• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nominative Determinism

Without the last four words I would have thought he was Scottish.
This is stereotypical racism, and (more importantly) is getting in the way of wir next fix.

This is something of an inverse (perverse?) example ...
potentially Nominative Redeterminism?

Ah...or, Renominative Indecidivism?

Then again, some might (grudgingly) favour Allonominative Interdestinationism.

But they will be named, and told where to go.

A market trader has been banned from shouting about his goods after his yelling that is as loud as a chainsaw landed him with a noise complaint.

Wayne Bellows' family have been selling fruit and vegetables at the Saturday market in the seaside town of Lymington, Hants, for the past 80 years.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/15/market-trader-banned-yelling-wares-shouts-loud-chainsaw/

There's a moron who sells papers outside the GPO in Cork and he has a penetrating sing-song chant of Echo! Echo! Evening Echo! I pity the people in nearby shops who have to put up with it all of the time. I would set a pack of hungry JRTs on him if I lived/worked in the vicinity.

There's a moron who sells papers outside the GPO in Cork and he has a penetrating sing-song chant of Echo! Echo! Evening Echo! I pity the people in nearby shops who have to put up with it all of the time. I would set a pack of hungry JRTs on him if I lived/worked in the vicinity.
Are you sure he chants "Echo" so many times? It could be just... you know...

I have found a nice case of nominative determinism in this article about women's reproductive health with a comment from Dr Sue Mann.

Dr Sue Mann, public health consultant in reproductive health, from Public Health England, said: "Enjoying a fulfilling sex life is important for women's mental and emotional wellbeing. Our data show that sexual enjoyment is a key part of good reproductive health and that while many women are reporting sexual dysfunction, many are not seeking help.

"Our research shows that there is still stigma associated with talking about reproductive health issues which is a barrier to women seeking help. This is particularly true in the workplace where many women do not feel comfortable speaking to their managers about the real reasons for needing to take time off work. We want to empower women to educate themselves about good reproductive health and to feel confident speaking about it."

After getting busted for offering an undercover cop a happy ending, Florida masseuse Mi Suk Suk Bae is in jeopardy of losing her massage therapist’s license.

misuksukbae.jpg

Bae was arrested in December after she "agreed to masturbate"an undercover Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office investigator, according to a police report. The 62-year-old masseuse, who worked at Jacksonville’s Victoria Spa, was charged with offering to engage in prostitution.

Pictured above, Bae subsequently entered a no contest plea to a reduced charge of breach of peace. She was ordered to pay about $300 in fines and court fees.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster

maximus otter

She's not my 'bae'.
It must suk suk to be her.

Back