• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Movie Trailers

Fortis said:
Also, is it just me, or does it look like very much like Spy Kids with big aircraft and spacecraft?

nope its just not you.

and gerry allowed hollywood to make this crap? :eek!!!!:

so whats next on the list to be butchered?

capt scarlet?, joe 90?, fireball xl5?, stingray? or how bout muffin the mule?

i could go on but i stop now :gaga:

melf said:
nope its just not you.

and gerry allowed hollywood to make this crap? :eek!!!!:
Apparently not. He only gets a credit for the TV series, and no other indication of involvement. I think it's another "We have the rights, we better make the film before they revert" incident.

Gerry is apparently more interested in doing CGI puppetry, and I believe wants to do a Captain Scarlet movie that way. He was also talking about doing Thunderbirds after that, but he didn't have the movie rights at the time.

Now, it presumably won't be possible for a few years at least.

melf said:
or how bout muffin the mule?
Good lord! There may be a lot of things seen today in mainstream films, than were shown when "I was a lad", but even so, I think that would be going too far. ;) :)

so is anyone going to see thunderbirds then?

cos i wont be

Mancurian Candidate... doesn't really look like the book. But it might be good.

http:/entertainment.msn.com/movies/aspx?m=547068

It will never live up to my expectations based on the original.

Both Sinatra's and Lansbury's finest performances in my humble opinion.

I've never seen the original. I have only read the book. But I would bet it would be hard to beat. I bet they will show it on TCM now that it has been remade, maybe I can catch it.

You ought to be able to rent it on video. (It disappeared sometime after Bobby Kennedy got assassinated, but underwent a revival about 10 years ago.) Well worth it if you can find it.

I like the way the director (or in this case most likely the studio) decided to show fear in the trailer by showing a rapid motage of screaming faces, amid which they cut to a screaming monkey.

made me laugh.

It's trailers like this that probably have smokers thinking "well, there's £5.50 I just saved" by not going to see the film;)

Just noticed that Upcoming Horror Films has a page devoted to trailers:

Upcoming Horror Films

Has some neat films like ROMASANTA: THE WEREWOLF HUNT, SAINT ANGE, SATAN'S LITTLE HELPER, and THE GATHERING with Christina Ricci....

StellaBoulton said:
How on earth can she fight properly in those shoes?
:confused:
I, for one, don't care.

If you get my meaning.

anome said:
I, for one, don't care.

If you get my meaning.

Even if she can't fight in those shoes they have so many other practical applications during other, ahem, activities...

Mr. R.I.N.G. said:

Oh wow! Gimme, gimme, gimme......:D

Halle Berry as Catwoman is an abomination, sir. :D

And seriously, how do you get into a costume like that? You'd take forever, what with sticking arms, legs and other appendages into the wrong holes. By the time you were ready to rumble, you'd be hot, flustered, premenstrual and late.

Helen said:
Mr. R.I.N.G. said:

Oh wow! Gimme, gimme, gimme......:D

Count me in - thats got my bum on a seat.

Helen said:
Halle Berry as Catwoman is an abomination, sir. :D

And seriously, how do you get into a costume like that? You'd take forever, what with sticking arms, legs and other appendages into the wrong holes. By the time you were ready to rumble, you'd be hot, flustered, premenstrual and late.

That does look dreadful and yet there is soemthing about the film that I can't quite put my finger on..........

Emps

Emperor said:
That does look dreadful and yet there is soemthing about the film that I can't quite put my finger on..........

Emps
At least not unless she lifts the restraining order.

Back