• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Things Encountered On Mars' Surface

My initial thought was 'meteorite' -- mars doesn't have much atmospheric 'friction', does it, so I'm sure some sizeable chunks must hit ares firma.

Then again, the boffin quoted in the article says he can tell it's a regular rock that's been turned upside down. I have absolutely no idea how he has arrived at this conclusion, but then I haven't spent several decades closely studying the martian surface, have I?

(Spot the Mail fail, btw, getting the before and after pics mixed up in the caption -- are their subeditors blind?)

Bad enough when it's mostly wild speculation, but that computer-generated voice (or possibly the world's dullest woman, I can't be certain) is hugely annoying!

It's a seal wearing a fur coat
At last! A logical explanation.:D
It is difficult to imagine that that object is just a rock formation, although that's almost certainly what it is, obviously. If they take enough images of enough rocks on the Red Planet, some will look like something other than rocks. Rocks come in all manner of different shapes, and sometimes they look like other things from certain directions. That's what rocks are like. One of the few qualities they share with clouds.

VIDEO OPITION 1 (Above/human voice)

VIDEO OPTION 2 HERE (eletronic voice)

http://brazilweirdnews.blogspot.com.br/2015/07/venusofmars.html
A woman alone on top of a cliff. The Venus of Mars. The image captured by the rover Curiosity was discovered, analyzed and its peculiarities were recently released by the website Area 51 Zone & UFOS.

2107153.jpg

This register has many specific features that can not be ignored or considered mere optical illusion. The figure is as clear as it could be after the rapprochement - the zoom - applied to a panoramic vision. It is a human or humanoid silhouette of female appearance.
It seems wear a long dress, has long hair and part of the bust is naked. However, the Venus of Mars, even lonely at that moment does not seem to be a Homeless. Not so far behind her is possible distinguish a structure similar to a dwelling...

220715.jpg

CRETE. Also remarkable is the similarity between the Martian lonely and some representations of the ancient women of Crete, the called Minoan civilization which history is full of mysteries.
IN PORTUGUESE http://sofadasala-noticias.blogspot.com.br/2015/07/ghostlymartianvenus.html

It looks like it is holding an umbrella. Mary Poppins on Mars?

Nice poll questions, by the way.

Yeah, those poll questions were a tad slanted.

VIDEO OPITION 1 (Above/human voice)

VIDEO OPTION 2 HERE (eletronic voice)

A woman alone on top of a cliff. The Venus of Mars. The image captured by the rover Curiosity was discovered, analyzed and its peculiarities were recently released by the website Area 51 Zone & UFOS.

2107153.jpg

This register has many specific features that can not be ignored or considered mere optical illusion. The figure is as clear as it could be after the rapprochement - the zoom - applied to a panoramic vision. It is a human or humanoid silhouette of female appearance.
It seems wear a long dress, has long hair and part of the bust is naked. However, the Venus of Mars, even lonely at that moment does not seem to be a Homeless. Not so far behind her is possible distinguish a structure similar to a dwelling...

220715.jpg

CRETE. Also remarkable is the similarity between the Martian lonely and some representations of the ancient women of Crete, the called Minoan civilization which history is full of mysteries.
IN PORTUGUESE http://sofadasala-noticias.blogspot.com.br/2015/07/ghostlymartianvenus.html

Thanks for sharing that Lygia, super-dooper nice! :cool::)

Thank you - have merged with the existing thread. Please feel free to add your own opinion.

What most articles don't mention is that this 'woman' is about 2 inches tall. Note as well that 'she' is standing in front of a near-vertical rock face, which shouldn't really be surprising, since she is probably just a scrap of rock herself.

Oh my...that Loch Ness monster on Mars video is just pathetic......apparently there are a lot of people who have never heard of pareidolia/simulacra.

Crab-like creature eaten by another creature, or something completely different.

Crab-like creature eaten by another creature, or something completely different.

It looks weird, certainly.
A thought occurred to me - the high-powered drill that's in operation...might it be wafting about dust and a few small pieces of rock that broke off during the drilling?

A thought occurred to me - the high-powered drill that's in operation...might it be wafting about dust and a few small pieces of rock that broke off during the drilling?
It looks weird, sure enough, but is it just me that gets a bit narked by these conspiracy videos with ponderous music and no voice-over? It's as if the uploader of the video is a bit too smug and certain, presenting us with an undeniable "truth" which, if we dare to deny it, makes us one of "them".

Possibly I'm over-reacting... interesting, for sure, even though I couldn't always see what the red arrows were pointing at. Crab-like creatures on Mars are, I'll admit, slightly more plausible than hominids, which I've seen "proved" on similar videos.

Absolutely a plausible explanation. Occam's razor.

Looks for all the world to me like vibrations are causing tiny rocks to skitter across the surface. If anyone can see the legs on these things, I'd like to see a still as confirmation.

Still, it's truly amazing that we can get these pictures from Mars isn't it?

THE DEAD PLANET?
UFO hunters now claim to have spotted a ‘woman’s body’ on the surface of Mars
Prolific alien enthusiast Scott C. Waring came across the bizarre find whilst scouring images taken by NASA's curiosity rover

So far, so good. Must be worth a look, right?
Wrong. Nice shoes though.

NASA/SCOTT WARING

UFO hunter Scott colourised this version to highlight the woman’s outline

Back