• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Not the UnCon: FTMB MegaMeet?

Could we have a show of hands as to who would be interested in going - you're obviously not commiting to anything but just to give us an idea of numbers. You can give a reply here or PM myself or Min.

Thanks

Gordon

escargot1 said:
Does it have to be hands? :D

Pseudopods, tentacles whatever - we're not speciest, it must however be a socially acceptable part of the body!

Gordon

gordonrutter said:
escargot1 said:
Does it have to be hands? :D

Pseudopods, tentacles whatever - we're not speciest, it must however be a socially acceptable part of the body!

Gordon

*waves giant metallic claw with kitsch polka dots*

I'd certainly be up for it, but I'd better make it just a tentative yes since I'd need to consult with the oracle at home.

I'd be up for it in principal, but it's a long way from Devon. Might see if I can persuade some of the CFZ guys to go and hitch a lift.

Are we any closer to an actual date? I'm reduced to hoping for a weekend around the last week in September, now. Owing to the fact that my partner can't get any time off work before that.

:(

However, if we get the date soon enough, I might be able to figure a workround.

Various people have been asked to speak and it is a question now of seeing which day is suitable for as many of them as possible. I'll see if it can't be chased up a bit. For various reasons it won't be the first or second weekend! :)

Whoohoo! We have a date, the 22nd of September. Tickets will be £10. Details of the venue and where to send your ticket money to follow soon. :)

Edit-Oh yes, and we'll let you know which speakers we have as well..

min_bannister said:
Whoohoo! We have a date, the 22nd of September. Tickets will be £10. Details of the venue and where to send your ticket money to follow soon. :)

Edit-Oh yes, and we'll let you know which speakers we have as well..

Oooh! I'm excited now! :D

Confirmed speakers:

Gail Nina Anderson
Ian Simmons
Caroline Watt (of the Koestler Institute of Parapsychology here in 'Burgh)
Some chap called Gordon Rutter

Subjects to be confirmed.

There will also have "Fort Shorts" where people can do 5 or 10 minute pieces on what interests them if they like. :)

We might also have Richard Freeman but not confirmed yet.

Nepotism??

min_bannister said:
Some chap called Gordon Rutter

Be careful - this kind of thing brought down Paul Wolfowitz and he is one of the Secret Rulers of the World. :shock:

Re: Nepotism??

Mighty_Emperor said:
this kind of thing brought down Paul Wolfowitz and he is one of the Secret Rulers of the World. :shock:

Not anymore he's not!

Gordon

gordonrutter said:
Mighty_Emperor said:
this kind of thing brought down Paul Wolfowitz and he is one of the Secret Rulers of the World. :shock:

Not anymore he's not!

Just because he lost his public job doesn't mean he isn't messing round behind the curtain ;)

Mighty_Emperor said:
Just because he lost his public job doesn't mean he isn't messing round behind the curtain ;)

My apologies - you are of course correct. Not being particularly into Conspiracy theories I forget how devious these fiends can be.

Gordon

gordonrutter said:
Mighty_Emperor said:

My apologies - you are of course correct. Not being particularly into Conspiracy theories I forget how devious these fiends can be.

Nice work separating yourself from them. I was wondering if you "knew too much" this confirms it.

The venue is confirmed as The Counting House, address and map at the link. Tickets will be £10 and cheques should be made payable to Gordon Rutter and sent to:

EdFort,
c/o Voga
22 Leven Street
Edinburgh
EH3 9LJ

We will not be sending out tickets so make sure you give us your email address and name so we can write you down on our list and send a reciept of your payment.

You will be able to buy drinks at the pub underneath and take them upstairs there are also plenty of places to buy food if you don't fancy pub grub so it is a pretty good venue. :) Oh and it is quite central so should be easy to get to.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
No chance of paying with a credit card, then?

If you have a credit card linked to your paypal account you can use that, other than that Min and I are not set up to be able to accept credit cards.

Gordon

gordonrutter said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
No chance of paying with a credit card, then?

If you have a credit card linked to your paypal account you can use that, other than that Min and I are not set up to be able to accept credit cards.

Gordon
I'll have to work out how to use paypal, then. :(

Back