• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Study: Hitler Jawbone / Dentition Confirm He Died in 1945

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I doubt the ongoing debate over Hitler's fate will stop, but this is a rare example of rational attempts to ascertain what happened. This new study by a French team, ostensibly given access to a surviving jawbone, seems substantive if not conclusive.

Adolf Hitler really is dead: scientific study debunks conspiracy theories that he escaped to South America
A peer-reviewed study in an academic journal has proved what you might have assumed you already knew: Adolf Hitler is dead and has been since he killed himself in his bunker in April 1945.

That scientists are devoting serious attention to proving this more than 70 years after the event may initially seem bizarre.

But almost from the moment the Führer died, a cottage industry of conspiracy theories sprang up to say he was still alive.

Hitler has been “spotted” emerging from a German U-boat in Argentina with Eva Braun in 1945, surrounded by adoring fugitive Nazis in 1950s Columbia, and approaching the end of his days in the 1980s as a happy nonagenarian with a younger Brazilian girlfriend.

Now, though, French scientists have been allowed to examine a jawbone that has been jealously guarded in the archives of the Russian secret service since the 1940s.

The analysis published in the peer-reviewed European Journal of Internal Medicine suggests that in this instance the Russians were telling the truth: Hitler killed himself, SS soldiers burnt his body, Soviet troops found the charred remains, and the jawbone ended up in Moscow.

The snappily entitled study – The remains of Adolf Hitler: A biomedical analysis and definitive identification – recounts how the French researchers were allowed access to the jawbone in the archives of Russia’s FSB – the successor to the KGB– in March and July 2017.

The lead author of the research, Professor Philippe Charlier, told a French documentary that it had been possible to compare the jawbone held by the Russians to Hitler’s dental records, thus allowing the Führer to be identified by his false teeth. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.yahoo.com/news/adolf-hitler-really-dead-scientific-153647102.html

ABSTRACT FOR THE CITED PAPER: https://www.ejinme.com/article/S0953-6205(18)30191-2/abstract

swagif.gif

I've never understood this conviction that Hitler survived WW2 and fled via rat lines to some South American paradise.

The last film of him shows a man considerably aged by a vast cocktail of drugs, Parkinsons and stress. He'd been likely psychotic as well and contributed significantly to the decline of German fortunes via his own intransigence.

The complete collapse and surrender of Germany in such a short space of time following Hitler's death speaks volumes to just how tired Germany was of the whole conflict and the Nazi movement which by the was essentially a death cult.

The only only evidence that Hitler made it over There are some very flimsy eye witness accounts and probable Soviet disinformation.

Would Hitler really have been in any shape to reforge the Nazi movement as a 4th Reich in 1945?

I can't understand a 'conviction' that her survived. But Hitler became more than a man in the public consciousness, more than Nazism and more that Germany--with the help of Allied propaganda, it must sometimes have seemed that we were fighting one man. It's easy to be suspicious and hard to swallow when he suddenly vanishes from the scene in less that crystal circumstances, leaving a vortex of chaos behind him. Consider for a moment, the death of Osama Bin Laden as a repetition of the template: a bogeyman who came to be viewed as alien evil incarnate. The first details of his death are hazy and, at times, contradictory--those involved bicker over the details and the witnesses who will talk are suspect. Then the body is spirited away from the scene of death and those who saw what happened dare not speak to confirm or deny. The result: conspiracy theories.

I am no expert, but I have read a little on the mood of Germany in the dying days of the Third Reich and in Nazi-occupied nations on liberation: it was chaos. Rumours swirled, reprisals were being exacted, wealth was disappearing, records were being destroyed and nobody believed anything for certain unless they had seen it with their own eyes. The Nazi occupation/rule had been brutal, but it was stable, orderly and predictable; now all semblance of order was crumbling overnight and what media were functioning produced only news that was out of date by the time it came out.

In such circumstances, two he suspicions could essily gerninate: a) that a force like Hitler could not be truly snuffed out overnight, b) that a man with that much power (remember they didn't know all we know now of his irrationality and drug use) must have a secret tunnel built. False news had already been spread about a final redoubt in the mountains to dispirit the Allies, and it isn't much of leap to imagine Hitler with a personal bolt-hole beyond that.

Most of the post-war evidence is, basically, rubbish, and when we trace the rumours back to source we must be aware of the environment in which the were produced.

Further debate over the distinguishing features of fascism Vs communism will be moved elsewhere.

Possibly the place where used tissues the three-week-old apple core and the most recent pages of the 'Venezuela Next' thread should reside.

Might I recommend?
http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php

Edit: Hitler: Left or Right Wing? Moved to WW2 Thread. This thread moved to CONSPIRACY.

Last edited:
Back