Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

Anonymous-50446

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I believe a virtual simulacrum of Cromer can be run on modern computer hardware using an emulator - no need to dig out the Commodore 64 from the attic! ;)
You only need a Commodore 64 to emulate Cromer.

Anonymous-50446

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I've sanded down an old cane fishing rod handle and started constructing a landing net handle from an old salmon rod.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Enough of all this humorous banter! Does anyone know how to deal with a moron who has ruined yet another Sunday by running a generator (god knows what they're using it for,) all day?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Enough of all this humorous banter! Does anyone know how to deal with a moron who has ruined yet another Sunday by running a generator (god knows what they're using it for,) all day?
I couldn't possibly suggest this, but if said neighbour regularly leaves this beastly generator outside, it might be interesting to note that urinating in the fuel tank will cause it to cease to function--and stink. A proper psychopath would have everybody in his household urinate in one large bottle and hurry onto his property as soon as it is left unattended.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I couldn't possibly suggest this, but if said neighbour regularly leaves this beastly generator outside, it might be interesting to note that urinating in the fuel tank will cause it to cease to function--and stink. A proper psychopath would have everybody in his household urinate in one large bottle and hurry onto his property as soon as it is left unattended.
Right, thanks Yithian, I'll bear that one in mind! Not that you suggested anything of course. (Had this all last summer. I can't actually get to see what the offending anti-social idiot is actually doing, but it's goes on for hours). Unbelievable.

Ladyloafer

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
are you sure its a generator? half the people round here have got electric 'karcher' car washers, and patio washers. cos apparently a hose pipe is too hard to use and they would rather use something that sounds like an army of generators. ffs. i hate bank holidays...;)

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
are you sure its a generator? half the people round here have got electric 'karcher' car washers, and patio washers. cos apparently a hose pipe is too hard to use and they would rather use something that sounds like an army of generators. ffs. i hate bank holidays...;)
I considered it could be a power washer of some kind, but it goes on from 10-11am till 4-ish pm! It's ridiculous. Too many inconsiderate b'stards where I live unfortunately.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
At least you guys make the day better!

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Where do you live? Could you complain to the local council about noise pollution? It's also possible that your neighbours are carrying onsome business in a building which isn't zoned for that.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Forgot to mention...

While at my Mum's today, I looked out of the front window at 8 am and saw a fox toddling along the pavement, bold as brass in the bright daylight. My first thought was 'that's a funny looking dog' and then when I saw no human nearby, I realised it was a fox.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Where do you live? Could you complain to the local council about noise pollution? It's also possible that your neighbours are carrying onsome business in a building which isn't zoned for that.
Yes, it could be that. It only seems to happen on a Sunday and/or Bank holiday though, in Summer. Police aren't interested in noise nowadays and they pass you on to the council (who are just as useless really). To be honest, the police aren't even interested in crime much anymore here (England), certainly outside of London. I'll see if it happens again today!

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Could be running a hot tub or pool or something if it only happens at weekends and Bank Hols?

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Could be running a hot tub or pool or something if it only happens at weekends and Bank Hols?
I wondered along the same lines, but was thinking some kind of small 'bouncy castle' for kids, but NO! Just seen the annoying culprit using a pressure washer at the front of his house! It has to be him. When he's in the back (where I can't see), it lasts so long I had thought it couldn't possibly be a pressure washer. How the hell can it go on for 5 hours, when the house and garden are the size of a postage stamp?! My God, have these people nothing better to do?!

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Seems you were correct young lady. He's now out the front with the damn thing, cleaning a 4 inch by 4 inch driveway! Oh well, at least he'll be done in a few hours.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Had a bath at 7:30 this morning, the first this year (daily shower), noticed mold growing on the bathroom light shade from my supine position. Found that Morrisons had spent Easter Sunday removing all the Easter eggs from the shelves - but I haven't had one yet !