Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

skinny

Antediluvian
Meanwhile in Oz, again The Liberal Party has stabbed another of its leaders in the back and we have a couple of prospective new PMs lined up ready to feed off the carcass of our deeply flawed democratic system. Both no-name will-have-beens, so no need to go into details. How silly we all were to think our capitalist framework would endure for perpetuity. Pack of witless dogs the lot of them. The required paradigm shift will have to come at the cost of our children's future and the revolution will not be televised.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
That's because if a kid cacked in the hall you'd ask why and the kid'd have to come up with a necessarily inadequate explanation. The conversation would be frustrating and inconclusive.

Whereas if you asked a dog the same question you already know the answer - because dog.
Oh, I know the reason Essie, it were cheese - she and I is rather partial to some stilton blue after dinner you see, and normally before bed we go for a moonlight promenade so that she can do her 'necessaries'...But it's been a bit coolish as of late (minus3), and she'd been out earlier that night and well, I thought that she'd be alright...

Sod's Law Innit.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Meanwhile in Oz, again The Liberal Party has stabbed another of its leaders in the back and we have a couple of prospective new PMs lined up ready to feed off the carcass of our deeply flawed democratic system. Both no-name will-have-beens, so no need to go into details. How silly we all were to think our capitalist framework would endure for perpetuity. Pack of witless dogs the lot of them. The required paradigm shift will have to come at the cost of our children's future and the revolution will not be televised.

I'd like to take the f***ing lot of 'em and drop 'em off out past f***ing Bourke Skinny - no water, no phone, no food - useless bloody articles - each and every one. They can hand out billions to curry f***ing favour with our pacific neighbours so that we can build those shitboxes to stable refugees, but can they hand out any substantial and considered solution to the dire straits in front of our primary producers - can they f***ing 'eck as like. $16,000 for food and bills - not to be spent on feed! Miserable s**theads - that money is going to the banks and multi f***ing nationals - friends of the LNP - the rest? that's left up to you and me Skinny, we donate money so that those animals still alive can eat, with the truck drivers and small companies donating time and fuel.

We have 809,400 square kilometres in utter and total drought in NSW alone, and all the f***ers can say is that the drought isn't a natural disaster.

Utter f***ing Pudenda, The f***ing lot!!

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Oh, I know the reason Essie, it were cheese - she and I is rather partial to some stilton blue after dinner you see, and normally before bed we go for a moonlight promenade so that she can do her 'necessaries'...But it's been a bit coolish as of late (minus3), and she'd been out earlier that night and well, I thought that she'd be alright...

Sod's Law Innit.
So it was YOUR FAULT ALL ALONG.

I feel your pain, having once made a big pan of pea & ham soup and burned it. I let Rocky the tripehound sniff it and he wolfed the lot down. Next day it was all over the kitchen in the form of explosive green diarrhoea. He'd spread it liberally around in his desperate efforts to escape outside to evacuate hygienically. Lovely.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
So it was YOUR FAULT ALL ALONG.

I feel your pain, having once made a big pan of pea & ham soup and burned it. I let Rocky the tripehound sniff it and he wolfed the lot down. Next day it was all over the kitchen in the form of explosive green diarrhoea. He'd spread it liberally around in his desperate efforts to escape outside to evacuate hygienically. Lovely.
Well, we both have learnt lessons in choices of food, and animals Essie...though I'm very partial to P&H, I have your anecdote tucked away in my memory - I always have hocks and baconbones in the pridge.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
How's your healing going, mate?
I'm fine mate - now they want to shove a camera up my clacker...I'm fine with that 'cause they're going to give me some strong drugs an' all - it's the 36 hours of purging prior that I'm not too keen on.

It's pink and it's called Fleet (the emetic)...someones having a giraffe somewhere.

plastic wiganer

Ephemeral Spectre
View attachment 11316 Go get your apples, Swifty - we're having PIE!
within half a mile of my house there are literally hundreds of blackberry bushes, loads of apple trees (some edible some not) two pear trees (very nice fruit on them now) raspberry bushes, and loads of cherry trees. i love taking the dog for a walk - free nosh! Also, can anyone tell me if blackberries are bad for dogs?? - reason being about 6 weeks ago we took ownership of a rescue dog from Romania ( he was 4 1/2 month old then) and whilst out with him i was scoffing some blackberries - which he obviously saw me doing, because now he actually sniffs the best fruits out and picks them off the bushes to eat! he seems OK and his poo seems normal, but i dont know if dogs are OK to eat them?

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
I'm fine mate - now they want to shove a camera up my clacker...I'm fine with that 'cause they're going to give me some strong drugs an' all - it's the 36 hours of purging prior that I'm not too keen on.

It's pink and it's called Fleet (the emetic)...someones having a giraffe somewhere.
Get a copy of that. It’ll make a nice double bill with a family wedding video.

catseye

For the greater good
within half a mile of my house there are literally hundreds of blackberry bushes, loads of apple trees (some edible some not) two pear trees (very nice fruit on them now) raspberry bushes, and loads of cherry trees. i love taking the dog for a walk - free nosh! Also, can anyone tell me if blackberries are bad for dogs?? - reason being about 6 weeks ago we took ownership of a rescue dog from Romania ( he was 4 1/2 month old then) and whilst out with him i was scoffing some blackberries - which he obviously saw me doing, because now he actually sniffs the best fruits out and picks them off the bushes to eat! he seems OK and his poo seems normal, but i dont know if dogs are OK to eat them?
My old German Shepherd used to pull blackberries off the bushes and eat them! Current dog doesn't like them so doesn't bother. They won't do your dog any harm.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
I finished making three tiny carbon fibre splints to repair a fishing rod and epoxy'd them on.