• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nasty Things Found In Food & Drink

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Commerce City? Ora-Potency Fruit Punch? This just has to be
a wind-up. Things to do in Denver when it's Thursday?

Man Finds Human Penis
In Bottle Of Fruit Punch
By Tillie Fong
News Staff Writer
Inside Denver.com
9-30-1

COMMERCE CITY - Police say a man found a penis Thursday in a bottled drink he purchased at a grocery store.   "For us, it's a mystery," said Elaine Rowe, spokeswoman for Commerce City police.   "We don't know if there is a crime involved. This could be a fraud, mutilation or attempted homicide."   Thursday morning, Juan Sanchez-Marchez, 41, a machine operator at Foothills Mail and Supply, was at work, taking his usual sips from a 20-ounce bottle of Ora Potency Fruit Punch.   After he had downed about two-thirds of the bottle, he found something in the opaque red drink.   He called over his 16-year-old son, Manuel, who also works at the shop. His boss told him that it looked like a penis and to report it to the police.   A pathologist with the Adams County coroner's office determined it was a 3-inch segment of human penis. It was cleanly cut at the base.   Authorities do not know whether the body part came from an adult or juvenile, or whether it had been taken from a cadaver or a living person.   A DNA test will be conducted on the penis, in case it may be related to an ongoing Adams County investigation where various body parts, including a head and part of a leg, have been found but not identified.   The Ora Potency Fruit Punch comes in a clear glass bottle with a label.   Sanchez-Marchez said the top was intact when he opened it.   "It's a very hard top to get off," he said.   Police do not believe that Sanchez-Marchez put the penis in the bottle.   "He's a very credible witness," Rowe said.   The drink was purchased Wednesday from the King Soopers at 6040 E. 65th Ave.   Sanchez-Marchez bought six bottles. Nothing was found in the others.   The product has been taken off the shelves at the store and from other King Soopers in the metro area.   A King Soopers spokesperson could not be reached for comment late Friday.   Rowe said the drink was dated at least a year ago and was bottled at a plant in Pittsburgh.   "They said there was no way it could have occurred there," she said.   "It's a mystery where it came from and how it got into this bottle."

It's not mine!

Hang on a minute! Nope, it's definitely still there. Could be bigger though, but we can all dream, eh? ;)

Initially sounds like the stuff of urban legends, akin to the Mouse in a Coke bottle. But it sounds as if they have the evidence, which rather points to a hate campaign (rather obviously against the donor, if alive at the time - possibly there's a 'Mrs Bobbit' working at the bottling plant?), probably against the manufacturer.

But isn't it always the way, huh? Drinking two-thirds before noticing it? Glad that my worst contaminant experience was a corn plaster in the seasoning of a packet of pub Pork Scratchings some years ago - and that was gross enough, believe me (and an effective cure).

I guess, if the drink had been tequila, it could have been a different story...indeed, it may not even have come to light at all.

:cross eye

Come on, Sean, if you can eat Pork Scratchings, a lil' old
corn plaster ain't gonna hurt you none.

I heard they took the worms out of the tequila because they
were hallucinogenic, allegedly, being bred in the agave plant.

Dim memories stir of Malcolm Lowry type binges under volcanoes
in Wales . . .

Oh dear, I really fancy a tequila now, worm or no-worm. :p

They did seem to be attractive after a drinkie or two - as almost anything edible is, don't you think?
Needless to say, I eat them no longer. Don't touch pork at all now after reading about trichinosis. Anyone who likes their bacon should avoid reading about that!

James Whitehead said:
Come on, Sean, if you can eat Pork Scratchings, a lil' old
corn plaster ain't gonna hurt you none.

I heard they took the worms out of the tequila because they
were hallucinogenic, allegedly, being bred in the agave plant.

Dim memories stir of Malcolm Lowry type binges under volcanoes
in Wales . . .

Oh dear, I really fancy a tequila now, worm or no-worm. :p

You can still get a bottle with the worm in, but it is called Mescal (or Mezcal). This is a strange slightly peppery tasting spirit, related to Tequila (which is named, vaguely, after the area in which it was originally produced.) You can find it in places such as Oddbins, and it has a reputation of being mildly hallucinogenic. (The urban myth is that the worm contains mescaline.) I have to say that I shared a bottle with a friend, and I finished off by eating the worm. (Not just swallowing it. I gave it a bit of a chew first.) The worm seemed to be quite sweet and juicy, but I didn't notice any obvious hallucinations. We were, however, somewhat inebriated by the time we got to the worm, so I possibly wouldn't have noticed anyway.:cross eye

Apologies in advance...

Hmmm... supping dick. I've heard it's popular in some parts of America.

Question is, though, willy sue, and if so, how schlong is he going to have to wait for a payout? If the courts decide it's not a boner-fide story, is he going to be proper shafted? If I were him, I'd take time out to get organised and consider my options over a stiff drink, etc. etc.

In any way inspired by your new avatar, Mr Bingo?

No, actually. I like it. Really.

:D

Now I feel really sick! Pork Scratchings, ugh!! Hermes, how did you tell the difference between the corn plaster and the atchngs? Ive neve touched those things since a friend and I were celebrating her divorceand I got locked in the ladies and had to be rescued by the landlord with a ladder (to be honest, the pork scratchings had nothing to do with that, it was probably the vast quantities of alcohol I had consumed . . .)

Carole

Well Carole, it was easy. I'd eaten all the scratchings, and it was the last thing in the bag, a perfect ring encrusted with seasoning!

Are you sure it was a corn-plaster?

There are some very Fortean rabbis out there. :cross eye

Tilly Fong! If I were called that I'd change my name before I wen't into journalism. The mind boggles. This smells of an Urban Legend to me but they usually don't get such a long write-up.

Cujo

James Whitehead said:
Are you sure it was a corn-plaster?

There are some very Fortean rabbis out there. :cross eye

lol

Possible, but I don't think so.

In follow-up, I would be interested to hear what other members have - in the way of the unthinkable - nearly eaten, actually eaten, suspected they've eaten?

e.g. I worked with a guy who was sitting in a restaurant when the police burst in, arresting the owners, and took away Alsatian carcases in evidence. Sounds like an UL but I know him well. I asked him if he stayed to finish his curry. "No," he said. "But we didn't pay for it." Should think not.*

So, please, open the doors to those suppressed memories...

PS I can just see the comments coming....

The police had a good lead.
The owners were collared.
And so on....
:rolleyes:

how did it get in through the neck of a bottle i know i couldnt
casio

were you in casualty when i went attatched to a bottle? hehehehe

seriously though if it was a willy how did they get it in the bottle how did they make it fit? thats what i ment
casio

casio said:
seriously though if it was a willy how did they get it in the bottle how did they make it fit? thats what i ment
casio

Well, they can get ships into bottles, can't they?:p
Carole

The trick involves a knowledge of physiology and physics -
(or so they tell me).

What a disappointment! No more dabbling in Commerce for me.

I liked the sentence:

"On Wednesday, Rowe said the pathologist from the coroner's office
didn't do a tissue sample but only an external examination of the
object before identifying it as a penis."

This makes me wonder how many pieces of mould have passed for
penes over the years. In future, be safe, be sure, take a biopsy.
:eek!!!!:

Somebody asked how to get a willy in a bottle.

I imagine you do it on the same principle as getting a boiled egg into a milk bottle... you know the trick where you put lighted matches in first and the vacuum pulls it through...

I obviously don't advise doing this with ones own member, but anothers dimembered member.

If you must do it at all.

Incidentally, even if the neck of the bottle is quite narrow, chopped off willies drained of all blood are pretty tiny.
Trust me- I worked in a hospital.

Ora-Potency new ad slogan: "Have a Cock and a smile"

Posted on Fri, Mar. 05, 2004

Thumb tip discovered in salad

Stark restaurant cited after worker injured

Beacon Journal staff report

A Jackson Township restaurant is reviewing its procedures after the tip of an employee's thumb was found in a customer's salad.

The worker's thumb tip was severed Monday at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, and on Tuesday the thumb tip was discovered in the salad, said Bob Somerak, director of environmental health for Stark County. The thumb tip, including the cuticle and skin, was in a batch of prepared salad that was stored in a cooler overnight, Somerak said.

Duane Chambers, vice president of marketing for the Colorado-based Red Robin restaurant chain, said a health inspection had been completed Wednesday.

``The incident itself is over, and the report indicates that it was an isolated incident,'' Chambers said.

Somerak said the restaurant was cited for serving adulterated food and under a statute called person in charge, which means that no supervisor exercised adequate caution after the injury occurred. The restaurant has been ordered to develop an incident reporting system and implement training for workers and managers and report its results to the Health Department by April 15.

Chambers said the seriousness of the worker's injury led to the problem.

``In their haste in trying to get the team member to the hospital, they cleaned and sanitized the area but didn't get rid of all the food, which was the proper policy,'' Chambers said.

The worker and the person served the tainted salad have visited their physicians, Chambers said.

The restaurant is at 6522 Strip Ave. N.W.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/local/8112160.htm

Thumb in salad

Big Tipper

CANTON, Ohio - Talk about leaving a bad tip at the restaurant.

A 22-year-old woman found the severed tip of a thumb in her lunch salad at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers.

Stark County Health Commissioner Bill Franks said a worker at the restaurant, in the Canton suburb Jackson Township about 70 miles south of Cleveland, was chopping lettuce Monday night when he cut off part of his left thumb, including part of the fingernail.

Employees searched for the fingertip, but could not find it. The area was cleaned and sanitized, but the lettuce was placed in a cooler and then used for salads on Tuesday.

“It wound up being served at lunch time Tuesday to a 22-year-old woman,” Franks said.

She had eaten most of her salad when she put the fingertip in her mouth, Franks said.

She first thought it was a piece of gristle, a health department report said.

Red Robin spokesman Dwayne Chambers said employees, in their haste to get the injured man to a doctor, failed to follow the chain's procedures and throw out all food in the area.

“We clearly had a breakdown,” he said. “We are incredibly sorry about what happened.”

Chambers said he spoke with the woman. “She obviously was pretty upset,” he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/10/national/main536134.shtml

makes a change from waiters thumbs in the soup :D

check please!

To be fair, a thread about a hoax aritcle about McDonalds is not where I'd have expected this story to be posted because it differes from the origional porpose of that thread so I'm not surprised it didn't get spotted emps.

A quick search would have turned it up (I threw "Stark County" in and it brought the right results up).

As concern was expressed about the number of new threads I was creating I have tried to find the most appropruate thread to post things in. I'll see if the admins want to change it to "Nasty things found in food" but the title would have given enough of a hint that it might have been about nasty things fond in food.

Emps

Back