• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Claim: Mirror Imaging _Last Supper_ Yields New Figures

now you mention it, it does look rather like peter's restraining the hand... though his own hand is much darker than his face... i still don;t see how the extra hand could be peters though, unless he's a contortionist too:

oddhand.jpg

The kangaroos were Michelangelo's Last Supper, not Leonardo's.

I'm not sure what the value of this is. It's a really high res image of a painting that is deteriorating rapidly.

I find the "digital watermarking" horrible.

Isn't the painting in the public domain yet?

Anome_ said:
The kangaroos were Michelangelo's Last Supper, not Leonardo's.

Whereas Marcos Zapata's Last Supper has a roast guinea pig.

LastSupperwithGuineaPig.jpg

It's in the Cathedral in Cusco, Peru.

I wish I'd taken bets on this when I was on holiday there a while back. I mentioned it to the rest of the group before we went on a tour of the Cathedral and they thought I was joking...

Yeah, I've seen pictures of that on documentaries. Usually as an example of how images of Christ are adapted to the local traditions and appearance.

I originally came across it in a New Scientist article about alternative sources of meat to the usual Western sources of pigs, cows and sheep.

BTW, they don't taste like chicken.

Hello

Does anybody have a link to that reversed version of the painting? None of the links in the original article is working anymore.

Thanks

Aly

Well, I just tried this link from the first page and though it takes a little while to load, it's working OK (also bear in mind it's a flash page, so if you have a flash blocker on your browser you may need to disable it.)

I always wondered about that extra hand holding the knife too.

Maybe El Diablo put in an appearance??? :twisted:

I always thought the last supper was vindaloo and rice. :lol:

I haven't seen this before. I'm afraid to me two of the apostles near Christ appear to have red mohicans. Perhaps they were meant to be punks?

Back