Nice Little Urner

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_751679.html

_Ananova:_ Woman uses mother's ashes to win jackpot
A woman has won a £102,000 bingo jackpot after taking her mother's ashes to the game.
Joanne Stephens went to a Valentine's Day concert at the Gala Bingo Club, Plymouth, along with a pot containing the ashes.
After hearing a tribute band play her late-mother's favourite Abba songs, Miss Stephens played the winning game of bingo with the ashes beside her.
The 37-year-old from Plymouth, said her £102,560 win marked the end of a string of bad luck.
She said: "I had a brain aneurysm a few months ago and nearly died. Then my granddad died on Christmas Eve, followed by my mother on January 15."
Miss Stephens said the windfall would save her family from homelessness. The house she shares with partner Shaun and their joint family of eight had been threatened with re-possession by next month.
She said: "I can pay for mother's funeral now and we can pay off the mortgage."
Story filed: 16:11 Monday 17th February 2003

mejane

Justified & Ancient
Nothing odd about that. Everyone takes their mother's ashes to Bingo. Don't they? :confused:

Isn't it a bit late for a funeral though?

Jane.

mejane

Justified & Ancient
Ah, the ashes were starting to smell a bit and needed a quick internment... it's so obvious when you think about it ;)

Erm, still not entirely sure how late Mum picked the winning numbers...

Jane (forever bewildered)

A

Anonymous

Caroline said:
Its obvious. Her ghost went into the machine and stuck the right balls up the tube thingy.
happens all the time that, sticking the right balls up the...

Oh wait, wrong forum.:blush:

Bstephens

Fresh Blood
Tell you what weather these comments was years ago or not, they way some of you have said shit has really pissed me off!! Yes ok luck is a strike etc yes my mum took my grandmas ashes the night because of ABBA cuz she knew in her heart her mother enjoyed ABBA even as her son my mother and myself never had the thought that she would win what she did but she did and I tell you what it was the best the that happened to us !!! My mother has passed away now and she done nothing but care for her kids and I’m glad she won that money as it go her out a lot of debt it payed for her mother funeral and it gave us her kids a good Christmas a nice holidays and it got her on the straight and narrow with debt so before any cunt judges her (my mum) or our family I’m guna sit and tell you we’re just a normal bunch just like anyone else and she done so so much for her kids when she had nothing and her winning the money she did never change her she paid what she owed give her kids a holiday and an amazing Christmas and that was it !!! Yeah Es I’m her son an I’ll always stick up for for my family especially my mum and yes I’ve only just seen this and now I’m a man and my mums passed it disappoints me that people can be like this !!! Glad I’ve said why I’ve needed to as it’s clear that people was clearly jealous of what she done and what she won regardless if she took my grandmas ashes or not she would of still won that money and she would of still put her priorities and her kids first and if anyone thinks that’s wrong then your the ones who need to have a think and a word with yourselves!!! Love you mum always will r.i.p beautiful Joanne Stephens ❤️❤️❤️❤️