Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

joeosker

Junior Acolyte
Buffering due to internet congestion *can* cause some weird effects upon audio content. Especially if the connectivity path is marginal, but keeps re-connecting. Can give what I'd describe as a swooping/wooshing effect, whilst the local codec tries its best to smooth out the gaps. So yes- you weren't drunk, it could easily have sounded very like a classic 45RPM single being played at 33RPM.

(I will now tell you a secret that you must promise not to divulge, ever (well, until lunchtime). 33 plus 45 equals 78RPM.....shhh, we're not meant to know that. It's been kept as arcane knowledge for a long time)
Ill keep it to my self (which was the very tune that was playing)
I kid you not , Wilco Johnson and Roger Daltry , now im scared:)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Went shopping, didn't buy half the list intended, instead being enticed by special offers for stuff which I already knew would end up in the bin.

Got bus back; it was late as usual.
Put last two week's rubbish collection in the outside bin. Came back indoors...
Those two things are connected! The binbag might be lighter if you stick to your list and resist temptation. I know whereof I speak, having just spent over half an hour shovelling the fridge out.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Those two things are connected! The binbag might be lighter if you stick to your list and resist temptation. I know whereof I speak, having just spent over half an hour shovelling the fridge out.
:thought: So... what you're suggesting is that I shouldn't be relentlessly tempted by BOGOF ('buy one, get one free', for the uninitiated) promotions and defo not going late night shopping, when the, 'reduced items' corner potentially holds all kinds of delights?

Not happenin'... :mad:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
:thought: So... what you're suggesting is that I shouldn't be relentlessly tempted by BOGOF ('buy one, get one free', for the uninitiated) promotions and defo not going late night shopping, when the, 'reduced items' corner potentially holds all kinds of delights?

I'm in the same boat which is sinking fast under the weight of my rapidly-expanding waistline.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

What it is, really, is greed. Nobody needs that much food. Now and then I remind myself of this and curb the spending a bit.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
I'm in the same boat which is sinking fast under the weight of my rapidly-expanding waistline.
Went down to ASDA the other night, reduced items had a couple of whole sea bass and couple of whole sea bream for 11p each - I'll be havin' them pronto!

Sea bass was simply glorious... except for all the bones. Reckon I was able to extracate 5% - rest went in the bin.

Duly alerted, checked out the sea bream even before cooking - full of bones and straight into the bin as well.

Also bought packs of rolls and pancakes for 10p each! Had some, next day they were all showing signs of mould, so guess what...

Meantime, I suppose back on topic - late night shopping last night - nothing tempting, so went back home.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Went down to ASDA the other night, reduced items had a couple of whole sea bass and couple of whole sea bream for 11p each - I'll be havin' them pronto!

Sea bass was simply glorious... except for all the bones. Reckon I was able to extracate 5% - rest went in the bin.

Duly alerted, checked out the sea bream even before cooking - full of bones and straight into the bin as well.

Also bought packs of rolls and pancakes for 10p each! Had some, next day they were all showing signs of mould, so guess what...

Meantime, I suppose back on topic - late night shopping last night - nothing tempting, so went back home.
We popped to t'Tesco garage on way home and bought several packs of mushrooms and some tubs of fresh cream so there's the makings of some posh soup for tea tomorrow.

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
I got a parcel from ebay. Not so unusual.

It contains issue 12 of Knightfall Detective Comics Batman.

Which is... unique. I'm sure I didn't order it, or any version of it
:dunno:
Being an occasional buyer of old comics on eBay, I quite often find that I'll buy one or two and, when the envelope arrives, it'll have an extra couple of comics in it - almost always 90s stuff like the one you received - and a note telling me its a special free gift.

Call me cynical, but I tend to think its just a way of getting rid of unwanted and unsellable issues!

Hope you get that sorted out with ebay, Frideswide!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Way too quiet locally for that!

Been thinking about this quite a bit; had maybe kinda overlooked the fact that building has a security door with intercom - select occupant and press related buzzer, which comes through on the linked phone and you can verify visitor's identity.

So, it's rare for someone to ring the bell - if you have already pressed button to open building security door, you know who it is and have already opened the door for them.

Only exception is during 9:00 - 5:00, when the postman, etc. can press the 'Service' button for entry. Not an option at 4:30 in the morning though!

I can only assume the doorbell, which is distinctly loud, went off accidentally.

You can imagine how comfortable I am with this explanation...