• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

The holes were dug into the side wall and the shaft went vertically downwards.

The noises were recorded mostly in the left hand shaft.

If you take the position of the hole in the wall, measure the position from the hole
to the basement floor, the hose that I inserted into the bottom of the hole would have been
underneath the floor of the basement.

I have just posted a video showing the alleyway

https://altaricapublishing.co.uk/videos/alleyway.mp4

Best regards

Alan

The noises can not be heard inside the house with the human ear, nor was our life being regularly disturbed by "extraneous noise".

These noises were only discovered when the recorders were used, bar the noises we heard on the first night and recorded on the phone.

The noises of the motorbikes and screaming was only hear after the recordings were listened to.

Best regards

Alan
Well that is just bizarre. Honestly, I'm not really surprised the police didn't want to get involved - they could sit there and hear nothing themselves. If you then let them listen to a recording that has screaming on it and told them it was recorded as they were sitting there, I mean....How can someone process that information? It seems supernatural to me - the recorder is picking up something that should not be there!
Freaky stuff, I love it (as long as it's not happening to me)!

Here is a (old) 3 minute video, it shows inside the basement and the holes that I dug into the wall

https://altaricapublishing.co.uk/videos/Where the microphones were.mp4

Best regards

Alan
Could it be possible that the noises are travelling along the pipes? If so, they could probably travel quite a distance. Unless you can find someone called Gareth, for example, living or working nearby, I don't know how you could figure out where the noises are coming from. If the pipework is connected to the outside, or drains, or sewers, or anything like that, you could potentially be picking up all sorts.

Well that is just bizarre. Honestly, I'm not really surprised the police didn't want to get involved - they could sit there and hear nothing themselves. If you then let them listen to a recording that has screaming on it and told them it was recorded as they were sitting there, I mean....How can someone process that information? It seems supernatural to me - the recorder is picking up something that should not be there!
Freaky stuff, I love it (as long as it's not happening to me)!

Yes its bizarre, but how do you account for the policeman faking the document?

Perhaps if you could provide an example of a supernatural event with events like these?

I think that although a lot of people would prefer it to be supernatural, it is actually criminality.

When gunshots can be recorded with screaming in between the shots and the weapon confirmed
by someone who was trained in that field, I think it speaks volumes.

The fact that two serious criminal events were connected to two of the shops in front of my former
house would also seem to be an indicator.

But at the end of the day, people believe want they want (or need) to

Best regards

Alan

Could it be possible that the noises are travelling along the pipes? If so, they could probably travel quite a distance. Unless you can find someone called Gareth, for example, living or working nearby, I don't know how you could figure out where the noises are coming from. If the pipework is connected to the outside, or drains, or sewers, or anything like that, you could potentially be picking up all sorts.

We tested all the pipes and the like (its detailed in a previous post).

The only Gareth that I know of nearby, would be the owner of the shop known as Sophia Nails.

He was asked for his point of view on that recording and other recordings.

He was going to appear on a podcast, I was interested to hear what he had to say, I posted all the
recordings that had seemed to have the name Gareth in them on YouTube so we could get his
opinion on them.

Then he changed his mind and choose not to appear on the podcast.

Part of a telephone call between me and Gareth is in the new documentary.

Best regards

Alan

Thank for clarifying the holes - initially from removed bricks in the wall (at waist level?) but then progressed downwards vertically.

OK - I have taken the liberty to annotate your plans. These were drawn by a qualified surveyor in 1972 so I think we can assume they are reasonably accurate. I think the two basements are aligned correctly as shown - the shop basement seems to have a staircase top left, which aligns with what I take to be a 'hatch to basement' in the shop floor, proving it is in the correct position Thus the two basements are completely separate, and separated by a large distance, which one presumes to be earth. Notice the shop basement has a delivery chute from the alleyway on the right hand side. The main alleyway ends in a stair down to the basement level and continues up the side of the 'derelict building'.

Things are now a lot clearer.

Could anyone entering the alleyway from the street access the 'derelict building'?

Attachments

• ammanford plans-1.png
    ammanford plans-1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Thank for clarifying the holes - initially from removed bricks in the wall (at waist level?) but then progressed downwards vertically.

OK - I have taken the liberty to annotate your plans. These were drawn by a qualified surveyor in 1972 so I think we can assume they are reasonably accurate. I think the two basements are aligned correctly as shown - the shop basement seems to have a staircase top left, which aligns with what I take to be a 'hatch to basement' in the shop floor, proving it is in the correct position Thus the two basements are completely separate, and separated by a large distance, which one presumes to be earth. Notice the shop basement has a delivery chute from the alleyway on the right hand side. The main alleyway ends in a stair down to the basement level and continues up the side of the 'derelict building'.

Things are now a lot clearer.

Could anyone entering the alleyway from the street access the 'derelict building'?

The shop basement does have a delivery chute with metal bars across it. The metal bars are old and rusty, one had broken and we covered the hatch over with a piece of heavy plywood.

It is possible to walk down the alleyway to the rear building, we did have a door protecting the alleyway but our next door neighbours managed to get a court order that forced us to remove the front door.

On one occasion we found someone in that area.

Best regards

Alan

I think the previously mentioned Raudive (EVP) recording theory may be of some merit. I believe on one of your videos it was said that some recordings were not discernable to the ear and were only picked up on the recording devices?

Hi

All of the noises recorded were only heard after they were recorded, none of the noises were heard by the human ear.

The EVP theory was one I had previously considered, as have others, but because of the strong evidence of criminality,
it would seem discounted.

Best regards

Alan

While I appreciate your concerns regarding possible criminal activity, surely some of those sounds would have been heard by ear if they were within audible frequencies? Maybe a supernatural explanation is possible. I'm sceptical of this of course, but this is the Fortean forum so shouldn't be discounted out of hand.

Alan: good to have you back.

The phrase `I think you should blow your nose mate` is, I suspect, a reference to your rather nasal vocal delivery. I suppose this is just a question of you having a certain West country (?) accent - and it was churlish of that person to mention it.

You are placing far too much weight and importance on individual posters statements and attitudes - as demonstrated in that You Tubne post above. The interwebz is full to the brim with creeps with too much time on their hands. Learn to ignore them!

Agreed, but if you take into account the policeman faked that document (there are others too) perhaps it could be the case that the matter is being covered up?
I think you may be neglecting the law (the name of which I can't remember) which states 'Never attribute to malice that which may be attributed to stupidity or laziness.'

Alan: good to have you back.

The phrase `I think you should blow your nose mate` is, I suspect, a reference to your rather nasal vocal delivery. I suppose this is just a question of you having a certain West country (?) accent - and it was churlish of that person to mention it.

You are placing far too much weight and importance on individual posters statements and attitudes - as demonstrated in that You Tubne post above. The interwebz is full to the brim with creeps with too much time on their hands. Learn to ignore them!
Hi Zeke

I agree with what you are saying from your point of view, but you have not lived through what I have.

I accept that the internet is full of trolls and the like, if it was churlish as you suggest, why did the person take their comment down after I contacted them? After all, they made several comments and only took that one down.

West Country? Pretty close, I was born a Geordie (believe it or not) but Dad was in the forces and we moved around a lot, I lived around
ten years in and around the West Country.

I think these two put a better spin on events:

https://thealtarican.co.uk/documents/alteredstormreport.pdf

And

Would you want the guy driving in the streets around your house?

Best regards

Alan

While I appreciate your concerns regarding possible criminal activity, surely some of those sounds would have been heard by ear if they were within audible frequencies? Maybe a supernatural explanation is possible. I'm sceptical of this of course, but this is the Fortean forum so shouldn't be discounted out of hand.
I did not discount the theory, I just tried proving it wrong.

I think we largely successful

Hi

All of the noises recorded were only heard after they were recorded, none of the noises were heard by the human ear.

The EVP theory was one I had previously considered, as have others, but because of the strong evidence of criminality,
it would seem discounted.

Best regards

Alan

I don't really understand what you want from all of this. Why would the police investigate noises THAT NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY HEAR IN REAL LIFE?

I don't really understand what you want from all of this. Why would the police investigate noises THAT NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY HEAR IN REAL LIFE?
They've got nothing else to do.

I'm still not understanding the mechanisms in place which will allow a microphone to capture unheard sounds. How can that work? I will say this; I work in a school, and next to us is a nursery. The bizzare noises some of the small children make are quite disturbing! Screaming and shrieking are common place and could easily be mistaken for children in distress. I was outdoors yesterday and the sounds being made reminded me of these recordings.

I'm still not understanding the mechanisms in place which will allow a microphone to capture unheard sounds. How can that work? I will say this; I work in a school, and next to us is a nursery. The bizarre noises some of the small children make are quite disturbing! Screaming and shrieking are commonplace and could easily be mistaken for children in distress. I was outdoors yesterday and the sounds being made reminded me of these recordings.
But the small children are in bed at 11.30 at night when the noises were recorded.

Yes, the screaming of children COULD sound like they were in distress when all they were doing was playing,
however when you take the longer recordings into account, together with the time the noises were recorded,
and the fact that the nearest school is 200 meters away, do you still believe the noises come from children playing?

A 3-hour recording where screams can be heard often throughout the recording

A video that has the opinions of the people who went back to the house

Best regards

Alan https://thealtarican.co.uk

But the small children are in bed at 11.30 at night when the noises were recorded.

Yes, the screaming of children COULD sound like they were in distress when all they were doing was playing,
however when you take the longer recordings into account, together with the time the noises were recorded,
and the fact that the nearest school is 200 meters away, do you still believe the noises come from children playing?

A 3-hour recording where screams can be heard often throughout the recording

A video that has the opinions of the people who went back to the house

Best regards

Alan https://thealtarican.co.uk
It is not that uncommon nowadays for parents - at least during holiday periods - to take their young children out with them in the evening to often quite late hours. I seem to recall seeing that there is a leisure centre quite nearby your previous home from which sound could be carrying. i can imagine a scenario where a group of parents are sipping lattes whilst nearby their kids are messing around on - say - a bouncy castle. Or coming back from some event and the kids are racing each other through an alleyway.

To me the sounds are very much those of children left to their own devices chasing each other etc. If they were being menaced by criminals then you might expect to hear at least some adult voices in the mix - telling them to shut up, and so on.

It is not that uncommon nowadays for parents - at least during holiday periods - to take their young children out with them in the evening to often quite late hours. I seem to recall seeing that there is a leisure center quite nearby your previous home from which sound could be carried. I can imagine a scenario where a group of parents is sipping lattes whilst nearby their kids are messing around on - say - a bouncy castle. Or coming back from some event and the kids are racing each other through an alleyway.

To me, the sounds are very much those of children left to their own devices chasing each other, etc. If they were being menaced by criminals then you might expect to hear at least some adult voices in the mix - telling them to shut up, and so on.
The Leisure center is around 200 meters away, the recorders were in a shaft in a basement wall. It was after 11.30 at night.

Their Adult voices in between some of the screams, what do you make of the gunshots?

Trying to find anything relevant to this case that I may have missed. This thread has brought me to the conclusion that these recordings are totally unverifiable, add to that that NOTHING was ever audible to the human ear. The clips were, mostly, small snippits audited together to suggest coherence of a narrative. My first thought was if there was children or women being held and or abused then there would be lengthy recordings at all times of the day and night. The OP concentrates his attention on his former neighbours landlords, a brother, sister outfit, and a seemingly, mentally ill Ammanford resident. Any one else got anything ground breaking to offer?

Any one else got anything ground breaking to offer?
Alan and his wife lose their house, then spend the rest of their lives harassing the neighbours with a bunch of nonsense?

Anyway, he's still very busy on Youtube:

Well they didn’t lose their house, he said they sold it to fund the investigation, however there’s no evidence of any financial outlay from him

Back