• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Not As Environmentally Friendly As Promised

A piece of meat can be a useful substitute for a washing up brush.

A piece of meat can be a useful substitute for a washing up brush.
I didn't like to put the idea in his head at the time but I did wonder if it had been a tough bit that someone had chewed and left on the plate:hahazebs:

"...has this week produced its ‘first gas’ "

I did something similar this morning but I blame the Steak and Chips I had for dinner yesterday.
I've been producing so much gas lately that I am now willing to step forward and volunteer to provide gas to the grid.

It’s a bit like when I was having sunday dinner and Countryfile started doing an item on chicken diahorrea. And then Marxism.
Good God. Marxism? The b******s.
The 'meat in the tea' thing really made me feel ill. Even more so than Myths bottom trouble.

Oh no. The chicken shit was genuine. It was the other Countryfile stuff that I found unacceptable by comparison.

Oh no. The chicken shit was genuine. It was the other Countryfile stuff that I found unacceptable by comparison.
I used to watch it years ago. For some reason John Craven gets right on my nerves. Can't quite pinpoint why, but he does. As does John Nettles (actor). There is a similarity.

I used to watch it years ago. For some reason John Craven gets right on my nerves. Can't quite pinpoint why, but he does. As does John Nettles (actor). There is a similarity.
Do you think they might be related?

Do you think they might be related?
Well they're both called John, so maybe. I don't know what it is about Craven though. I used to watch him on 'Newsround' when I was younger and don't recall disliking him then.

Well they're both called John, so maybe. I don't know what it is about Craven though. I used to watch him on 'Newsround' when I was younger and don't recall disliking him then.
Maybe Craven should have retired years ago?

John Craven is a Fortean legend for always including weird stories at the end of Newsround, ghosts, UFOs, etc. He can carry on as long as he likes, as far as I'm concerned he's earned it.

I fully realise that the police were just doing their job and it would be better if the protesters could directly target P&O rather the port as a whole. Still though, it's amazing how quickly the police acted here when Extinction Rebellion and their ilk are allowed to shut down cities and block ambulances.

People protesting against P&O Ferries' decision to sack 800 workers have been moved from the entrance of the Port of Liverpool by police.

About 40 demonstrators blocked the road leading to the port, where P&O operates a Liverpool to Dublin service, at about 08:00 GMT.
Protesters shouted "P&O, shame on you" before they were moved on by police.
It comes after the company announced on Thursday that 800 staff were being sacked immediately.
The protest, organised by the RMT union, caused a tailback of lorries heading into the port.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-60846796

Letter from Chris Heath (NW5) in yesterdy's Camden New Journal on the Camden Forest 2025 replanting project:

"PLANT a tree in Camden but cut down one or even two older trees for posts to support it"

Tree-support.jpg
Photograph showing annual growth rings to demonstrate.

Letter from Chris Heath (NW5) in yesterdy's Camden New Journal on the Camden Forest 2025 replanting project:

"PLANT a tree in Camden but cut down one or even two older trees for posts to support it"

View attachment 55073
Photograph showing annual growth rings to demonstrate.
Madness.

I expect that the cutting down of one tree provided dozens and dozens of poles.
Only an idiot would cut down one tree for each pole they wanted and discard the rest of the tree.

3/400% of what, that is the question
Quite a few sellers of heat pumps make the same claim but go on to say they cost more to run than a gas boiler, bullshit baffles brains as they say

Electricity Shortage Warnings Grow Across U.S.

From California to Texas to Indiana, electric-grid operators are warning that power-generating capacity is struggling to keep up with demand, a gap that could lead to rolling blackouts during heat waves or other peak periods as soon as this year.

California’s grid operator said Friday that it anticipates a shortfall in supplies this summer, especially if extreme heat, wildfires or delays in bringing new power sources online exacerbate the constraints.

The risk of electricity shortages is rising throughout the U.S. as traditional power plants are being retired more quickly than they can be replaced by renewable energy and battery storage. Power grids are feeling the strain as the U.S. makes a historic transition from conventional power plants fueled by coal and natural gas to cleaner forms of energy such as wind and solar power, and aging nuclear plants are slated for retirement in many parts of the country.

The challenge is that wind and solar farms—which are among the cheapest forms of power generation—don’t produce electricity at all times and need large batteries to store their output for later use. While a large amount of battery storage is under development, regional grid operators have lately warned that the pace may not be fast enough to offset the closures of traditional power plants that can work around the clock.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/electricity-shortage-warnings-grow-across-u-s-11652002380

maximus otter

Back