Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

Yes, it could be that. It only seems to happen on a Sunday and/or Bank holiday though, in Summer. Police aren't interested in noise nowadays and they pass you on to the council (who are just as useless really). To be honest, the police aren't even interested in crime much anymore here (England), certainly outside of London. I'll see if it happens again today!
Sometimes you have to press the council harder. You have rights, if they ignore you. You should check this site: https://www.lgo.org.uk/

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Had a bath at 7:30 this morning, the first this year (daily shower), noticed mold growing on the bathroom light shade from my supine position. Found that Morrisons had spent Easter Sunday removing all the Easter eggs from the shelves - but I haven't had one yet !
B******s!!!

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Sometimes you have to press the council harder. You have rights, if they ignore you. You should check this site: https://www.lgo.org.uk/
Will do. Thanks my friend. -I have noticed these last couple of years though, that authorities now prety much want you to do their jobs for them. Police and councils especially. Had a noise issue a few years ago and they (council) wanted so much information it was unbelieveable. They even said at one point that it's a police issue - the police then said it's a council issue, I gave up in the end.

Will do. Thanks my friend. -I have noticed these last couple of years though, that authorities now prety much want you to do their jobs for them. Police and councils especially. Had a noise issue a few years ago and they (council) wanted so much information it was unbelieveable. They even said at one point that it's a police issue - the police then said it's a council issue, I gave up in the end.
THose are the sort of cases to go to the Ombudsman, takes time, but that organisation cuts through the bullshit.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Had a bath at 7:30 this morning, the first this year (daily shower), noticed mold growing on the bathroom light shade from my supine position. Found that Morrisons had spent Easter Sunday removing all the Easter eggs from the shelves - but I haven't had one yet !
Yesterday Asda had all their Easter eggs out at half price, get in there.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
The good news:

I received an unexpected and unprecedented email from my power company congratulating me for my energy efficiency ...

PowerRank-A.jpg

The punchline:

I was out of town for approximately half the sampling / reporting period.

Want to Go Green? Then Go Elsewhere! :evillaugh:

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
The children in the road made all the adults easter eggs! We only have 13 houses but I reckon that's an achievement!

Shop bought eggs, the outer package removed, turned over and flowers, chicks etc painted on the reverse. Carefully cut out and stuck on to the foil.

Delivered by the bell being rung, children and adults hide (badly) and then when you come out they yelled surprise! and explained about the making of them.

It's to say thank you for the way all the adults join in with the guising at Halloween :D

And yes, both ours have been eaten.

I love living in Glasgow!

titch

Justified & Ancient
The children in the road made all the adults easter eggs! We only have 13 houses but I reckon that's an achievement!

Shop bought eggs, the outer package removed, turned over and flowers, chicks etc painted on the reverse. Carefully cut out and stuck on to the foil.

Delivered by the bell being rung, children and adults hide (badly) and then when you come out they yelled surprise! and explained about the making of them.

It's to say thank you for the way all the adults join in with the guising at Halloween :D

There was no crack-cocaine in the eggs?

I thought they would bring you Buckfast.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Not exactly today, but within the last 24 hours:

I went to the gym for my usual workout yesterday. Putting my wedding ring on after my shower, it felt unusually tight. I put it down to the warmth.

It still felt tight when I got home, so I faffed with it, not to much effect. An hour later, I realised why I was having a problem: I’d put it on my right ring finger...

This morning on the bus, however, l was listening to Rubylove by Cat Stevens and found that I could remember the names of the bouzouki players (Andreas Toumazis and Angelos Hatzipavli), despite the album being 47 years old!

Early senility? Idiot savant?

maximus otter

Last edited:

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Not exactly today, but within the last 24 hours:

I went to the gym for my usual workout yesterday. Putting my wedding ring on after my shower, it felt unusually tight. I put it down to the warmth.

It still felt tight when I got home, so I faffed with it, not to much effect. An hour later, I realised why I was having a problem: I’d put it on my right ring finger...

This morning on the bus, however, l was listening to Rubylove by Cat Stevens and found that I could remember the names of the bouzouki players (Andreas Toumazis and Angelos Hatzipavli), despite the album being 47 years old!

Early senility? Idiot savant?

maximus otter
It's amazing isn't it? I have the same problems. Can't remember all the items I've just purchased from the store (even if it's only seven or eight things), yet can remember words to many songs and the years they were released and what albums they were originally on.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
My bandmate signed us up to a kind of artist development program. We have to attend or lose a deposit. First up: a seven-hour seminar on sound engineering. In Chinese.