• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Not a UFO

No - she was tortured on one (so called). Said wheel split apart and killed several people standing nearby, so her executors decided to chop her into bits. Instead of blood, she bled milk. I tend to believe (along with others) that she's another made up saint used to replace older things - in this case, fiery wheels (both of which appear to be symbols to do with the sun in British Celtic culture).

Tin Finger said:
Who is catherine and did she invent the wheel?

No but they tried to break her on one, but the wheel broke, the monkey got choked and they all went to heaven in a little row boat.

JerryB said:
...so her executors decided to chop her into bits. Instead of blood, she bled milk.
Surely that's illegal! They must have been in a hurry to get her Will proved (or whatever the phrase is) and the loot divi'd out.

I don't think I'll bother writing a Will if that sort of thing is likely to happen... :eek!!!!:

Yes, that is a lovely pc, I shall be using it as my wallpaper till I tire of it ... thank you

rynner said:
Surely that's illegal! They must have been in a hurry to get her Will proved (or whatever the phrase is) and the loot divi'd out.

I don't think I'll bother writing a Will if that sort of thing is likely to happen... :eek!!!!:

Ho ho - well done. Go to the top of the class. And jump off... :D

monkeys

I was in hartlepool to day and they,in ww2 hung a monkey,
being a port would that make it port catherine?
Or monkey?

I think that was a wee bit prior to the Second World War. About a hundred years, in fact.

Inverurie Jones said:
I think that was a wee bit prior to the Second World War. About a hundred years, in fact.

Quite right IJ, wish I hadn't nentioned the monkey now, it's only a song after all...three six nine, the goose drank wine the monkey chewed tobacco on the street car line, the line broke, the monkey got choked.....

Nice, its just a shame we cannot see these things with the naked eye!!!

Suppose all our lovely street lights don't help!

Back