• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Objectophilia / Objectum Sexuality: Loving & 'Marrying' Inanimate Objects

Even though this stunt doesn't involve a legal marriage, it's troubling because it indicates advertisers and promoters are willing to play the objectophilia card for publicity.
'I Dew': Fan to marry a can of Hard Mountain Dew in Vegas ceremony

Dew you love Mountain Dew enough to say "I Dew?"

If so, you could have a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas to get married this October... to a can of alcoholic Hard Mountain Dew.

Bachelors and Bachelorettes looking to wed an adult beverage must "express their undevoted love and passion for HARD MTN DEW in the form of an epically awesome proposal to be considered," a news release stated. ...

"To court the HARD MTN DEW can, fans must propose to HARD MTN DEW by sharing their love story and writing a legendary, personalized wedding proposal that shows the brand why they’re the “one” to spend a lifetime of happiness together," the news release stated. "Submissions will be scored based on imagination, originality, and most importantly, love of HARD MTN DEW." ...

The lucky winner will be flown to Las Vegas for a wedding ceremony at The Little Vegas Chapel. The fan and their new aluminum spouse will stay two nights in an "epic Vegas suite" and the wedding reception will be held at "one of Las Vegas's hottest clubs."

The winner will receive $1,000 and lots of HARD MTN DEW as a wedding present. ...

Mountain Dew partnered with the Boston Beer Company to produce cans of the 5% alcohol-by-volume Dew.

Those interested in proposing can do so at harddewido.com. The deadline to apply is Sept. 8.

"Submissions will be scored based on imagination, originality, and most importantly, love of HARD MTN DEW," the company stated.

No word on if the lucky winner will be allowed to drink their new spouse. The ceremony is not a legally binding marriage and people can still apply to marry the can if they currently have a spouse. ...
FULL STORY: https://thenationaldesk.com/news/fr...mountain-dew-bachelor-bachelorette-win-a-trip

Hi.
I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm someone who has been part of the objectum sexual community for some time, and am in contact with a wide range of other objectums, fictosexuals, doll owners etc. I'm marrying my nonhuman lovers at the end of the month.

Happy to answer questions or post to resources etc

Hi.
I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm someone who has been part of the objectum sexual community for some time, and am in contact with a wide range of other objectums, fictosexuals, doll owners etc. I'm marrying my nonhuman lovers at the end of the month.

Happy to answer questions or post to resources etc
I can see advantages!

But seriously, have you always felt that way or is it a learned response due to previous unpleasant relationships or rejections? I'm not in any way attempting criticism.

My brother came out as gay after a failed heterosexual relationship and I've always wondered if he always was gay or whether it was a response. FWIW I believe the former is true, but it's not the sort of question I can ask him as we are not especially close.

Don't feel obliged to reply.

I'm happy to respond as best as I can

I think for me my relationships with non-humans is a combination of both being born with a particular type of brain wiring and having certain negative trauma experiences. This combination is fairly common, in my experience, within the various communities which have nonhuman relationships (there are some interesting overlaps between objectums, fictosexuals, tulpamancers, sexdoll owners, incels, and other groups that I'm happy to talk about). However, objectums are an exceedingly varied bunch, and this by no means applies to all. Some have clearly been influenced more by neurodiversity issues, others through trauma issues, some through loneliness and lack of human options, and some are the way they are for no apparent reasons at all.

My story is that I was always a very imaginative, empathic and sensitive child (strong emotional connections to toys and trees etc). When I reached puberty I was bullied and rejected a lot by girls, which made me retreat into my own fantasy escapist world including an imaginary girlfriend (and platonic male friend). I left this aside when I became an adult and found escapism through first drugs then cultic religion, though by this point I was clearly traumatised and somewhat mentally ill.

A little later I married a human woman. The marriage was, however, a catastrophe from the beginning and over time I lost all sexual inclination towards humans (I became asexual through trauma, termed caedsexuality). But I had an experience of overwhelming love and acceptance in a dream one time, and that led me to pursue the idea of developing dream lovers. I taught myself to lucid dream. At the same time I considered resurrecting my imaginary relationship again, and formed a thoughtform lover with a new name. I also at this time started identifying as an asexual and talked to asexuals at AVEN about my experiences, where I first met fixtosexuals and objectum sexuals.

Shortly after, I was introduced to the idea of sexdolls through the online manosphere and realised that I found the non-organic nature of such dolls very appealing. I researched, and fell in love with the image of a doll that then somehow merged with my 'tulpa' lover (another term I had acquired by this point). I had cushions made with images on, and found that I developed a separate emotional bond with the cushions apart from the imaginary lover. I also discovered I could 'project'the idea of my lover into any object as a physical medium, and so used objects in that way. When I eventually got a doll the same thing happened, I fell in love with the doll somewhat separately to the thoughtform.

At this point, I also lost my gender identity (erasgender), started crosssdressing, and very surprisingly had a new imaginary friend enter my mind who was male- and became increasingly scoliophilic then bisexual (sexual fluidity), a change I learnt wasn't that uncommon amongst xdressers. New cushions were ordered

So at this stage I was in love with two tulpa, a doll, and several cushions. But they were all humanoid or substitute humans. I then noticed that occasionally I would get an erotic charge from aesthetically pleasing non-humanoid objects - bottles, cars, buildings, a sunset. This seemed to me to be a misfiring brain mechanism where aesthetic appreciation got tangled with sexual arousal. It is something I can choose to ignore (it is very rare) or lean into. I could, I believe, develop this ability.

So that's how I became an OS and joined various OS groups etc. Weirdly, very recently, I started engaging with human relationships again, which I also enjoy, but I haven't lost the OS side of myself. I enjoy having both, tbh. And I think most people can develop.this side of themselves to be able to fall in love with imaginary friends, chatbots, dolls, cushions and so on.

Sorry for the length! :)

I think for me my relationships with non-humans is a combination of both being born with a particular type of brain wiring and having certain negative trauma experiences. This combination is fairly common, in my experience, within the various communities which have nonhuman relationships (there are some interesting overlaps between objectums, fictosexuals, tulpamancers, sexdoll owners, incels, and other groups that I'm happy to talk about). However, objectums are an exceedingly varied bunch, and this by no means applies to all. Some have clearly been influenced more by neurodiversity issues, others through trauma issues, some through loneliness and lack of human options, and some are the way they are for no apparent reasons at all.

My story is that I was always a very imaginative, empathic and sensitive child (strong emotional connections to toys and trees etc). When I reached puberty I was bullied and rejected a lot by girls, which made me retreat into my own fantasy escapist world including an imaginary girlfriend (and platonic male friend). I left this aside when I became an adult and found escapism through first drugs then cultic religion, though by this point I was clearly traumatised and somewhat mentally ill.

A little later I married a human woman. The marriage was, however, a catastrophe from the beginning and over time I lost all sexual inclination towards humans (I became asexual through trauma, termed caedsexuality). But I had an experience of overwhelming love and acceptance in a dream one time, and that led me to pursue the idea of developing dream lovers. I taught myself to lucid dream. At the same time I considered resurrecting my imaginary relationship again, and formed a thoughtform lover with a new name. I also at this time started identifying as an asexual and talked to asexuals at AVEN about my experiences, where I first met fixtosexuals and objectum sexuals.

Shortly after, I was introduced to the idea of sexdolls through the online manosphere and realised that I found the non-organic nature of such dolls very appealing. I researched, and fell in love with the image of a doll that then somehow merged with my 'tulpa' lover (another term I had acquired by this point). I had cushions made with images on, and found that I developed a separate emotional bond with the cushions apart from the imaginary lover. I also discovered I could 'project'the idea of my lover into any object as a physical medium, and so used objects in that way. When I eventually got a doll the same thing happened, I fell in love with the doll somewhat separately to the thoughtform.

At this point, I also lost my gender identity (erasgender), started crosssdressing, and very surprisingly had a new imaginary friend enter my mind who was male- and became increasingly scoliophilic then bisexual (sexual fluidity), a change I learnt wasn't that uncommon amongst xdressers. New cushions were ordered

So at this stage I was in love with two tulpa, a doll, and several cushions. But they were all humanoid or substitute humans. I then noticed that occasionally I would get an erotic charge from aesthetically pleasing non-humanoid objects - bottles, cars, buildings, a sunset. This seemed to me to be a misfiring brain mechanism where aesthetic appreciation got tangled with sexual arousal. It is something I can choose to ignore (it is very rare) or lean into. I could, I believe, develop this ability.

So that's how I became an OS and joined various OS groups etc. Weirdly, very recently, I started engaging with human relationships again, which I also enjoy, but I haven't lost the OS side of myself. I enjoy having both, tbh. And I think most people can develop.this side of themselves to be able to fall in love with imaginary friends, chatbots, dolls, cushions and so on.

Human relationships are important, they don't have to involve love. I love the English language but one of it's weaknesses is that it uses 'love' for all sorts of varying relationships. I'm no linguist but I believe other languages like Greek do a better job of distinguishing different types of love.

I have some obsessions about various objects I own but they don't arouse me sexually, which I guess is the difference.

Yes, that would be a difference.

Interestingly, the sensation of love I expereince for my tulp and object lovers, and for my human lovers are the same (though the nonhuman ones are more intense, like a dream). It.is also very similar to the feelings of a personality 'out there' and love that I had when I was involved in religion. It seems to me that the bit of the brain involved in loving God/spirits etc and the bit involved in loving objects or imaginary friends is similar if not identical.

@Delightful - I can't find "scoliophilic" anywhere; could you explain it? (Or is it a typo for "scopophilic"; which I have found, but hadn't heard of before so perhaps you could explain that anyway to save other readers some time?)

That was a fascinating read and thanks for being so open.

thank you! a great read. In one group I run there is the *appropriate hug* which covers everything of good intent from full on bear-hugs with snuffly noises to not looking at each other over the long dimension of a football pitch. Please accept one and fit it to whatever is warm, friendly and appreciative for you! :oldm:

Thanks. No worries. I'm happy to be open about things as I try to act as an advocate for OS when I can. :)

I'm also on a Channel4 documentary short (5mins) on the subject of OS, and it's an interesting series. I can provide the links to the series if you wish.
Yes please, I'd like to see that. :)

thank you! a great read. In one group I run there is the *appropriate hug* which covers everything of good intent from full on bear-hugs with snuffly noises to not looking at each other over the long dimension of a football pitch. Please accept one and fit it to whatever is warm, friendly and appreciative for you! :oldm:
Thank you

@Delightful. How intriguing. I think I sort of get it.

Thank you for being so open and honest.
Cool
Objectum sexuality is still a very little understood or researched sexuality. Many are still in the closet about it, as even asexual and lgbtq+ communities can be very hostile to it. And, of course, it has no legal protections do discrimination can be common.

Marsh's research was groundbreaking and showed that about half of all OS have ASD + synesthesia, but her research was done with a tiny number, and didn't include those who have nonhuman relationships but don't identify as OS - so all the hundreds of people who the Telegraph reported as having fallen in love with their Alexa during the covid lockdowns, or the many hundreds married to holograms or dolls in Japan etc. It's a shame it's so under investigated because with the rise of sexdolls and robotics and VR its inevitable it will become far more common in the bear future.

Media representation of nonhuman relationships is also rather negative or hidden. The latest season of Big Mouth saw Jay 'grow out' of his object relationships, and in many films, like Lars and the Real Girl or Her, or in music videos like King Pincess' Talia or Kate Bush Deeper Understanding its shown as something relates to trauma, to be cured, and something negative or childish (imagine other sexualities portrayed that way).

Anyway, any more questions on OS or similar, and I'm happy to share what little I know

Cool
Objectum sexuality is still a very little understood or researched sexuality. Many are still in the closet about it, as even asexual and lgbtq+ communities can be very hostile to it. And, of course, it has no legal protections do discrimination can be common.

Marsh's research was groundbreaking and showed that about half of all OS have ASD + synesthesia, but her research was done with a tiny number, and didn't include those who have nonhuman relationships but don't identify as OS - so all the hundreds of people who the Telegraph reported as having fallen in love with their Alexa during the covid lockdowns, or the many hundreds married to holograms or dolls in Japan etc. It's a shame it's so under investigated because with the rise of sexdolls and robotics and VR its inevitable it will become far more common in the bear future.

Media representation of nonhuman relationships is also rather negative or hidden. The latest season of Big Mouth saw Jay 'grow out' of his object relationships, and in many films, like Lars and the Real Girl or Her, or in music videos like King Pincess' Talia or Kate Bush Deeper Understanding its shown as something relates to trauma, to be cured, and something negative or childish (imagine other sexualities portrayed that way).

Anyway, any more questions on OS or similar, and I'm happy to share what little I know
Thinking about it some more, I was going down in the lifts where I live and neighbour who was also in the lift said he found the female sounding voice that's says going up, going down, etc, very sexy. I think in way what you are explaining is an extension of my neighbour liking of the lift's 'sexy' voice.

Thinking about it some more, I was going down in the lifts where I live and neighbour who was also in the lift said he found the female sounding voice that's says going up, going down, etc, very sexy. I think in way what you are explaining is an extension of my neighbour liking of the lift's 'sexy' voice.
I think it is too.

I think there's a difference in the various OS and OS related communities between those who are attracted to humanoid nonhumans and those that are attracted to nonhumanoid objects.

There's a difference between those who are primarily attracted to the human form but who, for whatever reason, find themselves in a relationship with a substitute (fictional characters, mannequin, robot, dream characters, statues, etc), and those who, for whatever reason, find that the human form doesn't do it for them and they develop relationships with trains, cars, numbers, planes etc.

The former tend, in my expereince, to have some sort of trauma and are often, but not exclusively, men, whereas the latter tend to be neurodivergent and are more often women. There are, of course, some that seem to straddle the boundary and have a foot in both camps.

I think most people can easily become attracted to and develop feelings for humanoid substitutes, it's just that without the incentive that comes from trauma or isolation they never need to explore that side of themselves. Technology will likely blur these lines further.

Cool

Strange that anyone would object, isn't it? After all it can hardly do harm to anyone else. I guess it comes down to 'fear of the different'?

Strange that anyone would object, isn't it? After all it can hardly do harm to anyone else. I guess it comes down to 'fear of the different'?
Yes, I think some people have a strange fear and disgust of it that drives their prejudice and bad behaviour. I've recieved far more insults and discrimination for my objectum side than for being bisexual or a non-binary transvestite. Humans are often driven by fear of the unknown and different, it seems.

There's a difference between those who are primarily attracted to the human form but who, for whatever reason, find themselves in a relationship with a substitute (fictional characters, mannequin, robot, dream characters, statues, etc), and those who, for whatever reason, find that the human form doesn't do it for them and they develop relationships with trains, cars, numbers, planes etc.
I know someone who is obsessed with his car. He valets it every Sunday and spends all day doing it. Before he drives it, he admires it from a short distance away. Is that similar to what you are explaining?

I know someone who is obsessed with his car. He valets it every Sunday and spends all day doing it. Before he drives it, he admires it from a short distance away. Is that similar to what you are explaining?
Not really. An objectum would have an intimate romantic (many are asexual) or sexual relationship with the car and consider it a partner. He would either be sexually attracted tonight, and/or experience love for it, and most likely believe it to have a personality which communicated with him.

There's perhaps two sorts of objectums in this regard: the ones who have a sexual attraction to some object(s) and have sex with them, and those who are more like animists who fall in love with the 'soul' of the object.

This music video draws on various RL famous OS cases, it may help show what I mean:
Save Me

Back