• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Jersey UFO Detector Dismantled!

Basic story, New Jersey Police take away a UFO detector erected in a park, to better allow the invaders to attack, or perhaps because leaving junk around in parks is not cool:
News story

Whether you think the cops are in on this, I couldn't possibly comment.
over-were-doomed-meme-fd3c414e5e91541f-d7960db88e967bf0.jpg

For the record, here's a photo of the 'UFO Detector'
Well, that's totally-underwhelming. Two or three pieces of wood (possibly pine planking), a few cross-head screws, an ineffectual lick of silver paint, a tin-can base as a phone handset transducer, a black patchlead, and what looks like either a carbon-fibre tent-splint with an elastic cord as an 'antenna' or possibly a recycled orienteering marker.

Whilst this might be mistaken by the untrained eye as perhaps being a boobytrap or improvised munition (which on a double-bluff basis anything theoretically could be) I'd prefer any simulated technologies claiming to be a UFO detector to be a lot more realistic than this overnight school homework project effort. 1 out of 10.

EDIT
Ah, wait!! Yes! ET! 'Phone Home'.....Speak&Spell plus junk-tech beacon equals a lift home from Mum! All makes sense now......

Last edited:
Did you have the right block of wood and soup can to plug it into?
I would put it on top of my shed, that could double, triple, or even more so its effectiveness! (Mathematically...)
However, I would want to examine it carefully to ensure it brings the right kind of aliens, not the people-eating or orifice-probing kind.

Erm . . . did it fail to detect any UFO's that were seen in the area? Then I think it's premature to dismiss this as a shite UFO detector until results from controlled testing are in.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what a real UFO detector looks like, kosher or otherwise.

UFO bumps into lever and it clicks one off? :p
I swear I saw that thing on the back of a comic book..

Back