Nominative Determinism

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I've just bought a Kindle book from Amazon, a history of the electric chair in the U.S. It is written by Anthony Galvin. Is he having a dark joke on us?
It's sure to be a galvanising read. It'll have you on the edge of your seat.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Cop cleared of car ‘sex’ with drunk woman while on duty

Avon and Somerset police officer Lee Cocking, 40, said that the woman had forced herself on him sexually as he drove her home in December 2017.

He said that he suffered from post-traumatic stress syndrome resulting from tragic incidents he had dealt with during his career, and he was not psychologically able to resist the woman’s advances.

He said the woman made all the running in the car by pulling down her jeans and underwear, unzipping his trousers and ‘straddling’ him in the driving seat of the vehicle.

‘He was not remotely interested and was passive in terms of his actions. She was not entirely successful for the reason that he was not interested. He had no desire, before, during or afterwards to engage in any sexual activity with her.

‘She eventually gave up and Sgt Cocking drove the woman home.’

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Cop cleared of car ‘sex’ with drunk woman while on duty

Avon and Somerset police officer Lee Cocking, 40, said that the woman had forced herself on him sexually as he drove her home in December 2017.
Speaking as someone who has had car sex, I can confidently assert that straddling a man who is sitting in the driving seat is not going to achieve the, er, object.

For a start you'd sit on the car horn and it'd go off rhythmically like a theft alarm.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who has had car sex, I can confidently assert that straddling a man who is sitting in the driving seat is not going to achieve the, er, object.

For a start you'd sit on the car horn and it'd go off rhythmically like a theft alarm.
Arf.

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Peripart, the book is loaded onto my Kindle to be read at some point. Not cheerful reading but enlightening in a rather morbid fashion.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
He's a politician:

250px-Tinykox.jpg

Tiny Kox.

maximus otter

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Reaction score
An Australian Politician for 31 years was the Hon. Jack (Richard) Face.

He served in the New south Wales Labor Party between 1972 and 2003...His preference is to be called Richard, rather than Jack.

God knows what his school life was like...

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
An Australian Politician for 31 years was the Hon. Jack (Richard) Face.

He served in the New south Wales Labor Party between 1972 and 2003...His preference is to be called Richard, rather than Jack.

God knows what his school life was like...
I temember watching sn episode of 'Jack and Ozzys road trip', they went to some military installation in a mountain in the US and their guide was called 'Dick Hand' Jack said he didnt really what to accept the proffered shake :hahazebs:

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
I notice there is no mention of where he got the nickname "Tiny". :sherlock:

Years ago a distant cousin of mine married a Dutch fellow whose given name was Martinus but who, like the politician, was known as 'Tiny'. Tiny wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and there were unkind comments made within the family that the nickname may have been a reference to the size of his brain.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Years ago a distant cousin of mine married a Dutch fellow whose given name was Martinus but who, like the politician, was known as 'Tiny'. Tiny wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and there were unkind comments made within the family that the nickname may have been a reference to the size of his brain.
When god was handing out brains he thought he said trains and asked for a slow one :hahazebs:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
This (apparently) drunk driver's name is Booze.
Motorist Named Booze Arrested For, You Guessed It, Drunk Driving

A Florida Woman named Booze was arrested for drunk driving after allegedly slamming her car into a Taco Bell sign and then fleeing the scene, cops charge.

Kanisha Booze, 34, was busted late Friday following a crash near her home in St. Petersburg. Booze was charged with DUI involving property damage, leaving the scene of an accident, and driving with a suspended or revoked license. ...
FULL STORY: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/booze/booze-drunk-bust-609852

Victory

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Ham Polo Club (named after an area of West London, not after a family) is at the centre of a toxic row with its well-heeled neighbours, including Lady Annabel Goldsmith, the socialite who inspired the name of Annabel's nightclub in Mayfair.

Her son Ben Goldsmith, who is a Government adviser on the environment, has branded the club 'gross' for digging up its plastic exercise track and leaving the polluting material heaped up in the soil.

Other locals, including former groundsman Charlie Ham, have condemned the move, as the Thames is nearby, as well as a plethora of suburban wildlife.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/ham-polo-club.html

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Last edited: