• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Object Floating Along Turkish Street (Diyarbakır; 2016)

michael59

Justified & Incandecent
I thought I would just put this here because it fits the title of this thread. It's a slapped ham video but, I am inquiring about the video clip that starts at approximately 17:10. It's an older clip that has been around since 2016, but the original was really poor quality. Someone has managed to stabilize it and it looks really interesting. What do you think it is?

I thought I would just put this here because it fits the title of this thread. It's a slapped ham video but, I am inquiring about the video clip that starts at approximately 17:10. It's an older clip that has been around since 2016, but the original was really poor quality. Someone has managed to stabilize it and it looks really interesting. What do you think it is?

I would go for the partially deflated ballon theory myself, as for the narrators rebuttal of that theory, a partially deflated helium baloon would take almost no breeze at all to affect it, let alone enough wind to affect the sturdy leafless tree he mentions

What about some sort of arthropod crawling or flying right on the lens?

This set of posts moved to its own thread from an unrelated old thread which needs to be dismembered / removed.

This object / video incident occurred in Diyarbakır (Turkey) in February 2016. Turkish reports at the time treated it as a UFO / aliens sort of event.

An original video posting to YouTube at the time included this description (From Turkish via Google Translate):
Diyarinsesi.org - Diyarbakır News

UFO PANIC IN DİYARBAKIR The object in motion, which was attached to the security camera of an apartment building in Diyarbakır and suspected to be a UFO or alien with its interesting appearance, created discussions about the existence of UFOs all over the world. The space news channel Disclose TV team, who examined the 4-minute video of the mysterious object, stated that the UFO and alien images that they have received so far agree with the normal prototype, but they have not been able to figure out what kind of species this creature looks like.

An official stated that the creature in question resembles an ape and said, "But no monkey can fly in a circle in the air like this." UFO experts are trying to unravel the secret of the 1 and a half meter object.
SOURCE:
See Also (Online Newspaper(?) Article):
https://www.star.com.tr/guncel/ufo-bu-kez-diyarbakira-ugradi-haber-1092000/

... I am inquiring about the video clip that starts at approximately 17:10. It's an older clip that has been around since 2016, but the original was really poor quality. Someone has managed to stabilize it and it looks really interesting. ...
An earlier stabilized version of the Diyarbakır video (alone; by itself) posted to YouTube in early 2020 can be accessed at:

Last edited:
An earlier stabilized version of the Diyarbakır video (alone; by itself) posted to YouTube in early 2020 can be accessed at:

It certainly has a genuine creep factor. Almost as though it moves with purpose and is searching for something.

Yep, balloon. lts apparently purposeful movements can be accounted for by complex air currents among the buildings. We’ve all seen crisp packets or the like swirling around in eddies of breeze on city streets.

Note that both times it approaches gaps in the building lines (just past the twin arches at left; at the four-way junction at right), it appears to accelerate and take off. That will have been due to the differences in air speed and direction in those more open areas.

maximus otter

Yep, balloon. lts apparently purposeful movements can be accounted for by complex air currents among the buildings. We’ve all seen crisp packets or the like swirling around in eddies of breeze on city streets.

Note that both times it approaches gaps in the building lines (just past the twin arches at left; at the four-way junction at right), it appears to accelerate and take off. That will have been due to the differences in air speed and direction in those more open areas.

maximus otter
Balloon is my thought too.
Awful video, filmed from a video screen using a shaky blobbycam that's not on a tripod. All with a horrible 'music' track added to it.

Its movement reminds me of a marionette, so I wondered it someone had dangled a craft project to a drone (out of frame) or something, but I think a half deflated balloon is a more reasonable explanation than mine.

I think the partially deflated helium balloon (if the object is such) could well be a shiny dolphin - the shape, size (about a metre) and the shine of the object began ringing bells for me!

50852191772_47e62aefa0_z - Copy.jpg

Back