• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New: The Birmingham Poltergeist—Lee Brickley Is Back

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient
New book from Mr Brickley:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TR5L4YD?linkCode=gg2&tag=theanomalist

“One of the most violent and intense manifestations of paranormal activity witnessed in the UK for decades, the Birmingham Poltergeist case occured during a single week in 2021 when real-life Ghostbuster and celebrity supernatural expert Lee Brickley began to investigate strange goings-on at a modest family home in Gravelly Hill, Erdington. From the moment Brickley arrived at the property, it was clear something was very, very wrong, and the seasoned ghost hunter knew he had to act fast. This book contains an entire eyewitness account of the terrifying events that would soon unravel.

From knives and cutlery flying around the kitchen to a scary-looking old photograph that just couldn't be destroyed, the family involved in this haunting were subjected to unimaginable levels of torment and cruelty at the hands of the otherworldly entities invading their lives. A mother and father with two young daughters who, through no fault of their own, became embroiled in a battle for their very souls against a malevolent killer from beyond the grave”

Anyone read it yet…?

New book from Mr Brickley:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TR5L4YD?linkCode=gg2&tag=theanomalist

“One of the most violent and intense manifestations of paranormal activity witnessed in the UK for decades, the Birmingham Poltergeist case occured during a single week in 2021 when real-life Ghostbuster and celebrity supernatural expert Lee Brickley began to investigate strange goings-on at a modest family home in Gravelly Hill, Erdington. From the moment Brickley arrived at the property, it was clear something was very, very wrong, and the seasoned ghost hunter knew he had to act fast. This book contains an entire eyewitness account of the terrifying events that would soon unravel.

From knives and cutlery flying around the kitchen to a scary-looking old photograph that just couldn't be destroyed, the family involved in this haunting were subjected to unimaginable levels of torment and cruelty at the hands of the otherworldly entities invading their lives. A mother and father with two young daughters who, through no fault of their own, became embroiled in a battle for their very souls against a malevolent killer from beyond the grave”

Anyone read it yet…?
I think I'll steer clear of that one. Reading one book by Lee Brickley was one too many, and I normally devour books about poltergeists.

I think I'll steer clear of that one. Reading one book by Lee Brickley was one too many, and I normally devour books about poltergeists.
I wonder if Mr Brickley had any prior connection to this house in Gravelly Hill…?

Here is a YouTube promotion for his book with suitably creepy music:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh look, 192.com found two members of the Brickley clan in Erdington, BR23 and the location of Gravelly Road.poltergeist:

I'm sure it's entirely coincidental that Gravelly Hill, site of this apparent poltergeist activity, is also the location of one of the busiest bits of motorway in the UK!

The official name of the well-known Spaghetti Junction is the Gravelly Hill Interchange.

Oh, and in case anyone wants to cross-reference those postcodes, Erdington is in B23, not BR23 (which would be Bromley).

I'm sure it's entirely coincidental that Gravelly Hill, site of this apparent poltergeist activity, is also the location of one of the busiest bits of motorway in the UK!

The official name of the well-known Spaghetti Junction is the Gravelly Hill Interchange.

Oh, and in case anyone wants to cross-reference those postcodes, Erdington is in B23, not BR23 (which would be Bromley).
Thanks for the correction and that fascinating insight into the delightful environs of Erdington.

Have to say it was nice of that poltergeist to show up for just a week; long enough for Mr Brickley to get the material he needed for his book. but long gone before anyone else could check up his claims. Also the idea of the family buying an old picture frame and finding a possessed picture hidden inside is a bit, well, B movie Hollywood stuff destined for the £0.99p rentals.

But perhaps some poltergeist activity did take place?. My concerns are two-fold:
  1. There may have been some degree of genuine poltergeist activity that were seized upon by Brickley in his unending quest for worldwide fame and respect
  2. The tabloids get a hold of this case and it becomes the new Enfield without any of the strengths of the Enfield case and quite possibly all of the weaknesses and more.

*bump* (like a poltergeis)

The guys at Mysterious Universe have just covered this book from Lee Brickley on the subscription section of the show. To my shame I’m not currently a subscriber as I fear I wouldn’t get any work done. Has anyone listened to it…? In the into the hosts discussed how it ticks every poltergeist cliche in the book, with even the poor victim‘s “head spinning“ in true Hollywood style All for just one week to give Mr Brickley his scoop and prevent anyone else having a look in…. Or am I being overly cynical…?

*bump* (like a poltergeis)

The guys at Mysterious Universe have just covered this book from Lee Brickley on the subscription section of the show. To my shame I’m not currently a subscriber as I fear I wouldn’t get any work done. Has anyone listened to it…? In the into the hosts discussed how it ticks every poltergeist cliche in the book, with even the poor victim‘s “head spinning“ in true Hollywood style All for just one week to give Mr Brickley his scoop and prevent anyone else having a look in…. Or am I being overly cynical…?

Funnily enough, I'm currently watching 60 Unsolved Mysteries That Cannot Be Explained Compilation*. "Cannock Chase/BEC/Lee Brickley"...starts at 1:35:06 and ends at 1:38:54.

*The video in question, was uploaded to youtube on the 1st of this month (June 2022).

Back