday 11th October 2013 in News

Nearby residents on Killigrew Street can enjoy some peace and quiet this weekend after police and Cornwall Council officers confiscated equipment used to cause a noise nuisance from a home.
Officers from Cornwall Council’s Public Health and Protection team, working with the Police, entered the address in Falmouth today, October 11, and confiscated equipment used to cause a noise nuisance.

A Noise Abatement Notice was served on the occupier of the premises in Killigrew Street, Falmouth on October 4 following evidence of "loud music causing a disturbance to neighbouring residents".
Officers from the Public Health and Protection team also visited and witnessed the noise during the early hours of October 5.
A council spokesman said that despite previous warnings after the noise abatement notice was served, the occupants of the property continued to cause "unreasonable disturbance to their neighbours".

Following the breach of the legal notice, a warrant was obtained and the property was entered and noise making equipment removed. The equipment removed included a large television, surround sound system, stereo system and speakers.

Authorised officers are able to enter, by force if necessary, and can remove any equipment that could be used to cause a noise nuisance – this can include televisions, games consoles, CD and DVD players and other such equipment.

The removed equipment will be retained by the Public Health and Protection Department for a minimum of 28 days and Cornwall Council also has the option to prosecute the offender which could result in a fine of up to £5,000.

The Noise Abatement Notice will remain in force ensuring that any new equipment brought into the property can be dealt with in the same manner should the need arise.

“Excessive noise which affects neighbours and the local community amounts to anti social behaviour and will not be tolerated.” said Geoff Brown, Cornwall Council Cabinet Member for Homes and Communities.
“Our Environmental Protection Officers will continue to monitor and seize equipment whenever necessary to crack down on this sort of unreasonable behaviour.”

Complaints about noise pollution can be made to the Environmental Protection Team at Cornwall Council via your local one stop shop, by telephoning 0300 1234 212 or through your local Councillor.

You can also report any kind of anti-social behaviour via the Safer Cornwall website.

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/10 ... ce/?ref=mr

Another one bites the dust! :twisted:

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Reggae fan played music louder than a motorway
Chrissie Holyoak, 54, made her neighbours' lives a misery by blaring reggae music through speakers that even drowned out sounds of a nearby motorway
12:30PM BST 14 Jul 2014

A middle-aged reggae fan who blasted her music louder than a nearby motorway has narrowly avoided jail.
Chrissie Holyoak, 54, made her neighbours' lives a living hell by blaring reggae music through speakers at her home in Buckhurst Hill, Essex.

The former bus driver - who describes music as her 'therapy' and wore headphones to court - was handed a 10-week suspended prison sentence when she appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday for breach of an ASBO.
She had faced up to five years in prison for the offence.

Recorder Timothy Ashe QC said: "There is a complete failure on your behalf to obey the law.
"Your behaviour has been quite extraordinary.
"The element that makes this very serious is the total flouting of noise abatement notices and anti-social behaviour orders.
"You have narrowly got away with prison.
"I do warn you that you will end up in prison if you continue to do this."

Holyoak was slapped with an anti-social behaviour order (ASBO) last July after annoying her neighbours with her loud music.
A jury took just 27 minutes to find her guilty of six breaches of the ASBO in June this year following a trial at Chelmsford Crown Court.
The trial had heard Holyoak blasted out a selection of reggae tunes, as well as Barry White and James Brown, on speakers throughout the day and night.
An environmental officer for Epping Council said the music could be clearly heard over the sound of the neighbouring motorway.

Holyoak came to court on Monday wearing a large pair of red and black iDance headphones and only removed them once in the dock for sentencing.

Stephen Wells, mitigating, said: "I don't think it can be suggested that harm has ever been intended by Miss Holyoak.
"She is a woman of previous good character before these proceedings."
The judge sentenced her to 10-weeks imprisonment, suspended for one year, and ordered her to pay £180 costs and an £80 victim surcharge.

Speaking outside of court, she said: "I can't believe I'm 54 and I'm looking at going away for playing music.
"Music is my therapy. It's what I eat, it's what I breathe.
"I don't do drugs, I don't drink - that is why I have music.
"I've stuck to what they told me and used my headphones 24 hours a day.
"All these complaints are just lies so they have an excuse to kick me out of my house."

Tom Carne, speaking for Epping Forest District Council, said: "We obviously take breaches of ASBOs and noise nuisances very seriously.
"Loud music played for hours on end can be very distressing to neighbours.
"We don't like to take people to court and we always try more gentle persuasion first but if they continue to ignore council requests and flout sanctions placed on them, as in this case, we will prosecute and take every action through the courts available to us.

"We are very pleased with the outcome of today's hearing and hope it sends a message to others who would ignore the basic rules of being a good neighbour."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... orway.html

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Andrew Chamberlain attacked Daniel Morgan in parking row

A man attacked his neighbour with a scaffolding pole in a parking row. Daniel Morgan, 24, had his arm broken in three places after being attacked by Andrew Chamberlain, a court heard. Chamberlain hit Mr Morgan with the 4ft metal pole after the neighbour left his car outside Chamberlain's home in Greenfield Terrace, Blackwood.

The 50-year-old, who was convicted of grievous bodily harm with intent at Cardiff Crown Court, said he used the pole in self defence. The court heard parking was a "contentious issue" on the street and residents agreed to only park outside their own homes. When Mr Morgan parked outside Chamberlain's home, he became "abusive and threatening," the court heard. ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south- ... s-29205620

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
'Family from hell' made homeless after making neighbours' lives misery

A family made homeless after subjecting neighbours to seven years of fighting, shouting and swearing, are demanding a new house from the council.

The notorious Birch clan got a joint ASBO after committing 300 anti-social incidents, 12 injunctions, three prison sentences and two evictions are demanding a new home from the council.

They were evicted from their first home - only to be kicked out of their next less than a year later after complaints about yet more disorder.

The family - dad Michael, 69, partner Jane Beard, 52, and daughters Trudie, 28, and Ellen, 22 - are now homeless and living in an abandoned building.

The father & 2 daughters have served prison sentences because of their behaviour & the wife given a suspended sentence.

Graylien

As if!
Reaction score
Some people just seem beyond redemption. What to do with them? Maybe send them all to a remote island to live with each other.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Some people just seem beyond redemption. What to do with them? Maybe send them all to a remote island to live with each other.
I hear Gruinard is still available.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
And here they are again.

This time banned from Costa Coffee for using the bathroom as their own & turning it into a shithole.

Vila Woods, supervisor at Costa, said they are fed up of finding shaving foam and talcum powder all over the floor.

The family and their Staffordshire bull terrier, Jacko, were living in an empty building in Gloucester until police moved them on.

They moved into the Dorchester Hotel B&B nearby because of freezing temperatures but were asked to leave after just three days.

Over the weekend, they were spotted sleeping rough on the streets - with their possessions and bedding piled high in a shopping trolley.

These people have got be thick as shit. Even some of their relatives are sick of them:

The relative, who wished not to be named, said: "The four members that have been made homeless don't deserve anymore help than what has already been given.
"If they were to be given another chance it will most likely be the same end result with them being evicted.

"Myself and other family members are completely ashamed to be related to them with the trouble they have caused."

David Plankton

I AM HIM.
Reaction score
And here they are again.

This time banned from Costa Coffee for using the bathroom as their own & turning it into a shithole.

These people have got be thick as shit. Even some of their relatives are sick of them:
From the photo at that link, I am guessing that Michael Birch is the guy in the wheelchair on the right, the people with their faces blanked out being 'friends of the family'. He has a full beard so I wonder who was using shaving foam and what for.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
A nasty person, don't just shrub your shoulders.

A woman "hell-bent" on tormenting her neighbour with a giant potted plant has been banned from putting items outside his house.

Mary de Jong, 68, was found guilty of ignoring a court order to remove the shrub next to Stephen Johnston's kitchen window. The size of the plant stopped him from opening it, Exeter Crown Court heard. A new restraining order forbids her from placing objects within 1m (3ft 3ins) of his home. The court previously heard the long-running dispute stemmed from a row over access to a shared courtyard in Topsham, Devon.

Sentencing, Judge Peter Johnson told her:

"If you break this order, the likely outcome would be an immediate custodial sentence. You repeatedly told the jury it was your land and you could do with it as you wished. You were wrong in that because you were subject to the court order," he added.

De Jong, of White Street, also failed to remove CCTV cameras pointed at Mr Johnston's home as part of the original order.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-49606907

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
At least the cameras wouldn't be able to see inside the kitchen with the massive plant in the way.