• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
As with everything in life, what is on the outside isn't necessarily what is on the inside. Think before you judge a book by its cover.
I tried swapping the covers over on two books, Lyall Watson's 'The Nature of Things' and Jim Gibbinson's 'Modern Specimen Hunting'.

To my amazement the books inside the covers didn't change. :curt:

I tried swapping the covers over on two books, Lyall Watson's 'The Nature of Things' and Jim Gibbinson's 'Modern Specimen Hunting'.

To my amazement the books inside the covers didn't change. :curt:
Basically, what's on the outside isn't necessarily what's on the inside....

Here’s a money-making opportunity for these austere times.

Every little helps..

Man, 86, wants to rent your garden to strip naked - as his is surrounded by houses

1668124080159.png

The end of Nude Eden was apparently 300,000 years ago:
https://www.openculture.com/2023/01...east-300000-years-ago-new-research-finds.html

Humans First Started Wearing Clothes At Least 300,000 Years Ago, New Research Finds

That people wore clothes back in the Stone Age will hardly come as a surprise to anyone who grew up watching The Flintstones. That show, never wholly reliant on established archaeological fact, didn’t get too specific about its time period. But it turns out, based on recently published discoveries by a team of researchers from the University of Tübingen, the Senckenberg Centre for Human Evolution and Palaeoenvironment, and Leiden University, that Stone Agers were dressing themselves as early as 300,000 years ago — over one hundred millennia earlier than previously thought.

“This is suggested by cut marks on the metatarsal and phalanx of a cave bear discovered at the Lower Paleolithic site of Schöningen in Lower Saxony, Germany,” says the University of Tübingen’s site. The location of such marks indicate that the bear was not simply butchered but carefully skinned.

A cave bear’s winter coat “consists of both long outer hairs that form an airy protective layer and short, dense hairs that provide particularly good insulation” — making it a fine winter coat for a prehistoric human being as well. Such a use of bear skins “is likely a key adaptation of early humans to the climate in the north,” where winters would be difficult indeed without warm clothing.

Though some residents of Bedrock did wear furs (made from the prized pelts of the minkasaurus), they seemed not to be essential to survival in that Stone Age equivalent of California. Jean M. Auel’s The Clan of the Cave Bear proved much more realistic about this sort of thing, though its characters live and die between 28,000 and 25,000 BC, the relatively recent past compared to the Lower Paleolithic from which this particular cave bear dates. It was also in Schöningen that “the world’s oldest spears were discovered,” making it a prime location from which to understand more clearly the ways of humans from that distant period. If a foot-powered Stone Age car were one day to be unearthed, it would surely be unearthed there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/28/style/fude-dinner-experience-nude.html

Rosalina Villanueva, 41, said she wanted to reconnect with her body, which changed after she gave birth to her first child last year.

The draw of the naked dinner party is different for different people, Ms. Max said. Some want to feel more connected to their own bodies, while others want to make new, similarly uninhibited friends.Credit...Jeanette Spicer for The New York Times

Catherine Fraccaroli, 21, had dutifully disrobed but kept her white socks on because it was “comfy.” She hoped the dinner would help her be more socially confident. “I’m definitely sometimes on the shy side, so something like this is really pushing me to open up,” she said.

Stephanie Uribe, 35, said she had just come back from doing cacao, tobacco and temazcal ceremonies in Nicaragua, and wanted to “keep that energy going.” “I think nudity allows us to connect in a different way,” she said. “To strip away what the patriarchy has put on us. Like, uber-sexuality or hyper-sexuality.”

1680297937299.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/28/style/fude-dinner-experience-nude.html

Rosalina Villanueva, 41, said she wanted to reconnect with her body, which changed after she gave birth to her first child last year.

The draw of the naked dinner party is different for different people, Ms. Max said. Some want to feel more connected to their own bodies, while others want to make new, similarly uninhibited friends.Credit...Jeanette Spicer for The New York Times

Catherine Fraccaroli, 21, had dutifully disrobed but kept her white socks on because it was “comfy.” She hoped the dinner would help her be more socially confident. “I’m definitely sometimes on the shy side, so something like this is really pushing me to open up,” she said.

Stephanie Uribe, 35, said she had just come back from doing cacao, tobacco and temazcal ceremonies in Nicaragua, and wanted to “keep that energy going.” “I think nudity allows us to connect in a different way,” she said. “To strip away what the patriarchy has put on us. Like, uber-sexuality or hyper-sexuality.”

View attachment 64876
Well, I suppose it's practical. You wouldn't be acquiring any canteen medals on your shirt.

I find that the older you get, the more your food ends up on your clothes, and the less it tends to end up in your mouth.

View attachment 64876

“Stephanie Uribe, 35, said she had just come back from doing cacao, tobacco and temazcal ceremonies in Nicaragua, and wanted to “keep that energy going.” “I think nudity allows us to connect in a different way,” she said. “To strip away what the patriarchy has put on us. Like, uber-sexuality or hyper-sexuality.”

giphy.gif

maximus otter

Except having less clothes to wash, why do people want to be nudist ?

I admit my wife and I privately at times wear very little at home to be comfortable, but I don’t think the world is ready for us in naked state in public.

Back