• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Loud Hissing Noise

Swans and geese can hiss when they get a snot on though I must admit I fancy the hedgehog thy can be quite noisy.

Last edited:
A few months ago I was followed by a loud hissing sound. It was a hole in my back bike tyre spraying green anti-puncture gunge all over the place. Bastard.

I'd also go with hedgehogs. Barn owls are quite large, even the youngsters, and they move about quite a lot. Although I wouldn't rule out a young owlet, I'd think in these circumstances a hedgehog is far more likely. It might well have been riled up by the cat - mine find hedgehogs absolutely fascinating and will spend ages trying to find out how you open the spiky tin.

A few months ago I was followed by a loud hissing sound. It was a hole in my back bike tyre spraying green anti-puncture gunge all over the place. Bastard.

Had the same thing on a motorbike, a can of puncture sealant that was clamped to the frame had managed to touch the tire that had then rubbed through and the back of the bike disappeared in a ball of green sticky foam.

You're anti puncture stuff worked well then.o_O

If you wanted to cover the pavement AND your husband with green goo then yes, it was a roaring success! :agree:

TBH as I'd ridden over broken glass there wasn't any product that'd've kept the tyre up.

Sort of related (at least a weird noise) but not the same, I was awakened this
a.m. by what I can only describe as the sound of liguid pouring onto cardboard. I sleep with four dogs in my room, three of which are elderly, and I thought someone was having an accident. I turned on the light and checked and, no, no one had peed anywhere. I turned off the light thinking I must have dreamed it when the noise came again. AGAIN I checked and everyone was fast asleep and continent. I have absolutely no explanation for this noise.
idk if you will see this, but water (or sand) pouring sounds have often been reported in politergeist events. conversely, if a mundane reason, it might have been a small out flow of water in a nearby potty. sometimes the seals leak occasionally not continuously, or it could've been a small amount of water trapped in a clogged pipe or downspout which was suddenly released.

Back