• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nuclear Damage

Easy, Tiger.

Caring about these issues is certainly good, and doing your best to get to the bottom of them is similarly worthy, but from these last few posts I'd say you're getting emotionally over-invested in them. With events and forces of this magnitude that's dangerous because you are dealing with situations that are beyond your power to influence. I, too, am concerned about nuclear contamination, but I can do little more than inform myself and do the best for myself and my family. If you wish to alert others to the risks as you see them, please do, but people will only read cool and reasonably expressed posts.

Step back, evaluate, post when all is clearer.

yes, that is a better way, I agree, why bother trying to fix something that is beyond repair. plus, I don't think my recent posts here are in the right thread.. I mean, they belong in a subject-category related to 'nuclear', not in the 'global warming' thread, right? plus, I was just joking, of course I won't take revenge on anybody and I will never touch an M-16 rifle, because in reality I'm only a pacifist.. I was just causing a lot of 'NOISE' to draw peoples' attention to Dana Durnfords' mission and help raise awareness about the ongoing global disaster. after all it really doesn't matter who built the plant or who delivered the fuel imo. good luck everybody researching Fukushima and related subjects. like Yithian advised I will try and detach from the subject from now on. if you will believe me, people, it took me 7 and a half years to grasp the reality of Fukushima/Tepco, but only late last night somehow deep down I somehow 'accepted' the very fact of some reactors melting down in march 2011, but I don't think anybody can really accept the consequences. to name one: what about the olympic games in Tokyo in 2020. I give up, I done plenty for now, thank you everybody for helping me cope, like INT21

can't happen
by the way, dear yithian, I didn't mean to be rude by that reply.. to me it is really not possible to simply acknowledge the reality of fukushima dai ichi (march 2011) without deeply heartfelt remorse and apart from this and several other causes in my life I will (this time) not 'let off' the subject because my human rights are completely violated.. like the people in my community, that is sound and healthy, hardly ever even discuss the subject, I guess they are really afraid of death and they would rather not start another riot. I should respect their right to peace and quiet. because the fukushima catastrophe will kill us all and all other life on the planet to me it's only logical to start this discussion every day! but no, uh uh, people don't like the fukushima disaster and they simply don't want to discuss future matters of course or what kind of action will be necessary, like research and prevention of more damage by shutting down all mark-1 reactors (=logic). this really gets me cynical sometimes, concluding, oh okay, so we should just watch the next reactor melt down in belgium and also one is 'pseudo-legally' letting off steam in norway at night, to reduce exposure to humans (who are obviously supposed to be inside at night), but does cause minor fallout in the EU, but that will only affect plants and animals?! just because we don't LIKE the discussion that is crucial to fixing the problem? aha now I see, nuclear industry just exists because people don't like discussing chemistry and physics, oh okay.. no problem, because I know people will NOT LIKE discussing evil on a micro political level, they also will not like discussing evil on a macro political level, like The Hague or Brusselz, no problem, most of them are still supporters of nato, so I'm alienated from my own people, because they are used to only take what they like and quit using logic. I tell everybody I possibly can about Fukushima every day, I tell them the mox came from France in 1999 and the plant itself was built by an american multinational corporation (GE) and this way again japan and this time all people and the ecosystem got screwed by these western states, but no, yes, you're right, they simply don't WANT to know, or what happened to Syria in 2012 or what happened to Syria in 2018, the are trained to deny the truth when I give it to them, they simply refuse to believe france/uk/usa fired cruise missiles into syria last spring, causing damage to infrastructure but no civilian casualties, because they call them precision bombardments (or something). so, it is easy: a phantasy is always real if you only have reality to lose! they rather BELIEVE donald duck in the white house lying to them on tv that more than 100 tomahawks did not cause one civilian casualty than believe me when I give them truth (as far as I know), oh okay, no problem, I have been homeless for six years since 2004 and I have had no income (like welfare) for even more than six years since 2001, over different periods, so because of eating garbage at the railway station (burger king) and having had no health insurance all that time, I'm pretty much used to people looking down on me and not taking me seriously, because I don't drive a big car and was really poor for years, my body was exhausted, showing malnutrition and fatigue because of sleeping outside in winter (2006 also 2016). last year they put me into a shelter and arranged an appartment and insurance, welfare and my debt=0 for the first time since 2001. that happened last year, today really I hold no estimate of humans, but hypocrisy and corruption, just like islam. you know, I am in hell for real 24-7 and my body is used to trouble, hardship and pain, so I thought maybe I can make a difference.. if only people would listen and discuss hell and evil, but no, sorry dude, we rather use shmoogle and you use duckduckgo and you 'believe' in alien life (eben grey people), hence www.alienbabble.com and we don't, sorry dude, when you were outside in the woods or skateboarding we were watching mulder and scully (x-files), so we don't believe in greys, they were created in hollywood, just like kim jong un and fukushima..

Last edited:
so, excuse me people, I am a sociopathical liar, I cheat and deceive and manipulate your perception of truth and reality as soon as I get a chance and I must confess: all the time I was working on this thread I already knew but I never told you: nuclear energy is safe, cheap and clean and ridding ourselves of about 3% of residue waste material will in the future probably no problem using mines in stable bedrock. also, never believe left-wing ecofriendly groups like greenpeace or ifaw, because these organisation are of an chaotic and non-democratical origin, like activists in the 80's who were putting the safety at power stations in jeopardy worldwide, causing damage and chaos through illegal actions like chaining themselves to fences and ignoring orders from the police. SUCH ACTIVISTS ARE TERRORISTS IN REALITY, don't pay attention to their communist propaganda, they will not be elected into city councils or boards, because of such antecedents.. hahaha?

Nils:

There's no subtle way to say this ... You are ranting, and your ranting is only intermittently coherent.

Please stand down and cool down.

Seriously, I don't think anyone on this forum is unconcerned with the ongoing and unsettled problems associated with Japan's institutional paralysis on the issue of the Fukushima meltdown Nils. It is horrific, and the information we are getting about it is sketchy at best. Japan has A LOT to answer for, and the world as a community should be demanding far more action. That goes without saying.

Nils, your response however seems less geared towards that end than towards airing your personal grievances, and virtue signaling. That's just egotism, and you should save it for your shrink please. If I am being rude, it is because I have just read this thread, and I am not impressed. It is an important issue and you are turning it into a sideshow about yourself.
:botp:

thank you for replying, at least, I see I've completely lost the objectivity I used when I started this thread about a year ago. I apologize for ranting and cursing in recent posts. lots of people have adviced me to let go of the subject and the associated obsession, I will try and do that, from now on

thank you for replying, at least, I see I've completely lost the objectivity I used when I started this thread about a year ago. I apologize for ranting and cursing in recent posts. lots of people have adviced me to let go of the subject and the associated obsession, I will try and do that, from now on
Nils, it is clear is that you care about this. Anger in and of itself, is not a problem - people who are not even a bit angry about injustices generally really don't care. The goal is to use the anger to motivate positive actions and not to let the anger consume you. This is easier said than done (to this I can attest), but your recognition of this is a good first step.

Seriously, I don't think anyone on this forum is unconcerned with the ongoing and unsettled problems associated with Japan's institutional paralysis on the issue of the Fukushima meltdown Nils. It is horrific, and the information we are getting about it is sketchy at best. Japan has A LOT to answer for, and the world as a community should be demanding far more action. That goes without saying.

Nils, your response however seems less geared towards that end than towards airing your personal grievances, and virtue signaling. That's just egotism, and you should save it for your shrink please. If I am being rude, it is because I have just read this thread, and I am not impressed. It is an important issue and you are turning it into a sideshow about yourself.
:botp:

actually I did talk to a psychiatrist about this and he said I was delusional in 2013. also the hospital did psychiatric research and concluded psychosis and also ptsd. their advice was to take medication that is a derivate of valium or 'anti-psychotic' in that year. half a year later they called a courtcase to get me of the street, force me into an institution to treat me with 'anti-psychotic drugs' by law, but they failed. I had a compassionate attorney then and they lost the case. :)

Last edited:
in other words: after rearranging some stuff regarding my afterlife I will singlehandedly clean up all fallout or die. because, cleaning up the fallout and stopping further contamination is my only chance of survival, and yours, and theirs (animals, plants and insects), see?
TEPCO can be contacted at the following address:

1-1-3 Uchisaiwai-Cho, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan

I'm sure they'd appreciate a volunteer.

Nils,

Way back you wrote...

..I mean, check out the condition of your local trees and plants/bushes.. after last summer 2018 they look so sad and TACKY that I can not accept it as 'a natural condition'..

And you were half right.

But it was the unseasonably hot weather that damage the gardens.

It was so hot in spring even my tomatoes failed. It was reaching 60C in the greenhouse even with the door and the vents open.

So it really was a natural event.

INT21

Vardoger,

...Wonder how they're going to spin this in France and UK to be able to sell it? They have been selling to UK since 2016. Pretty sure it won't be labeled Fukushima Rice...

No one here seems to remember Russia. 32 years ago.

Where is the 'end of the world' panic from that ?

Here is a reminder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

INT21

RadiationNetwork.com is one place to go for anyone who wishes to monitor the levels.

It tends to be US based, but there again, it was along West Coast that the problem was supposed to show up.

I've been watching this site on and off for a couple of years. Nothing notable happening yet.

INT21.

TEPCO can be contacted at the following address:

1-1-3 Uchisaiwai-Cho, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan

I'm sure they'd appreciate a volunteer.
thank you Mythopoeika, some time ago I already sent them an e-mail that included a link to this thread. I really appreciate having the address, so I just took a screenshot of your post

Here is a Youtube clip for the android geiger counter app. Apparently it actually works. This could help determine how far the contamination has spread, and do it cheaply. I hope it proves somewhat valuable:

..but logically everybody will likely be dead within the next decade. ...

There is a logic to suite every occasion.

Some are more 'logical' than others.

http://radiationnetwork.com

May as well show the readings.

Nothing much has changed since the accident in Japan.

INT21

Nils, it is true that the Fukushima disaster is terrible and ongoing. but clearly you haven't downloaded your geiger counter app, or you could turn it on and discover that the ambient level of radiation around you simply isn't that bad. Most radioactive material is both dense and heavy and as a result doesn't travel far, so despite the toxicity of Caesium (the Fukushima "danger" fuel), it simply cannot spread that far in the concentrations necessary to kill everyone. The Iodine fuel is already decayed through multiple half lives by now and is basically harmless. In fact the days of open air nuclear testing in the 50s, 60s, and 70s spread far more radioactive material around the world than Fukushima has done. This is not in any way to excuse Tepco or the Japanese government for crimes that should have seen all of them put to death for playing with people's lives in appallingly irresponsible and ignorant ways, but to alleviate your morbid fixation with Fukushima. Yes it is a terrible disaster, but you seriously need to understand the science better. As bad as it is, it doesn't threaten all life on earth. That's a fact. There will likely be around 200 deaths directly attributable to the radiation from Fukushima, but no more.

I am writing this because you are clearly distressed Nils, and imagining a world ending catastrophe where none presently exists. Frankly the threat of Supervolcanoes and asteroid strikes is far more worrying, and I am not in love with the present crop of world leaders and the state of nuclear "deterrence" as Russia seems to want a new Cold War. Do I think more should be done about Fukushima? You betcha! Will it end the world? Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read through this silly thread and am somewhat taken aback by the lack of knowledge of physics displayed by the one poster.

A couple of things stand out.

One is that Fukushima, while it was certainly not a good thing, is also not a disaster anyway near the magnitude claimed. It won't end all life, and to claim it will is unadulterated claptrap. The earth's surface is too vast and the quantity of the material generated by Fukushima even if it was all put into the atmosphere or the surface, is too small and spread out to cover the earth and do any significant damage.

Another is this outlandish claim:

LOOK, uranium and plutonium are natural elements, atoms, but HUMANS made them about 100.000 times more radioactive..........

This claim, to be perfectly blunt, is utter bullshit. There are two glaring errors here. One is that plutonium is a natural element: It is not. Like all of the trans-uranium elements, it was created artificially (In the case of plutonium, it was done in the 1940's). The second error is that 'HUMANS made them 100,000 times more radioactive'. This is impossible. The rate of decay cannot be manipulated artificially except perhaps in the case of a fission or fusion event. In those cases, it is not decay per se, but a chain reaction. In fact, the by-products of a fission or fusion event are quite dangerous to be around at first, but their half-life is so short that they decay to a safe level in a matter of weeks.

To reiterate: Fukushima was an ecological tragedy, but the claim that it will end life on earth is ludicrous.

And, not to forget we are still here many years after the last Russian nuclear accident.

Or the one in the Urals even earlier.

INT21.

my worst 'estimate of reality' today is that the global Dai Ichi fall-out will cause serious oxygen shortage, because plankton is dying, even before any radiation-related cancer-pandemic shows up. geoengineeringwatch.org
we have possibly only 5 years left, instead of the worst scientific prognosis of ±9 years. anyway, out here, in The Netherlands, there was no official warning with regard to the extremely radio-active snow: children and pets were playing in that snow, as if 'nothing happened' in march 2011! because I'm in a NATO-country and Dai Ichi is primarily a NATO-incident, I hold some suspicion of cover-up, to avoid political damage to their genocidal 'moral code', but as usual I can't prove a thing, I have no academic background, just a bunch of paranoia!
thank you, anyway, everybody commenting, but right now, I'll not be sucked back into this subject.. we'll see what happens, who knows? (note: I do think 'zero time left' is closing in on us and also covering that fact up may be quite beneficial to the global NATO-agenda, so who knows? I'm in a NATO-country, but still very wary of lies about anything nuclear/propaganda)

Last edited:
...anyway, out here, in The Netherlands, there was no official warning with regard to the extremely radio-active snow: children and pets were playing in that snow, as if 'nothing happened' in march 2011! ..

Please supply links or other evidence of this happening.

INT21

my worst 'estimate of reality' today is that the global Dai Ichi fall-out will cause serious oxygen shortage, because plankton is dying, even before any radiation-related cancer-pandemic shows up. geoengineeringwatch.org
we have possibly only 5 years left, instead of the worst scientific prognosis of ±9 years. anyway, out here, in The Netherlands, there was no official warning with regard to the extremely radio-active snow: children and pets were playing in that snow, as if 'nothing happened' in march 2011! because I'm in a NATO-country and Dai Ichi is primarily a NATO-incident, I hold some suspicion of cover-up, to avoid political damage to their genocidal 'moral code', but as usual I can't prove a thing, I have no academic background, just a bunch of paranoia!
thank you, anyway, everybody commenting, but right now, I'll not be sucked back into this subject.. we'll see what happens, who knows? (note: I do think 'zero time left' is closing in on us and also covering that fact up may be quite beneficial to the global NATO-agenda, so who knows? I'm in a NATO-country, but still very wary of lies about anything nuclear/propaganda)

Man, please take a chill-pill.

I read the piece from the organization you refer to on Fukushima and all it said was that the radioactivity levels will be increased to a dangerous level, not that life will cease in five years.

Nuclear plants are quite safe because the operators are highly trained and in complete control, what could possibly go wrong?..:)
Oh wait...
WIKI- "On 26 April 1986, Reactor No. 4 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant exploded after tests were done on the reactor improperly and the operators lost control"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl

chernobyl_location.jpg

Nuclear plants are quite safe because the operators are highly trained and in complete control, what could possibly go wrong?..:)
Oh wait...
WIKI- "On 26 April 1986, Reactor No. 4 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant exploded after tests were done on the reactor improperly and the operators lost control"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl

View attachment 14541
I think the point that Nils is trying to make is not simply that radioactivity levels have gotten higher: they have in some places. According to him, we will all be dead within five or ten years.

...there was no official warning with regard to the extremely radio-active snow: ..

Unfortunately he uses emotive text like the above but does not provide his sources.

It is odd that other authorities, not even the 'green' ones, have reported what would be a gift to their cause.

INT21.

in 'The End' it's all a matter of time delay on google-earth images from the Fukushima Dai Ichi-plant, that are now blacked out with fake rain-clouds. somebody obviously has a benefit in claiming their national security should be protected, even if the instrument to get to that goal is using global censorship.. also, it's only a matter of opinion if you consider nuclear industry pretty safe, a pretty safe 'method of destruction', I think..
739_resized_1_resized.JPG

here's some evidence of snow, today, if that stuff would be hazardous, like rain and fog, definitely nobody would warn you, because human technology on this day still can't help clean-up fall-out, just like mother Earth and the military, anybody!

Last edited:
Nils, calm down.

The radiation levels you're panicking about have only recently become measurable by humanity because we've built such sensitive instruments.

The only risk you face from radiation is fretting yourself into an unnecessarily early death about it.

maximus otter

Nils, calm down.

The radiation levels you're panicking about have only recently become measurable by humanity because we've built such sensitive instruments.

The only risk you face from radiation is fretting yourself into an unnecessarily early death about it.

maximus otter

Hmmm, the increase in radiation made your hair fall out.

Back