• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New paranormal tech: The Trisaksri Ghost Repellent Machine

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Ghost Repellent: New Device Allegedly Blasts Unwanted Paranormal Entities Out of Your Home
By Greg Newkirk on 12/12/2016@nuekerk
ghost-repellent.jpg

There’s no shortage of fascinating ghost hunting technology on the market today. Whether you’re looking to see invisible spirits, hear their voices, or even communicate with them, there’s a good chance that some mad scientist out there has a gadget that claims to do just that. But for those who are less interested in communicating with spirits as much as banishing them, they’re usually stuck doing things the old fashioned way with holy water or sage.

Well, the days of relying on a biological exorcist are over. A new device claims it will blast the phantoms from your home with “Wave Killer” technology.

The Thai company Super Boondee has released a brand new version of the Trisaksri Ghost Repellent, a device with a design straight out of Ghostbusters, which the company claims will rid your residence of unwanted spirits thanks to its specially-designed circuitry.

tri04.jpg

So how does it work? Well, when you’re ready to clear your home of negative entities, you simply flip the switch on the Ghost Repellent box, which activates a low-level electromagnetic field, condenser microphone, and infrared camera that work in unison to detect paranormal activity. Super Boondee calls this the “phenomenon receptor”. When the machine detects an anomaly, it automatically fires off a “Wave Killer” radio blast that they claim is enough to force the nasty phantom to abandon its chosen haunt. Much like those sonic-rodent repellents, the box will simply continue to drive off ghosts no matter how many times they attempt to return.

Even more text and photos at: http://weekinweird.com/2016/12/12/ghost-repellent-device-exorcises-unwanted-paranormal-entities/

Ghost Repellent: New Device Allegedly Blasts Unwanted Paranormal Entities Out of Your Home

This is just a $2000 (inc import duty) / 440W fire hazard.

Anyone that buys this (in any sense) would buy anything.

I'm not even going to begin trashing it, technically, because the list of design/build flaws would be massive.

... When the machine detects an anomaly, it automatically fires off a “Wave Killer” radio blast that they claim is enough to force the nasty phantom to abandon its chosen haunt. ...

I can't help wondering which is worse - coping with your fear of possible ghosts or explaining the device to the cops who've finally located the source for all the radio-frequency interference bedeviling your neighbors. :evil:

This is just a $2000 (inc import duty) / 440W fire hazard.

Anyone that buys this (in any sense) would buy anything.

I'm not even going to begin trashing it, technically, because the list of design/build flaws would be massive.
^this^

Magic beans make me fart a lot, so I'll give that a miss.

$2000 and it looks like that?
I appreciate the little row of glowy LEDs though, but yep, really, this could've benefited from some black-and-yellow warning stripes, some conspicuously huge-looking rivets maybe and maybe a nice mystical-esque shape like a pyramid or dodecahedron... rather than just a boring box.

If you can make a machine that repels ghosts, then you can surely just tweak the settings to reverse and attract ghosts.

I appreciate the little row of glowy LEDs though, but yep, really, this could've benefited from some black-and-yellow warning stripes, some conspicuously huge-looking rivets maybe and maybe a nice mystical-esque shape like a pyramid or dodecahedron... rather than just a boring box.
And a built in spirit level.

At least they could have made a better box.

Back