Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
You shouldnt've told us what you put on the shelf, that could of been been a great collection for ' Shall We Run Our Own Experiment?' !
WHAT a good idea. I could make the shelf a bit slopey so the ornaments would randomly slide off and people could guess what's just fallen on Scargy's 'ead!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Looked up the word on the context.reverso French English translation site:
J'avais l'habitude de l'entendre s'accrocher à la kharzi.
I used to hear him hanging on to the kharzi.

Well, that was enlightening.

*Shit - wrong spelling !
That's probably the right spelling. My northern English accent leaves out the 'r'. It becomes silent like the 'p' in 'bath'.

I used to hear him hanging on to the kharzi.

Why was he 'hanging on to the kharzi', and what sound did he make? Who WAS he anyway?
Enquiring minds need to know.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Assumed this was a useful phrase to know in French, like "la plume de ma tante" (which aunt ?) or "Le singe est sur la branche!" (Eddie Izzard's monkey in the tree).

Sgt Girth

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I got the same reaction when I offered to take her up the Shard for our wedding anniversary!

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Boiling today in London, I was running an errant in Russell Square and noticed for first time the Cab shelter was open to the public (12-2pm) . The hut is one of only a dozen still standing, owned by the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, originally (1901) providing shelter and sustenance for horse drawn Hackney drivers (now black cab) - built no bigger than a horse and cart, in line with Met Police rules because they stood on public highways. Anyway, not allowed inside (not a cabbie) but got bacon roll and tea (£4.00 cash only) through the serving hatch. And will be back tomorrow.

Hackney Cab Cafe_0822.jpg

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've mowed the back lawn, I'm going to mow the front lawn, I've advertised a computer desk and a pair of 1940s/1950s bakelite door handles on Freecycle. Oh yes. Life is good!

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Thats grand, BadBungle, small oddments of Heritage that tell a story are always worthwhile.