Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
As a prank you should add some odd stuff to it.
A good motto to observe throughout life is, never play pranks upon medics. But play a trick on them when you're meant to be at death's door: just keep on living. They won't know how to take it. It's a fantastic wind-up

Last edited:
Just that I had, eventually, sussed how to set up that Twitter thing (not so young these days, as I used to be!)...

...and that was my first, instantaneous, message.

Didn't help that I hate that [email protected] with a vengeance...
Ah! You chose to follow Piers and his abusive Tweet wasn't directed at you.

INT21

Antediluvian
Comfortably Numb.

Thanks for the info. But I did mention that it is a circular saw; not a bands saw.

Even if it comes loose, it just loses grip and simply stops in the cut. The motor keeps on turning.
It can't come off due to the design.

My first job after leaving school was in a timber yard. We had big circular saws driven by tractor power take offs. Also some large band saws for ripping trunks. Quite hairy when the blade comes of one of these.

Anyway, I have tightened everything up, and will monitor the situation.

INT21.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Comfortably Numb.

Thanks for the info. But I did mention that it is a circular saw; not a bands saw...
Didn't mention, although clearly should have, the Forum, 'First Alert Response Team' are all trainees.

OK, we're probably more a hindrance than help, having no related experience whatsoever...

Mate, anyone else noticed what *absolutely, inadvertently* just happened there...?

...think of an acronym for, 'First Alert Response Team', using only the first letter of each word...

titch

Justified & Ancient
I couldn't for open the blue container at work today. I have been in and out of it day in day out for the last six years, today I had a total brain fart and forgot how too.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Met a colleague's girlfriend last night. Some people, eh. "I always failed history because I wasn't interested in it. It's not in any way important or relevant to anything, right?"

Then later I mentioned how much I liked the Sichuan Museum in Chengdu (they were talking about making a short trip to Chengdu and asking for suggestions). Complete bafflement: "You mean you actually went inside?!"

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Met a colleague's girlfriend last night. Some people, eh. "I always failed history because I wasn't interested in it. It's not in any way important or relevant to anything, right?"
If you are not interested in any history of anything, then you yourself are the problem.

INT21

Antediluvian
I noticed that a neighbour was building a large shed. And walked around to ask him where he had bought his roofing material. A bitumen based corrugated substance. Can't remember the name although I have it on my own garage.

Anyway, we got chatting. He mentioned it was to place his BMW in whilst he wis a bit of work on it. And that this was his first shed build.

Looking at the roof, I could see why.

He had placed the nails that held the roofing material in the bottom of the corrugations. It will leak badly.
He should have placed them through the top of the 'bumps'.

Silly boy.

INT21.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I noticed that a neighbour was building a large shed. And walked around to ask him where he had bought his roofing material. A bitumen based corrugated substance. Can't remember the name although I have it on my own garage.

Anyway, we got chatting. He mentioned it was to place his BMW in whilst he wis a bit of work on it. And that this was his first shed build.

Looking at the roof, I could see why.

He had placed the nails that held the roofing material in the bottom of the corrugations. It will leak badly.
He should have placed them through the top of the 'bumps'.

Silly boy.

INT21.
Onduline roofing, it's called.

INT21

Antediluvian
It could be Onduline, or maybe Coroline.

I used Coroline on the shed. Holds up well. It's also a bit cheaper then Onduline.

You can also get Coroline Clear.

I need to get some of that plastic coated steel roofing material.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
I visited Aylesbury cemetery today and it is huge - an entire section devoted to Italian Catholics and another to Muslims but with very few old gravestones (which is what I'm interested in). I was drawn to a distinctive polished granite stone with the names of a 19 year old lad, his 20 year old fiancee and her 13 year old sister. As soon as I saw the words 'Herald of Free Enterprise' it clicked that they had died on the capsized RORO (roll on roll over) ferry at Zeebrugge in 1987.

titch

Justified & Ancient
I was strimming this morning when I got the overwhelming smell of poo. It followed me about everywhere I went and I was beginning to panick incase I hadn't wiped my bum properly this morning.

When I stopped to change strimmer cord the smell became really bad, I was gagging, then I realised the big dollop of poo on my shoulder.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was strimming this morning when I got the overwhelming smell of poo. It followed me about everywhere I went and I was beginning to panick incase I hadn't wiped my bum properly this morning.

When I stopped to change strimmer cord the smell became really bad, I was gagging, then I realised the big dollop of poo on my shoulder.
Your job has great perks.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Heard an old railway story today.

When Queen Victoria's Royal Train stopped overnight in a siding, a watchful signalman noticed a light on in a certain portion of the set; someone was occupying the Throne.

He made out from the shadows that it was a short person with a piled-up hairstyle. It could be no other but Her Majesty.

As the toilet was about to flush onto the track, our hero nipped over with a shovel.

He caught young King Richard in flight and carried him in triumph back to his signalbox.

No more matchstick miniature Dreadnought-building for him on that long night shift!

Instead he procured some glass and made a little cabinet in which to display his trophy, with an explanatory plaque.

For many years later, railwaymen would discreetly visit to pay their respects.

I'm sure it's still out there somewhere.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

Once helped strip a patient's bed after they'd had a particularly productive diarrhoea attack. Sheets were being hurriedly dragged off and bundled into special 'foul laundry's bags.

Only noticed when I got home much later that I had a wide brown streak down the back of my white tunic. Apparently nobody had thought to inform me and I'd walked around like that all day.