• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Newsham park orphanage/mental hospital Liverpool

titch

Justified & Ancient
newsham park main corridor.jpg
newsham park minstrels gallery.jpg
newsham park room.jpg
newsham park scary toliet.jpg
newsham park.jpg
newshampark naughty boy cell.jpg
newsham park orbs!.jpg

some pictures of my recent ghost hunt at newsham park orphanage/ mental hospital, the first photo is of the main corridor, then its the "minstrels gallery" ,a photo of a room i took to avoid being asked to do the ouija board, the toilet (by far the scariest thing all night) an outside view of the building, a photo taken without flash in the naughty boys corridor, i was in one of the cells for about 30 mins, and finally ORBS!! YEEE!!

That loo looks...regularly used - fresh looking loo roll, etc...

Why is one picture just black?

Thats a photo i took in a room, in the"naughty boys corridor", i took it without a flash because i had a cunning plan that if i showed sexy women i was in haunted room, in a haunted mental hospital in the pitch black, they would be so impressed they would rip my clothes off with their teeth and do naughty things to me.

Has that plan worked yet?
Let me know if it does, because I may try it myself.

With both of yours luck, those women would turn out to be Maenads.;)

Titch, why not run the black pic through a photo editor, mess around with the brightness/contrast and see what shows up? Of course, if it turns out there's the image of a lurking demon in the room, everyone will dismiss it because it's been edited, but, hey, they'll do that regardless. ;) The results might be interesting.

I'm not sure how it'll work as a mating strategy, though.

Titch, why not run the black pic through a photo editor, mess around with the brightness/contrast and see what shows up? Of course, if it turns out there's the image of a lurking demon in the room, everyone will dismiss it because it's been edited, but, hey, they'll do that regardless. ;) The results might be interesting.

I'm not sure how it'll work as a mating strategy, though.

Actually, I did that. Nothing there apart from a bit of random lighter patches that have no defined shape.

Nice set, thank you. There's a bit of an odd effect in the last shot: the darkness at the rear of the photo seems to continue further into the foreground than I might have expected. It seems to prolong the arc of the arches past where they meet the floor, but not consistently. My immediate impression was of a round - shouldered torso and arms. I don't claim it's anything more than an optical illusion (not helped by the fact that I had to look quite hard to figure out which arch was which), but still quite intriguing.

Now you mention it, I see it too.

Nice set, thank you. There's a bit of an odd effect in the last shot: the darkness at the rear of the photo seems to continue further into the foreground than I might have expected. It seems to prolong the arc of the arches past where they meet the floor, but not consistently. My immediate impression was of a round - shouldered torso and arms. I don't claim it's anything more than an optical illusion (not helped by the fact that I had to look quite hard to figure out which arch was which), but still quite intriguing.
i cant see anything!

Could be reflections on the floor, but they seem a bit inconsistent. Was the floor particularly shiny, Titch?

I wasn't paying much attention to the floors, but the whole building is in a state of disrepair,grubby and down at heel with very little shining anywhere.

Actually, I did that. Nothing there apart from a bit of random lighter patches that have no defined shape.

Ah, too bad. Looks like Titch will have to go the boring route of just asking women out for a cup of coffee. :p

But I do see that odd faint shape in the last photo - to me it looks like ghostly hands being waved about in front of the camera. (Not very scientific, I know, but I'm a romantic like that.)

There was pools of water on the floor so that would be shiney when caught in the flash.

I had already posted the last pic on my FB page but it got no interest at all, the lovely toilet was the only picture that attracted any comment, but i reposted it last night asking if anybody could see anything strange, 2 people said they could, i still can not see anything even when its pointed out to me!

I intend to go back, probably during the summer, as liverpool in december reminds me of glasgow too much.

Back