Newspaper Articles Regarding Charles Fort

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Can't view the newspaper articles without a subscription.
As I have the option to share an article link, this is unexpected and I have asked for clarification.

The free trial is maybe worth considering?

It's a fabulous resource.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that page; it downloaded for me without any problem. I love to see articles in their contemporary setting and that page contains riches galore, including odd facts as fillers and a startlingly grim and emotive account of euthanasia in Paris! :oops:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that page; it downloaded for me without any problem. I love to see articles in their contemporary setting and that page contains riches galore, including odd facts as fillers and a startlingly grim and emotive account of euthanasia in Paris! :oops:
As this seems a solution and (in esponse to an enquiry), I have received these instructions directly from newspapers.com - no copyright issues - maybe alright to highlight some further related, formative insights?

Presumably, most will be revealed for the first time in aeons.

Absolutely agree with publishing any article in the conext of its time and this actually helps here.

If I upload the full page containing a relevant article, it's easier than trying to select and isolate content which often isn't continuous and last part jumps to the end of another column, etc.

Another fascinating discovery, is a contemporary, 1920 review of, 'The Book of the Damned'.

Attachments

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Was Ben Hecht the first Fortean?

"Henceforth, I am a Fortean I believe".

This is an advert from the New York Herald, 15 February, 1920 (52k 600x522):

Screenshot_20200611_230530_resize_29.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Brilliant work, thanks for sharing all these!
Indubitably welcome, it's a wonderful perspective and the least I could contribute here in return. :)

It's the genesis of why we are all here in the first place!

Plus, I now get to use 'indubitably' and can score that of my, 'bucket list'.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Great stuff! Wonderful to see it sandwiched between Farm Management and Western novels, while much of the page is given over to volumes debating the so-recent Great War! :)
I have empaty with this - tending to spend as much time reading other fascinating articles, on the same page!