• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Tarot Deck Focusing On Spirituality And Masculinity

zarathustraspake

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A friend of mine has just struck a publishing deal for a tarot deck she's been designing.

The deck is called the God Tarot - godtarot.com - and is designed to explore the masculine aspects of divinity from a neo-pagan viewpoint.

There's a bit of irony there, if you think about it. Historically (within European culture at least) one has tended to think of God or whatever you want to call it as being a He. Big manly God, and all that. But within neo-paganism there's so much emphasis on the feminine side of spirituality - Goddess this, Goddess that...peeking through a tarot website I can see there's a Goddess Tarot, a Goddess Guidance Oracle, a Triple Goddess Tarot, a Motherpeace (Motherpeace????) Tarot - that there was actually a gap in the market for a tarot deck about maleness.

Another slight irony - as I say, the tarot deck is about masculinity, and was designed by a woman and a gay man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they should be experts! :lol:

Back