• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Pacific Circular Structure (Google Earth): UFO? Or...?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Live Science reports and examines Scott Waring's latest "find" ...
Odd circular shape beneath the ocean in Google Earth images is probably not aliens

A circular shape on the seafloor visible on Google Earth is raising cries of "UFO," but chances are … it's not aliens.

The sighting comes courtesy Scott Waring, proprietor of UFOsightingsdaily.com and frequent discoverer of objects that he dubs "100% proof" of ancient aliens. (He's also an avid peruser of photographs from NASA's rovers, and he has claimed to find everything from a monkey on Mars to the 24-foot-tall (7.3 meters) body of a Martian monarch killed in battle 1 million years ago.) Upping the UFO ante, the shape is located off the coast, sort of near Peru's Nazca Lines, a series of enormous geoglyphs built by the Nazca people almost 2,000 years ago. ...

So, what did Waring find? A circle, some 4.2 miles (6.8 kilometers) in diameter, visible about 352 miles (566 km) off the coast of Lima. The circle appears to rise from the seafloor like a hill or mountain.

Most likely, though, this ocean floor nubbin is a data artifact. Strange shapes can appear for many reasons on the ocean floor in Google Earth. The company uses data from multiple sources to map out the seafloor. These sources have different resolutions, or levels of details, and when they are stitched together, strange shapes sometimes appear. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.livescience.com/google-earth-submerged-ufo

I imagine a website called UFO Sightings Daily must be pretty desperate for content to keep those clicks coming.
It has to be said that every claim like the Mars Monkey weakens the case a tad.
People keep clicking on his trash and giving him cash. Even if you click just to laugh at him, there's no such thing as an unwanted click on your website. The current UFO community is a shit show.

People keep clicking on his trash and giving him cash. Even if you click just to laugh at him, there's no such thing as an unwanted click on your website. The current UFO community is a shit show.
I find it annoying. People who are serious about this stuff have to sift through this trash. There's so much trash, what is real?
Scott Waring seems like a man who will believe anything and then put it up for public consumption without any critical thinking being applied.
Gaaaah!

I find it annoying. People who are serious about this stuff have to sift through this trash. There's so much trash, what is real?
Scott Waring seems like a man who will believe anything and then put it up for public consumption without any critical thinking being applied.
Gaaaah!
I got to the point that apart from this site and keeping dipping into the Drawings of Alien Expanse UFOnauts and researching the stories plus I like Preston Dennent's YouTube and that's it and can not be bothered with anything else on YouTube, the net and History channels.

Gaaaah!
I don’t think he does believe anything. I think he likes traffic to his site and clicks on his videos - probably.

Gaaaah!
Agree. It is an inevitable response to the Ufological vacuum. Ufology is essentially dead in the water and forever looking over its shoulder at the past. It is a crying shame as I pine for the 70s and 80s of my youth when witnesses were reporting landed UFOs and aliens going about their business in place like Normanton and Broad Haven and entire families were being intercepted by bright, silent lights late at night whilst driving... We have had nothing decent for about 30 years* and I'm not getting too excited about the tic-tac videos as I fear it has more to do with disinformation than visiting aliens.

The paranormal is still alive and well if you go out looking for it (Paul Sinclair, Ruth Roper-Wylde etc.) but conventional, nuts-and-bolts Ufology needs a humane burial.

*would love to be proven wrong

Agree. It is an inevitable response to the Ufological vacuum. Ufology is essentially dead in the water and forever looking over its shoulder at the past. It is a crying shame as I pine for the 70s and 80s of my youth when witnesses were reporting landed UFOs and aliens going about their business in place like Normanton and Broad Haven and entire families were being intercepted by bright, silent lights late at night whilst driving... We have had nothing decent for about 30 years* and I'm not getting too excited about the tic-tac videos as I fear it has more to do with disinformation than visiting aliens.

The paranormal is still alive and well if you go out looking for it (Paul Sinclair, Ruth Roper-Wylde etc.) but conventional, nuts-and-bolts Ufology needs a humane burial.

*would love to be proven wrong
The only proof apart from my own personal experience's is that my next experience will be having a sensible conversation with a friendly E.T. as bored with the shows and people in it for the money.

Gaaaah!
Does he believe, or does he be£ieve?

Back