• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Objectophilia / Objectum Sexuality: Loving & 'Marrying' Inanimate Objects

No, I can't say I've watched that or read the Ballard book it is based upon (though it is on my to-read list).

Such a thing would seem different to objectum sexuality, and would likely fall under the category of a fetish - though the exact differences between orientations, sexualities, paraphilias, fetishes and kinks seems very blurry and confused to me (and, of course, there's nothing wrong with fetishes and kinks).
On thinking about this (and I really have no understanding of these things) I can see that paraphilia/fetishism might be different to objectophilia in that a fetish is a thing that brings about sexual arousal but is not part of the relationship, whereas with objectum sexuality, the inanimate object is a partner in the relationship.

I may be way off base though.

That seems a fair assessment, but all the various terms overlap and blur when investigated in detail. But yeah, OS isn't a purely sexual thing in my experience. Indeed, a number of OS are asexual.

Back