• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nominative Determinism

Speaking as someone who has had car sex, I can confidently assert that straddling a man who is sitting in the driving seat is not going to achieve the, er, object.

For a start you'd sit on the car horn and it'd go off rhythmically like a theft alarm.
Arf.

Peripart, the book is loaded onto my Kindle to be read at some point. Not cheerful reading but enlightening in a rather morbid fashion.

He's a politician:

250px-Tinykox.jpg

Tiny Kox.

maximus otter

An Australian Politician for 31 years was the Hon. Jack (Richard) Face.

He served in the New south Wales Labor Party between 1972 and 2003...His preference is to be called Richard, rather than Jack.

God knows what his school life was like...

An Australian Politician for 31 years was the Hon. Jack (Richard) Face.

He served in the New south Wales Labor Party between 1972 and 2003...His preference is to be called Richard, rather than Jack.

God knows what his school life was like...
I temember watching sn episode of 'Jack and Ozzys road trip', they went to some military installation in a mountain in the US and their guide was called 'Dick Hand' Jack said he didnt really what to accept the proffered shake :hahazebs:

I notice there is no mention of where he got the nickname "Tiny". :sherlock:

Years ago a distant cousin of mine married a Dutch fellow whose given name was Martinus but who, like the politician, was known as 'Tiny'. Tiny wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and there were unkind comments made within the family that the nickname may have been a reference to the size of his brain.

Years ago a distant cousin of mine married a Dutch fellow whose given name was Martinus but who, like the politician, was known as 'Tiny'. Tiny wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and there were unkind comments made within the family that the nickname may have been a reference to the size of his brain.
When god was handing out brains he thought he said trains and asked for a slow one :hahazebs:

This (apparently) drunk driver's name is Booze.
Motorist Named Booze Arrested For, You Guessed It, Drunk Driving

A Florida Woman named Booze was arrested for drunk driving after allegedly slamming her car into a Taco Bell sign and then fleeing the scene, cops charge.

Kanisha Booze, 34, was busted late Friday following a crash near her home in St. Petersburg. Booze was charged with DUI involving property damage, leaving the scene of an accident, and driving with a suspended or revoked license. ...
FULL STORY: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/booze/booze-drunk-bust-609852

Ham Polo Club (named after an area of West London, not after a family) is at the centre of a toxic row with its well-heeled neighbours, including Lady Annabel Goldsmith, the socialite who inspired the name of Annabel's nightclub in Mayfair.

Her son Ben Goldsmith, who is a Government adviser on the environment, has branded the club 'gross' for digging up its plastic exercise track and leaving the polluting material heaped up in the soil.

Other locals, including former groundsman Charlie Ham, have condemned the move, as the Thames is nearby, as well as a plethora of suburban wildlife.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/ham-polo-club.html

Last edited:
Amsterdam's oldest sex workers who have 'serviced more than 335,000 men'
Surely that's an unrealistic total? You'd expect some returners to have come again.... (perhaps that joke deserves the slow-hand-clap response?).

And since most of us think we know where babies come from.....where the heck are their names coming from???
https://7news.com.au/pandemica-salad-milk-weirdest-baby-names-2021-revealed-by-reddit-users

• Pandemica
  • Salad
  • Crispy
  • Milk
  • Brogan
  • Motel
  • Prosecco
  • Myblessn
  • Monster
  • Mileage (pronounced My Leige, as you would refer to a King)
  • Mudpiles
  • Linoleum
  • Fallopia
  • Famous
  • Yanique (pronounced unique)
  • Jelli-Anne
  • Truck

where the heck are their names coming from???

I ask this question whenever I see a register these days. Not always in the old, expected places!

I could, at least, pronounce most of those on your list. "My Liege," is just taking the Mick, even if spelled correctly!

Meanwhile, my daily haul of 78 rpm discs posted on Youtube brought in . . .

Nappy Brown, singing "Pitter Patter!"

I expected some cringe-worthy ballad about babies but the lyrics don't go that way.

I suspect "nappy" for "diaper" is a British thing. Mr Brown does not attempt any "scat." :yay:

I can see the appeal of having a name that's unique, if you want to be remembered, that is. A lot of parents want their children to stand out. Whether the children grow up to agree is a different matter.

If it’s your thing, do what you wanna do.
https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/super-funk-100072.php

They’ve got the Funk. I guess.:doh:

Super Funk was born on 11th April 2021 in Los Angeles, California, United States as the first child of social media personality Capron Funk and pop singer Rydel Lynch. His middle name is Capron, so his full name is Super Capron Funk.
Super Funk was first introduced to the world through a You Tube video from 15th April 2021 titled Rydel Gives Birth To Our First Son!.

Back