New Darwin Awards

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Oh I know LOTS of stories about that particular job, often heard from first-hand witnesses.

There was this one time...

*pushes plate away*
That job reminds me of the notorious film 'Nekromantic' ... a guy paid to pick up body parts from accidents starts taking them home to spice up his and his girlfriend's sex life .. as you do ..

WARNING .. VERY SICK AND VERY NSFW but it's on Youtube somehow ..

Nemo

Abominable Snowman
Here's a candidate for the award:-

Child seen lying over edge of Trowbridge railway platform

A child was witnessed lying with his head over the edge of a railway station platform prompting an investigation by British Transport Police.

A photo posted online of the incident, which took place in Trowbridge, Wiltshire on Saturday afternoon, has since gone viral on social media.

Tim Brown, who took the photo, said when he challenged the boy's guardian he was told he was a "do-gooder". (c) BBC'18

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
The lead sentence says it was saline solution, which is also a thing in those circles. Extremists are known as Space Hoppers.

Darwin may not be appropriate as this vision of loveliness seems not to have been a likely breeder, even before his misadventure. RIP. :(

One of these sentences was made up. :wide:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
There was some guy who was on a TV documentary, who'd done so much of this stuff to his balls and penis that they permanently swelled up to a larger size than an elephant's 'bits'. There was a point where he became emotional because he had to make the admission that he'd ruined his ability to have sex. He'd made himself completely impotent.
Sad, really.

Edit: I think he'd also made himself unemployable too.

Tribble

Furry Idiot
There was some guy who was on a TV documentary, who'd done so much of this stuff to his balls and penis that they permanently swelled up to a larger size than an elephant's 'bits'. There was a point where he became emotional because he had to make the admission that he'd ruined his ability to have sex. He'd made himself completely impotent.
Sad, really.

Edit: I think he'd also made himself unemployable too.
Micha Stunz? German fellow, used pumps and saline and silicone. Tackle now about 4kg. Any attempt at getting it up is completely lost under the layers of additives.

https://metro.co.uk/2015/04/10/man-with-4-3kg-enlarged-penis-can-no-longer-have-sex-5144113/

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Escapologist feared dead after failing to surface whilst replicating famous Houdini underwater stunt.
Tragic story obviously, but I must admit the bit in the article about him having been almost lynched in 2013 when crowds suspected him of trickery, made me smile. Presumably they believed he had genuine supernatural powers and insisted on seeing "real" magic only.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...hiri-feared-dead-in-houdini-style-river-stunt

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member

RaM

Justified & Ancient
The Chinese have a reputation for eating anything, likely seen as a way of keeping the population down

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I'm not exactly sure why Youtube thinks I might want to see this!

Maybe I do but it's a long time since I searched for a video on the subject of circumcision. This one was posted in the last week and the word is just in the title as a conjecture.

Anyway, you might as well see it too.

Despite the title, "Asian Kid Gets Circumcision By Fire," he looks old enough to know better. He would have got off lightly, if any of his tackle was left after this inferno. :omg: