North Korea

Kim and Trump impersonators arrested.

Impersonators of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump have been questioned by police in Vietnam.

Kim impersonator Howard X and Trump lookalike Russell White were reprimanded after staging a "meeting" in Hanoi. The pair have been released but told news agency AFP they were threatened with deportation. It comes a week before a scheduled US-North Korea summit in the capital.

"They basically said stop doing the impersonation or we will kick you out of the country," Howard X - a Hong Kong resident - told AFP. He and Mr White took part in a faux summit in the capital, telling reporters they intended to scale down North Korea's nuclear ambitions.

"We're working toward peace. Through negotiations, with dialogue, we want to help North Korea of course," said Canada-born Mr White, dressed at US President Trump. "Hopefully he can overlook all my nuclear missiles and lift the sanctions," answered Howard X, a full-time impressionist who visited Singapore ahead of the first US-North Korea summit last year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47337945?ocid=socialflow_twitter

And they've deported "Kim".

A Kim Jong-un impersonator has been deported from Vietnam ahead of the real North Korean leader's meeting with US President Trump in Hanoi this week.

Hong Kong resident Howard X staged a fake summit with Trump impersonator Russell White last week. The two were later held for questioning by Vietnamese police and told to cease all their political jesting. Howard X says officials have since told him his visa is "invalid", but says he has received no further explanation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47354761?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Good news

SHAH ALAM, Malaysia (AP) — An Indonesian woman held for two years on suspicion of killing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s half brother was freed from custody Monday after Malaysian prosecutors unexpectedly dropped the murder charge against her. Siti Aisyah cried and hugged her Vietnamese co-defendant, Doan Thi Huong, before leaving the courtroom and being ushered away in an embassy car. She told reporters that she had only learned Monday morning that she would be freed.

“I feel very happy,” she said later at a news conference at the Indonesian Embassy. “I didn’t expect that today will be my freedom day.”

The trial will resume Thursday, with prosecutors expected to reply to a request by Huong’s lawyers asking the government to similarly withdraw the charges against her.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/indo...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__031119

Bad news for Ms Houng.

Malaysian authorities have rejected a plea to drop the murder case against Doan Thi Huong, the Vietnamese woman accused of killing the half-brother of North Korea's leader.

Vietnam had been pushing for her release, and the decision comes days after her Indonesian co-defendant, Siti Aisyah, was unexpectedly freed. Both women insist they are innocent. Kim Jong-nam was assassinated with liquid VX nerve agent at Kuala Lumpur airport in February 2017. Ms Huong says she was tricked into taking part and believed she was part of a TV prank.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47564782

Rahere

Junior Acolyte
It's not possible to work without affecting someone somewhere, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. The distinction I make is where you're coming from, having set the paradigm Trump tried to copy. If you do so full of ego and bluster, then you're heading for a fall.
At the same time, negative comments like
helping fuel the american fire
don't help much. Some sense of self-worth is necessary to avoid the pit of despair. The question is, is it an objective degree of self-worth? I generally prefer to hold on the lower edge of that, to be on the safe side of arrogance. Or would you actually prefer Kim and Trump to plunge blindly ahead building ever more nuclear arms out of a Chicken Little world view?
Few people are actually out-and-out evil. Almost all, myself included, have greater or lesser streaks of the regrettable about them. But goodness can outweigh it, if we allow it to become part of our psyche, nourished and rooted in truth, so it can send the delusional packing. That doesn't mean throw sensible caution out with it, Join My Church (I didn't know it had come apart - here, have some glue). But be a light rather than a damper in your life.

what a puzzling comment! my body/soul-dichotomy, including ego, is quickly trying to invent a moral/ethical badminton-racket to smash that 'shuttle of eloquence' back out of my conscious! first of all, I won't join any church for now, but I am sure The Trump Administration will perform 'the nuclear arms race' in the safest possible manner (as long as this is in their national security interest).
second, just ban nukes and have a life! I don't worry about North Korea, they should just have accepted the ultimatum of 2017 and stop their rocket-testing, now it's too late, because of US pre-emptive strikes and probably this will turn out to be a certain advantage to 'nuclear superpowers' (nuclear vultures), they can have a ball now the only risk to stability is eliminated..

Last edited: