• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nasty Things Found In Food & Drink

he found a piece that was tougher to chew, he said.
He complained to staff at the restaurant, a branch of Axiang Rice Noodles in a mall in Changchun, Jilin province, and it was established that there were pieces of excrement in the meal.

Tough shit! :rollingw:

Deep-fried pig intestines or 'chicks' are also a Staffordshire/Midlands delicacy.

My brother was once having a Saturday chip shop lunch with a rural Staffordshire colleague's family, who were wolfing down their chicks and chips, and made the mistake of asking what the chicks were.
When he was told he was actually eating one and he says it came up about 30 times before he managed to swallow it!

Pig intestines are an acquired taste but I'm ok with them now, and eat them from time to time. They definitely do have a 'farmyard aroma' about them though.

A mask!

A six-year-old girl nearly choked on a chicken nugget from McDonald's which her mother has claimed contained a blue surgical face mask.

Maddie was eating a Happy Meal her mother Laura Arber, 32, bought from the Aldershot, Hampshire, branch of the fast food giant on Tuesday.

She managed to get the chicken nugget out of her daughter's mouth and said: "It was a mask, it was absolutely baked into it".

McDonald's said it is investigating.

Ms Arber told the BBC: "I had to put my finger in her mouth to make her sick and it came up all speckled with blue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-53617762

A New Hampshire man is facing more than 4 years in prison for putting razor blades and screws in pizza dough produced by his former employer.
Man who put razor blades in pizza dough sentenced to prison

A man accused of putting razor blades and screws in pizza dough at supermarkets in Maine and New Hampshire was sentenced Thursday to four years and nine months in federal prison.

The sentencing of Nicholas Mitchell, 39, of Dover, New Hampshire, followed an agreement with prosecutors in which he pleaded guilty in June to one of two counts of tampering with a consumer product. He also must pay nearly $230,000 in restitution to Hannaford Supermarkets. ...

Although no one was injured, the crime was dangerous and spread fear in the community, the judge said.

Mitchell tearfully apologized for his actions. He said he did it to get back at the pizza dough company that fired him, not to hurt anybody. ...

Mitchell was arrested in October 2020 after razor blades were found in dough sold at a Hannaford store in Saco, Maine. ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/coronavi...-crime-maine-8720113a5fd032ace38abda7cf40e9cc

A Dagenham (Essex, UK) mother claims to have found a big bag of illegal drugs hidden in her kids' cereal.

Horrified mum discovers 'massive' bag of crystal meth hidden in child's breakfast cereal

The young mum was making breakfast just like any other morning when she discovered a plastic bag filled with white crystals inside a bag of Nestle's Golden Morn cereal.
However -
A Nestle spokesperson said: “This case was investigated six months ago by both Nestlé and the police. It was concluded that the item was inserted into the packaging at some point after the product left Nestlé in Nigeria.

"This is not a product we manufacture or distribute in the UK, but we appreciate how concerning it must have been for Haisam and worked closely with her to resolve the issue since she first contacted us in June."
Sounds to suspicious ol' me as if neither Nestle or the police believe her.

Can’t see why - she’d hardly report it to the police if she’d put it there.
There could be all sorts of reasons. Getting rid of something she'd been lumbered with is one possibility.

Also, people do pretend to find foreign objects in food.

There could be all sorts of reasons. Getting rid of something she'd been lumbered with is one possibility.

Also, people do pretend to find foreign objects in food.
Seems unlikely. If she wanted to get rid of it she could’ve just thrown it away, & nearly half a kilo of crystal meth is probably worth more than any compensation she’d be likely to get from Nestle.

Seems unlikely. If she wanted to get rid of it she could’ve just thrown it away, & nearly half a kilo of crystal meth is probably worth more than any compensation she’d be likely to get from Nestle.
Yup, it's a puzzle innit.

An Australian woman found a little something extra inside her package of broccoli - a scorpion.
Australian woman finds scorpion in package of broccoli

An Australian woman said she was shocked to open a package of broccoli from a local supermarket to discover a live scorpion lurking inside.

Chloe Mitchell said her father-in-law bought the broccoli from the Aldi store in Ulladulla, New South Wales, and she made a surprising discovery while preparing it for a meal. ...

"I put it in the steamer on the stove. I then turned around to get the last few pieces and saw something crawling along the chopping board," Mitchell told News.com.au. ...

"I yelled for my husband to come into the kitchen, and he said some choice words," Mitchell told 9News.

She said the eight-legged creature became aggressive when she and her husband attempted to capture it. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/0...Aldi-store-Ulladulla-Australia/8541642798943/

A UK woman claimed she'd bitten into something odd within her McDonald's wrap and found the anomaly to be a sizable spider.
Unhappy Meal: A customer's McDonald's chicken and bacon wrap came with a side of spider

A woman in England said she will never eat at McDonald's again after she bit into "something hard" while eating food from the fast-food chain, only to realize that she had bitten a huge spider.

Katie Moss, 21, a care assistant from Winsford in west England, said she ordered a chicken and bacon wrap from McDonald's through the app Just Eat ... on Jan. 19.

Moss said she was nearly done eating the wrap when she bit into "something hard."

"At first I thought it was the end of a tomato, so I pulled it out, and at first I thought it was just part of the chicken, but when I looked closer, I thought it was a crab, then I realized it was a spider," Moss told The Mirror. "I spat the rest out, but I had bitten into it. I was disgusted. I felt like throwing up. It was all curled up."

Moss said the spider was a kind she had never seen before and suspected it wasn't native to the U.K. She said it left an odd taste in her mouth, and she's paranoid about eating anything else. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2022/01/25/woman-eats-mcdonalds-finds-spider/9212439002/

A Canadian woman found a live frog in a salad package.
Woman discovers live frog in sealed lettuce container in London, Ont., grocery store

Chantel Scott, 26, was on the phone with her mom when she spotted a frog inside a sealed lettuce container at the Sobeys on Adelaide in North London, Ont., on Saturday. ...

Scott assumed the frog was dead when she started recording a video, but when she picked up the Sobeys-brand container, she saw the frog move.

"I was like, 'Oh my gosh, it's still alive.'" ...
FULL STORY (With Photo & Video): https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/lond...ntainer-in-london-ont-grocery-store-1.6579753

There was a man who swallowed a fly ...

Doctors in Missouri were baffled to spot a fly inside a man's intestines during a routine colon screening.

Images taken during the colonoscopy and published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology show the intact fly inside the man's colon.

Matthew Bechtold, the chief of Gastroenterology at the University of Missouri, told The Independent that he had prodded the fly and confirmed it was dead.

fly in intestine

Fly found in a routine colonoscopy (N. Sharma et al., American Journal of Gastroenterology, 2023)

The 63-year-old patient told doctors that he had only consumed clear liquids the day before the procedure and had no idea how the fly had gotten into his colon. He said he had eaten pizza and lettuce for dinner two days before the procedure but did not remember a fly being in his food.

The finding was described as "a very rare colonoscopy finding and mystery on how the intact fly found its way to the transverse colon."

The transverse colon is the "most mobile" and "longest part" of the large intestine. Bech told told The Independent that the fly could have reached it by entering the patient's body through the mouth or rectum.

He said that if the fly entered through the mouth it would likely have been "degraded" by upper digestive enzymes and stomach acid, meaning that wasn't likely.

However, he said it was also unlikely that it entered through the rectum.

https://www.sciencealert.com/bizarre-discovery-of-intact-housefly-in-mans-intestines-shocks-doctors

If a fly pupa on the verge of hatching had been ingested with the lettuce, could it survive the journey to the colon and the fly emerge in there?
(Must go and read up intestinal myiasis when I have a moment)

Last edited:
There was a man who swallowed a fly ...

Doctors in Missouri were baffled to spot a fly inside a man's intestines during a routine colon screening.

Images taken during the colonoscopy and published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology show the intact fly inside the man's colon.

Matthew Bechtold, the chief of Gastroenterology at the University of Missouri, told The Independent that he had prodded the fly and confirmed it was dead.

fly in intestine

Fly found in a routine colonoscopy (N. Sharma et al., American Journal of Gastroenterology, 2023)

The 63-year-old patient told doctors that he had only consumed clear liquids the day before the procedure and had no idea how the fly had gotten into his colon. He said he had eaten pizza and lettuce for dinner two days before the procedure but did not remember a fly being in his food.

The finding was described as "a very rare colonoscopy finding and mystery on how the intact fly found its way to the transverse colon."

The transverse colon is the "most mobile" and "longest part" of the large intestine. Bech told told The Independent that the fly could have reached it by entering the patient's body through the mouth or rectum.

He said that if the fly entered through the mouth it would likely have been "degraded" by upper digestive enzymes and stomach acid, meaning that wasn't likely.

However, he said it was also unlikely that it entered through the rectum.

https://www.sciencealert.com/bizarre-discovery-of-intact-housefly-in-mans-intestines-shocks-doctors

No, no, no: It was an old lady who swallowed a fly.

maximus otter

Back