• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Zealand Hitchhiking Cheat

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I read in the paper the other day about a New Zealand man in his 60s who claimed to have run the length of New Zealand in record time, only he had now admitted he hitchhiked most of the way. Squirreled that away as good for the Hoaxes thread. Went to look for the story online tonight. The world's most popular search engine, Google, has no idea about any of it in any variation I try. Anyone find it for me?

I read in the paper the other day about a New Zealand man in his 60s who claimed to have run the length of New Zealand in record time, only he had now admitted he hitchhiked most of the way. Squirreled that away as good for the Hoaxes thread. Went to look for the story online tonight. The world's most popular search engine, Google, has no idea about any of it in any variation I try. Anyone find it for me?
This guy?
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12153365

A thousand thanks! But reading that account, it sounds like he wasn't a deliberate cheat, just misguided.

Back