Non-Fortean Films

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
The character of Thea Preston (Teds daughter) is played by Samara Weaving. Neice of Hugo Weaving. Aka agent Smith in the matrix. Which starred keanu reeves....

Whohhhhhhhhhhhh.
Samara Weaving is the spit and image of Margot Robbie, if you ask me. Must be an Aussie thing...

Ladyloafer

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Samara Weaving is the spit and image of Margot Robbie, if you ask me. Must be an Aussie thing...
Definite similarity. Samara was in Home and away. Margot was in neighbours. Both soap churn out a bunch of interchangeable looking actors.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Samara was excellent in that sleeper hit, comedy horror Ready or Not last year, so maybe she's about to go stellar like her clone.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This could be interesting!

Ray Bradbury’s ‘The Halloween Tree’ In The Works As Movie At Warner Bros With Will Dunn Adapting

By Anthony D'Alessandro
June 18, 2020 9:04am
EXCLUSIVE: We have learned that Will Dunn has been tapped by Warner Bros to adapt Ray Bradbury’s 1972 fantasy novel The Halloween Tree.

Los Angeles- and London-based management and production company 42 are producing the feature film adaptation with Charlie Morrison overseeing the project.

Dunn was a member of 20th Century Fox’s Feature Writer Program. His spec feature The Fisherman was featured on the Black List, and he has worked on features for Disney, Sony, eOne and Warner Bros.

The Halloween Tree follows Tom and his schoolmates who begin to investigate the strange happenings in their small town on Halloween night. Their friend Pip is abducted by a powerful demon from the Land of the Dead. With the help of an unlikely ally, a mysterious figure named Moundshroud, Tom and his pals must journey into the Land of the Dead to save their friend.
https://deadline.com/2020/06/warner...halloween-tree-will-dunn-adapting-1202962588/

Ladyloafer

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Watched Drop Dead Gorgeous last night, first time in years.

So funny. Some proper lol moments.

From around 1999, its a mockumentary of a small town beauty pagent with quite an all star cast (including Amy Adams first role).

I remembered Denise Richards dancing with jesus but had forgotten about the soylent green monolgue.

Some great dialogue

Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)

Amber Atkins: My mom never hid the fact that my dad chose his career over us. What was it she always said?

Loretta: Once a carnie, always a carnie.

Amber Atkins: Mom still cries every time she sees a tilt-a-whirl or a fat lady in a tube top.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157503/quotes?item=qt0482084

Even little things like all the adults smoking, even a firefighter while attending a fire.

Just brilliant.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Recently watched "Knives Out!" with Daniel Craig.
It's rather jolly good! Very clever, the plot interesting, the handling of it is too, and even the expected twist is unexpected!

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just watched 7500 (2020) on Amazon Prime.
Islamic terrorists hijack a flight from Berlin to Paris.
It's unbelievably tense, claustrophobic and seriously harrowing.
Many long scenes were obviously filmed in one long take.
The most powerful film I've seen for a long time.
Highly recommended.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6436726/

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just watched 7500 (2020) on Amazon Prime.
Islamic terrorists hijack a flight from Berlin to Paris.
It's unbelievably tense, claustrophobic and seriously harrowing.
Many long scenes were obviously filmed in one long take.
The most powerful film I've seen for a long time.
Highly recommended.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6436726/
more tense claustrophobic and harrowing then united 93?

Ladyloafer

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Yes, it's really funny! The Plan 9 of DTV action! The director's other "movies" are amusing too.
Without checking, is that bloke with the massive jaw whatshisface who played Maniac Cop?

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Recently watched "Knives Out!" with Daniel Craig.
It's rather jolly good! Very clever, the plot interesting, the handling of it is too, and even the expected twist is unexpected!
This was one of the last films Mrs Cycleboy and I enjoyed at the cinema before the plague struck – at the Memo Arts Centre in Barry, Wales – and we most enjoyed it. Now that we've accidentally signed up to Amazon Prime we may watch it again. Making the most of Prime we watched Ready Player One last night and Number 37 tonight. We preferred the former, though it is totally bonkers – and it has to break the world record for most film references...

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Without checking, is that bloke with the massive jaw whatshisface who played Maniac Cop?
Robert Z'Dar, straight to video baddie extraordinaire, yes! No longer with us, sadly. He had cherubism, which affected his looks. Apparently a bit of a "character".