• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Neil Gaiman's American Gods 2017 Trailer

Really not a good day to have Marilyn Manson in your TV show.

Emily Browning naked again. But Lovejoy naked too. Swings and roundabouts.

I'm not totally desperate for this or anything, but does anyone know why there's no new episode this week? Or not on Amazon, anyway?

New Episodes come out on Tuesdays maybe ?

New Episodes come out on Tuesdays maybe ?

No, it even says "NEW EPISODES MONDAYS" on its icon. Something to do with the Superbowl, perhaps? Oh well, it's not as if I don't have anything else to watch...

Hey, it was back today. Some stuff happened in it. I'm losing track.

Caught up on season 3 yesterday,, free Starz weekend...,but as I don't have Starz all the time I fear I will not be seeing more of them.
Anywho...I do like the show.

Wow, some actual plot this week, something important happened. I'm not against transsexual orgies, but they're not my cup of tea so last week's was yet more diversions, but this time felt like they were getting to grips with it again (if you see what I mean). I did guess the serial killer a few weeks ago, mind you. Emily Browning currently the best thing in it, but I did like Lovejoy squaring off against Crispin Glover.

Pretty bored with it and I'm only watching as there is not a lot on at the moment. Meandering episodes where nobody can actually gives a clear and straight answer to anything. Everything seems like padding for the big battle. I'm on episode 2 of the new season.

Pretty bored with it and I'm only watching as there is not a lot on at the moment. Meandering episodes where nobody can actually gives a clear and straight answer to anything. Everything seems like padding for the big battle. I'm on episode 2 of the new season.

I know what you mean - I'm thinking "I should be watching The Terror!" But if you can stick it out to the (almost) end, it has improved. Still not what I'd recommend to most people, though.

Oh well, that was another series. I have a horrible feeling the "trapped in the tree" business was a metaphor for "disappearing up your own arse", mind you.

Oh well, that was another series. I have a horrible feeling the "trapped in the tree" business was a metaphor for "disappearing up your own arse", mind you.

It was the best season - but that's not saying much.

Weeeeell that's it, there is no more, it's been cancelled because it was shedding viewers by the hundreds of thousands. It never really found its groove, although it was edging towards it that last season, but it was all over the place. There might be a TV movie to wrap it up, so I've read, but I'm doubting it. So we end on a fittingly bleak note!

Gaiman is on the latest Desert Island Discs.
I was intrigued to learn that he named his daughter after Holly in Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side, a song so subversive Mary Whitehouse didn't understand it. :cool:

Whitehouse did protest against Hot Gossip's dance routine to it in the Kenny Everett Show. She singled out the 'schoolgirl' character which she saw as sexualising children; missing the point, as most us then did, that the 'sexy schoolgirl' dancer was portraying a possibly transgender sex worker. :chuckle:

Back