• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Orleans Vampires?

gerhard1

Abominable Snowman
The first time I heard of the Carter Brothers was on the youtube channel BedTime Stories. BTS is usually pretty good in presenting opposing points of view, but in their segment on American vampires they seem to have missed the boat a bit.

Fortunately, this was easy to check out because of the existence of a database of executions in the US from colonial times to the present. I saw no mention of the brothers Carter in this database.

The first time I heard of the Carter Brothers was on the youtube channel BedTime Stories. BTS is usually pretty good in presenting opposing points of view, but in their segment on American vampires they seem to have missed the boat a bit.

Fortunately, this was easy to check out because of the existence of a database of executions in the US from colonial times to the present. I saw no mention of the brothers Carter in this database.
Do people really believe there are actual vampires in the world? It seems some do. Scary.

Do people really believe there are actual vampires in the world? It seems some do. Scary.
I believe in people who believe they are vampires, but not in actual vampires who can mope around in the dark for centuries because they drink other people's blood.

I believe in people who believe they are vampires, but not in actual vampires who can mope around in the dark for centuries because they drink other people's blood.

Yup, there are people who pretend to believe they are vampires. They know they're not though.
It's probably Anne Rice's fault.

There is a really funny episode of South Park involving goths, vampires, and of course clueless adults. I think it was called "Burn Down Hot Topic" or something like that. I'd go fish out a link, but I'd no doubt fall in and be late for work.

Yup, there are people who pretend to believe they are vampires. They know they're not though.
It's probably Anne Rice's fault.

The trouble is, some actually believe they are because they drink blood (from self-harmers). Saw them on a documentary once. It was a pathetic sight to watch a middle aged man suck from some poor, deluded young woman.

Back