• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Now , Don't Strain Your Eyes Looking At This "Critter"

ruffready

Justified & Ancient
coasttocoastam.com/gen/page48.html :eek:
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20030408012833/https://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page48.html

Here are its contents:

treecritx.jpg

This freaked me out. I was messing around with my new digital cam and took photos around the yard to see what different things the camera would do. When I opened them on my computer, there was this critter as the wife calls it, on the pic.
-- Jeff H.
North Dakota

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a birds nest for goodness sake! With holes in the weavework letting the sun through as eyes.

Personally, I would say it's a squirrel nest, as it seems a bit too thick for a bird nest. And really, what is wrong with people? They take a picture of a certainly mundane and common item, and claim it to be something else far too much. I could understand seeing something that may be something else (When I stop making sense, just stop me :blah: ) like, oh say, a floating log in the dead of night surrounded by fog.
And alot of the sites that tout them as true are just as bad. Come on people! I think I'll go find my "Metallic multicolored cylindrical beast hiding effortlessly in the case of soft drink cans in my pantry" and send to these sites, perhaps I'll be believed:rolleyes:

You sure they don't mean the beigey area in the middle of the twig tangle/bird's nest/ squirrel's drey? It looks vaguely humanoid in shape, mind you I'm not feeling well.

I think they're talking about the pale figure in front of the nest (or whatever). It's just a pale speck in the first picture, but it's visible in more detail in the second. It looks to me like a child's doll. (Not to say that it is, just that it looks like one.)

There are a number of possible rational explanations for it, but I can't tell which of them applies without either climbing the tree, or at least getting a better look at it with either a camera or binoculars.

It does look like a squirrel,s nest,or maybe even a heron,s nest.As for the beige colored object,I'd opt for a rag,or perhaps a piece of paper sacking from a feed,seed,or fertilizer sack discolored by the weather.It either blew there or perhaps was placed there by the occupant.I've seen squirrels and many species of birds do such things.

More to the point, I thought it was Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell???

Looks suspiciously like my old friend The Sandman ... I'm going to sleep with the light on tonight :eek!!!!:

Could be just about anything. Looks fairly accidental, like a rag, a doll, or something. But it's just too homogenic in color to be really a sort of "critter", at least not something too misterious.

I've gave zero Credit to Art Bell or Coast to Coast ever since they had that scary ghost video that was obviously a raindrop for 80% of the video. Anyone remember that?

It's a branch!!

I think it's just a branch that's been stripped of bark apart from one bit...or maybe that's just the section that HAS been stripped or a branch ripped off, exposing the wood underneath.

If you follow the line of its "head" and "body" upwards/downwards you can see the silhouette of the branch it's part of.

Back