Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I saw a clip on YouTube for the House-series. It was the moment where they realized what was really wrong with the patient.
Yesterday I was bored and picked a random episode to watch, out of 177 episodes. I haven't watched it for years, but still managed to accidentally pick the episode where that clip was from.

michael59

Justified & Incandecent
Reaction score
So, I was feeling a bit peckish around 2am and decided to go to Tim Hortons and get a sandwich and maybe a couple donuts and some coffee. When I got there there wasn't a soul in sight. No one on the road when I drove there and no one when I pulled into the drive thru to order. Everything I tried to order they didn't have. Finally I just had her list what they did have and chose from that. As I was ordering, someone pulled in behind me. When I went to the pick up window I decide to order an extra sandwich. She asked me to pull up to the front doors and she would bring my order out to me.

As I was sitting waiting, I couldn't believe the parade of cars that were lined up at the drive thru entrance. lol I had to wait quite a long time because I think there was just her and one other person working. When she came out with my order she apologized for the wait and said she gave me a few extra donuts for having to wait so long. I thanked her and drove home. When I unpacked my order I was shocked to find out that she gave me 6 extra assorted donuts and 4 different kinds of muffins. :D

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
So, I was feeling a bit peckish around 2am and decided to go to Tim Hortons and get a sandwich and maybe a couple donuts and some coffee. When I got there there wasn't a soul in sight. No one on the road when I drove there and no one when I pulled into the drive thru to order. Everything I tried to order they didn't have. Finally I just had her list what they did have and chose from that. As I was ordering, someone pulled in behind me. When I went to the pick up window I decide to order an extra sandwich. She asked me to pull up to the front doors and she would bring my order out to me.

As I was sitting waiting, I couldn't believe the parade of cars that were lined up at the drive thru entrance. lol I had to wait quite a long time because I think there was just her and one other person working. When she came out with my order she apologized for the wait and said she gave me a few extra donuts for having to wait so long. I thanked her and drove home. When I unpacked my order I was shocked to find out that she gave me 6 extra assorted donuts and 4 different kinds of muffins. :D
She probably thought you looked hungry!

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just thought that as there is only a small pice of Brie in the fridge and nothing else, apart from the usual ketchup/hot sauce/worcester etc (that doesn't need to be kept cold anyway), I might as well turn it of. So I have. And am therefore defrosting it at the same time of course.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Just thought that as there is only a small pice of Brie in the fridge and nothing else, apart from the usual ketchup/hot sauce/worcester etc (that doesn't need to be kept cold anyway), I might as well turn it of. So I have. And am therefore defrosting it at the same time of course.
I'm debating on whether to make myself a bacon sandwich or not. So long as I don't do it too often or I'll be in kidney stones land again.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm debating on whether to make myself a bacon sandwich or not. So long as I don't do it too often or I'll be in kidney stones land again.
I don't eat meat (don't tell maximus for God's sake, I'll never hear the end of it), so that's not an issue for me, but I didn't know bacon was a cause of K/S. Dairy seems to be the usual culprit.

Swifty

Reaction score
I don't eat meat (don't tell maximus for God's sake, I'll never hear the end of it), so that's not an issue for me, but I didn't know bacon was a cause of K/S. Dairy seems to be the usual culprit.
I was told processed food was causing my type of K/S .. so I've had to cut right back.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Wassup with not eating meat? Nobody else's business.
As a student I used to get people threatening to wave delicious bacon sarnies etc in my face, as I'd seen done to other vegetarians.

The correct reaction was to squeal because us vegetarians are sweet, sensitive individuals.

I'd say 'Do that and I'll slap it out of your hand and shove it up your fucking arse.'

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was told processed food was causing my type of K/S .. so I've had to cut right back.
Choosing foods and avoiding dangerous ones, that must be a lot of trouble. :(
Better than the pain though.

Had a bit of that myself. All sorted now, lucky old me.

Swifty

Reaction score
As a student I used to get people threatening to wave delicious bacon sarnies etc in my face, as I'd seen done to other vegetarians.

The correct reaction was to squeal because us vegetarians are sweet, sensitive individuals.

I'd say 'Do that and I'll slap it out of your hand and shove it up your fucking arse.'
Nice response lol ... and it's medical people's business to advice me not to eat processed meat unfortunately because of how I get stones .. that's the only reason I'm being good and doing what I'm told. Anyone else I'd tell to f**k off mate.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I know- just joking. maximus is a good chap. - When it comes to food I'm pescatarian and when it comes to products; shower gel/deodorant/toothpaste/laundry detergent etc, I'm vegan. It's very easy these days and there are some great vegan products out there now. Mrs F is totally vegan which is taking it a tad too far (for me), but as you say each to their own. Fresh fish is ok of course, but the problem I have is fish/seafood that's in some kind of sauce- for eg mussels. The sauce could contain animal products other than fish. It can't say 'vegetarian' on the packaging obviously, but they haven't got around to saying 'suitable for pescatarians' yet.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Nice response lol ... and it's medical people's business to advice me not to eat processed meat unfortunately because of how I get stones .. that's the only reason I'm being good and doing what I'm told. Anyone else I'd tell to f**k off mate.
You've just reminded me of a post for the 'Whinge' thread.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Pain is a great teacher! :wink2:
If you can fend it off with diet-adjustment you're quids in.

Can't imagine how much pain you've been in with the stones but if that happened to me I'd happily eat safe bland foods for the rest of my life to avoid it.
Seems you can have the odd treat though. Careful now!

Swifty

Reaction score
Pain is a great teacher! :wink2:
If you can fend it off with diet-adjustment you're quids in.

Can't imagine how much pain you've been in with the stones but if that happened to me I'd happily eat safe bland foods for the rest of my life to avoid it.
Seems you can have the odd treat though. Careful now!
I'm scoffing crunchy nut cornflakes now instead of a bacon sandwich ... not because of admirable self constraint but because I've just learned I haven't got any bacon in my fridge.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm scoffing crunchy nut cornflakes now instead of a bacon sandwich ... not because of admirable self constraint but because I've just learned I haven't got any bacon in my fridge.
Small mercies! :chuckle:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
While slapping it out of the hand, you'd surreptitiously snaffle a bit of bacon. Yes you would!
I've told you before, I'll say it again - I don't eat dead meat.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You could bring it to life temporarily with sriracha sauce!
That's one of the best selling ones apparently, especially in the States I believe, but I'm not keen on it. Franks/Tabasco/Cholula are my faves.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
That's one of the best selling ones apparently, especially in the States I believe, but I'm not keen on it. Franks/Tabasco/Cholula are my faves.
You are obviously a man of good taste. As we're locked down here, my wife insisted we clean out the kitchen cupboards the other day.
I was somewhat amazed at how many hot sauces I had amassed and subsequently threw out keeping only the ones named above (although the Tabasco is the Chipotle version and I did keep the Sriracha).

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You are obviously a man of good taste. As we're locked down here, my wife insisted we clean out the kitchen cupboards the other day.
I was somewhat amazed at how many hot sauces I had amassed and subsequently threw out keeping only the ones named above (although the Tabasco is the Chipotle version and I did keep the Sriracha).
I tried the chipotle version once. It was a long time ago though.
RE: Sriracha- One has a rooster on the bottle, one a goose and another an eagle. I'm not sure of the differences as I've only had the rooster one which I think is the original.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
RE: Sriracha- One has a rooster on the bottle, one a goose and another an eagle. I'm not sure of the differences as I've only had the rooster one which I think is the original.
Rooster eh.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I prefer the goose brand.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
It's also called rooster sauce.
It's the coy word rooster, which I learned (from David Niven, no less) that Americans use where Brits would say 'cockerel' or 'cock'.
This is because 'cock' means 'penis' to Americans. It always amuses me.

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was in the forest with some people today, and a woman asked me "Can pigs fly? They don't look like they can."
Being chinese I thought she had heard the popular expression and gotten confused. I assured her that they can't.
It took a bit before I realised she was actually saying tics, not pigs.