Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
I got Sky Internet and phone installed today.
So far, so good. More reliable than Virgin (hopefully it stays that way).

Also got a spare part to fix my 3D printer.
An all-round good day, from the sounds of things. Hopefully you can now start getting creative with your 3d printer :)

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
It's a bit warm here today.

I keep hearing that the UK is sweltering (haven't checked specifics). When I left work at 4 p.m. this afternoon is was 37.4°C / 99.3°F--presumably it had dropped off a little from a higher point.

According to the news it has been 40.7°C / 105.3°F in Tokyo (not so very far away) and they've had deaths.

Surprisingly, perhaps (as a pale Northern European), I remain pretty impervious to extremes of heat and cold--I feel them, of course, but I function as usual.

Hottest I've been: 45°C / 113°F on the Sinai peninsula; coldest -23°C/-9.4°F on top of a mountain in Gangwon Province at midnight.

All rather fun.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
It's a bit warm here today.

I keep hearing that the UK is sweltering (haven't checked specifics). When I left work at 4 p.m. this afternoon is was 37.4°C / 99.3°F--presumably it had dropped off a little from a higher point.

According to the news it has been 40.7°C / 105.3°F in Tokyo (not so very far away) and they've had deaths.

Surprisingly, perhaps (as a pale Northern European), I remain pretty impervious to extremes of heat and cold--I feel them, of course, but I function as usual.

Hottest I've been: 45°C / 113°F on the Sinai peninsula; coldest -23°C/-9.4°F on top of a mountain in Gangwon Province at midnight.

All rather fun.

Yith, you'd make a grand Aussie.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Is it an apple tree?
It was last year :) .. actually I wasn't being completely honest, there were about 5 apples on it .. I normally borrow the step ladder from the owner of the shop nearest to it and pay him with a share of them but it wasn't worth it today frankly. We've got a pair tree that hangs over our back yard, the idea was to make an apple and pear crumble today ..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I'm not sure why it is but I find dogs much easier to forgive than kids.

They have got us trained! :truce:
That's because if a kid cacked in the hall you'd ask why and the kid'd have to come up with a necessarily inadequate explanation. The conversation would be frustrating and inconclusive.

Whereas if you asked a dog the same question you already know the answer - because dog.

INT21

Antediluvian
..Not interesting. But nice...

Well, the title of the thread is Not very interesting things that happened today.

So it's bang on topic.

INT21

..Not interesting. But nice...

Well, the title of the thread is Not very interesting things that happened today.

So it's bang on topic.

INT21
Not sure what made you think I was suggesting otherwise.

I like a dollop of paprika and a squirt of ketchup in my beans.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
He looks justifiably proud of his cack. I used to have one of those round sofas :cool:
That's Wor Bella man!

And yes - she does look proud, doesn't she...such a cheeky bugger too. Unfortunately she's now 60 kilo's so when she jumps up on the bed at 3:00 in the morn, she gets to stay there.

And that settee would have to be the most comfortable thing to pass out on Swifty, That curve is perfect for the back I reckon...and our Bella agrees. 002.JPG