Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

Andy X

AWOL
Reaction score
My judgement was initially out of whack; I thought it would be horrible but it's a wonderful combination. I was encouraged to try it by seeing a children's TV programme about nutrition and daily calorie requirements and stuff, during which the kids were tasked with making Fool's Gold sandwiches (I know - seems irresponsible).

Needless to say they all loved them and are probably dead now.

I'll get back to you re. the capes :) Thanguverrmuch.

Clonex101

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I cooked a really great double cheese burger at work two half pound burgers with cheese in the middle, beef formed around them gherkins salad, spent all morning peeling and spicing spuds till they were fine and golden brown, dusted with Cajun spices and a little white pepper, then eat 2 of the burgers and a lot of the spuds when none turned up for dinner, so bugger it

Andy X

AWOL
Reaction score
I cooked a really great double cheese burger at work two half pound burgers with cheese in the middle, beef formed around them gherkins salad, spent all morning peeling and spicing spuds till they were fine and golden brown, dusted with Cajun spices and a little white pepper, then eat 2 of the burgers and a lot of the spuds when none turned up for dinner, so bugger it
Sounds good. My mum has an old (American) cookbook from the '60s which features a couple of cheeseburger recipes. One involves squishing cheese between two beef patties and the other, starting from scratch, uses handmade burgers made from minced / ground beef with grated onion and cheese incorporated in to the mixture - a method which seems to have re-emerged in recent years via hipster cuisine - 'specially effective if you caramelise the onions first. Nothing wrong with placing sliced cheese on top, but there's much to like about the aforementioned approaches.

Clonex101

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
My judgement was initially out of whack; I thought it would be horrible but it's a wonderful combination. I was encouraged to try it by seeing a children's TV programme about nutrition and daily calorie requirements and stuff, during which the kids were tasked with making Fool's Gold sandwiches (I know - seems irresponsible).

Needless to say they all loved them and are probably dead now.

I'll get back to you re. the capes :) Thanguverrmuch.
Sounds good. My mum has an old (American) cookbook from the '60s which features a couple of cheeseburger recipes. One involves squishing cheese between two beef patties and the other, starting from scratch, uses handmade burgers made from minced / ground beef with grated onion and cheese incorporated in to the mixture - a method which seems to have re-emerged in recent years via hipster cuisine - 'specially effective if you caramelise the onions first. Nothing wrong with placing sliced cheese on top, but there's much to like about the aforementioned approaches.
Thats the one though I diden't think to add the onions in the middle too, thanks ^^

Andy X

AWOL
Reaction score
It's all good. You can't go wrong with any kind of cheeseburger :)

...although the last time I secretly went for fast food Burger King in Harlow managed to fuck it up.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I ordered a DVD from one firm and got a completely different one in the post. From what I could work out, they didn't actually have my order in stock anymore, so sent me anything they had to hand instead, as if something I didn't want was a substitute for what I did. Why not just be honest and refund me immediately?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I ordered a DVD from one firm and got a completely different one in the post. From what I could work out, they didn't actually have my order in stock anymore, so sent me anything they had to hand instead, as if something I didn't want was a substitute for what I did. Why not just be honest and refund me immediately?
I ordered a DVD which promised to be 'the complete series' but when it arrived was only the first half. So I put that fact in my review, and was offered a full refund if I changed it and if the company promised to change their blurb*. I agreed and all was well.

*It wasn't really their fault as they were only repeating the blurb on the box.

Ringo

Less than 2m away
Reaction score
A not very interesting thing that happened yesterday. I baked Rosemary Focaccia for this first time. I also made a lovely fish soup out of cod, salmon, shrimp and saffron.

Told you it wasn't very interesting but it tasted lovely.

Merle

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
That marshmallow stuff's recently appeared in UK shops. I'm tempted to try it, except I don't know what to do with it!
I'm not sure either Andy_X.. On the container it says peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches but no way can I stomach that idea.... It is also used to make fudge or as a cake filling or spread on semi sweet biscuits...

It's extremely sweet, almost stings..... very sticky and I eat it by the spoonful... makes a change from chocolate... However, once I eat it all it will be a long time before I buy anymore...

I much prefer the Walkers English treacle toffee any day... now that I can easily get addicted to...

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I was on the safe side of the glass before I even noticed it. I did think about going back out for a better photo, but I hate bugs that fly up into your face--and this one wasn't much smaller than my hand.

The English Rose

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I decided to put my laundry on the washing line as it was lovely and sunny, but a few seconds later it chucked it down with rain.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I decided to put my laundry on the washing line as it was lovely and sunny, but a few seconds later it chucked it down with rain.
Yup, I set off cycling home from work towards a huge black cloud and thought 'Hmm, I'll beat that if I snap it up, maybe ten minutes away!'
But it suddenly started pouring down and I was drenched in seconds.

INT21

Antediluvian
Reaction score
The mantis may actually be an Emeritus professor of intergalactic physics from another dimension. just dropping by to let us know how to survive a misinformed black hole creation experiment at CERN.

I hope you didn't kill it.

If so you may have wiped out human kinds last hope of survival.

And as the world begins to disintegrate there will be a final anguished cry of

'It's all you fault Yithian'.

Then eternal darkness.

So, no pressure.

INT21

INT21

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Escargot,

Do you know just what you son is doing right now down that toroidal hole in the ground. Yithian may have killed our last hope.?

Email him and tell him not to do risky things with his new toy.

INT21

INT21

Antediluvian
Reaction score
..I assure you that I didn't harm Prof. Mantis in any way..

Praise the Lord (if there is one), we may yet be saved.

Escargot,

Don't let him do it. Tell him 'enough already !',

Reducing an intergalactic emissary (who just happens to look like a Mantis) to a cloud of quarks is act of extreme folly.
Also it uses a lot of electric.

Einstein would not approve. Although Schrodinger might.

INT21