• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Objectophilia / Objectum Sexuality: Loving & 'Marrying' Inanimate Objects

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Woman getting married to fairground ride
Amy Wolfe, a church organist with objectum sexuality, a condition that makes sufferers attracted to inanimate objects, plans to marry a magic carpet fairground ride.
By Sasjkia Otto
Published: 7:00AM BST 05 Aug 2009

This follows a courtship of 3,000 rides over ten years with the 80ft gondola ride called 1001 Nachts.

Miss Wolfe, 33, from Pennsylvania, will change her surname to Weber after the manufacturer of the ride she travels 160 miles to visit 10 times per year, according to reports

“I love him as much as women love their husbands and know we’ll be together forever,” she said.

Miss Wolfe first fell for the ride when she was 13: “I was instantly attracted to him sexually and mentally.

“I wasn’t freaked out, as it just felt so natural, but I didn’t tell anyone about it because I knew it wasn’t ‘normal’ to have feelings for a fairground ride.”

Ten years later, she decided to go back to Knoebels Amusement Park to declare her love. She now sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling and carries its spare nuts and bolts around to feel closer to it.

She believes they share a fulfilling physical and spiritual relationship and does not get jealous when other people ride it.

Although she faces discrimination from employers, most of her family and friends have been supportive. “I’m not hurting anyone and I can’t help it," she said. "It’s a part of who I am.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... -ride.html

Did you notice the story directly beneath? I posted this last night...

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7590&start=300

To save you clicking, it was this:

05 Aug 2009
Woman to marry to fairground ride

US woman plans to marry a magic carpet fairground ride after a lengthy courtship.

05 Aug 2009
'British are unadventurous'

The British are deeply unadventurous, according to a new survey that shows half have not tried a new activity for at least a year.

I think I prefer to be labelled unadventurous!! :)

Strange this, at the weekend I was discussing with my girlfriend the possibility of getting married ON a waltzer. You could have the vicar inbetween the rave music yelling "SCREEEEEAM! If you promise to love, honour and obey..." :lol:

Marriage. It's a rollercoaster ride.

Somebody must have told her getting married was the best way to satisfy her carnal desires, but she probably thought the phrase was 'carnival desires'...

So what type of amusement ride might a male want to marry?

Tunnel of Love? :twisted:

I suppose a fairground such a roller coaster would be a lot like sex, two minutes of bouncing around and a lot of screaming!

MsPix said:
I suppose a fairground such a roller coaster would be a lot like sex, two minutes of bouncing around and a lot of screaming!

Two minutes !?!?!? :shock:

mooks out

Moooksta said:
MsPix said:

Two minutes !?!?!? :shock:

mooks out

Yeah, good point - rollercoaster rides are supposed to last longer than that...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/8265972/woman-marrying-duvet-ceremony-wedding

The Sun Newspaper I DU said:
A 49-year-old woman is getting married to her DUVET… and the dress code is pyjamas and slippers
The bizarre ceremony will be held at Rougemont Gardens in Exeter, Devon
By Lucy Devine
23rd January 2019, 9:51 pm
Updated: 24th January 2019, 12:01 am

I wish it were possible to gain independant confirmation regarding objectophilia. I strongly-suspect most of it is artful posturing, rather than a true intrinsic desire.

What do you believe?

She's an "artist".
Exactly my point (not to in any way denigrate artists: well, real ones, I mean)

And when referring to reality....what about objectophilia more broadly?

My point is, whilst there are almost-certainly many genuine adherents to some forms of paraphelia, I feel that many cases listed as being true examples of Object Sexuality are also just exhibitionist posturing.

Take for example the (mainly) women who marry landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, or Niagra Falls. Have they ever been polymetrically tested, to show intrinsic arousal when in the presense of their 'lovers'? Or observed to confirm their interaction with their spouse, when there's no obvious witnesses present.

Example such a men copulating with cars (sober or drunk) are meaningless, in that significant quantities of human males will attempt to mate with anything that's there (or even not there).

It's not difficult. Let's get someone who claims they want to have sex (or an LTR) with a theme-park checked for dilated pupils, breathing patterns, genital vasdilation and mucal secretions. I'm just not buying it, in the vast majority of instances (even for those that do conjure a superficial conditioned reflex).

Yes, I think we need to differentiate between actual love, 'desire for sex' and just plain showing off.

Usually people marry someone 'for better or worse'. Implying that they wish to be with their significant other during bad times as well as good, and to help the other person through any traumatic life events. I can't (though I've tried) see how many traumatic life events might be suffered by a duvet or a bridge or a waterfall.

An interesting test might be - if that duvet loses all its stuffing during a particularly eventful wash cycle - would she still be there for it? Would the Statue of Liberty still be a love object if it fell down?

Not boasting, but I sleep with my duvet every night.
You slag! ..

My duvet has a life of her own, she usually winds herself around my legs so I have to be careful not to fall out of bed most mornings.

There was a show on tv a few years back, an American program I must add that featured a guy who genuinely was in love with one of his motor vehicles. He was quite open about it and was shown fondling it, caressing and kissing it and fully admitted to having intercourse with the exhaust pipe. The show was quite sympathetic towards him and didn't mock him as you might expect a sensational show like this one was, would.
He too wanted to marry his car.
I wonder what became of him?

There was a show on tv a few years back, an American program I must add that featured a guy who genuinely was in love with one of his motor vehicles. He was quite open about it and was shown fondling it, caressing and kissing it and fully admitted to having intercourse with the exhaust pipe. The show was quite sympathetic towards him and didn't mock him as you might expect a sensational show like this one was, would.
He too wanted to marry his car.
I wonder what became of him?

Brings to mind:

With the pistons a pumpin', and the hubcaps all gleam
When I'm holding your wheel
All I hear is your gear
With my hand on your grease gun
Mmm, it's like a disease, son

Brings to mind:

All I hear is your gear

Quite a lot of Marc Bolan's songs display a disturbing sexual preference for cars.

Brings to mind:

All I hear is your gear

And I recall Don McLean singing a song about the love for one of his cars too. La la I love you.

What's the problem here? My duvet might be the most important factor in my life. I think about it a lot when I'm at work and can't wait to see it. At bedtime I smile gratefully in its warm embrace and cuddle it all night. I buy it gifts and tell it how pretty and smart it looks.

Yup, 's'bedtime, I'm off to my one true love.

Back