• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Snort-Able Products

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This item didn't clearly fit into any extant threads on chocolate, and attempting to access a seemingly general 2004-era The Chocolate Thread yields an error message. I'm starting a general thread on odd stuff intended to go up one's nose ...

Snortable Chocolate Claimed to Boost Energy: Is It Safe?
... A new "snortable" chocolate product called Coco Loko is being marketed as a drug-free way to feel energized. But some health experts said they are wary about the effects of inhaling chocolate through your nostrils.

"It's not generally a good idea to put anything in your nose that doesn't belong there" or isn't prescribed by a doctor, said Dr. David Hiltzik, director of otolaryngology at Staten Island University Hospital in New York. "It's quite clear that, at least empirically, chocolate does not belong in your nose."

The product contains raw cacao powder along with other ingredients, including taurine and guarana, often seen in energy drinks, according to The Washington Post. The company behind the product, Legal Lean, says that snorting Coco Loko "will give you a steady rush of euphoric energy and motivation." It's now available for purchase in the United States and costs $24.99 for a container of 10 servings.

The specific health effects of this product are unknown, because there haven't been any studies on its short- or long-term effects, Hiltzik said. ...

FULL STORY: http://www.livescience.com/59728-snortable-chocolate-powder-safety.html

¡Ay, caramba, Coco Loko mucho loco!

It struck me that this snortable chocolate business should consider some slick advertising with pleasurably enticing background music - e.g., a certain Enya hit with lyrics phonetically rearranged into Cocoa Whorin' Blow. :cool:

This item didn't clearly fit into any extant threads on chocolate, and attempting to access a seemingly general 2004-era The Chocolate Thread yields an error message. I'm starting a general thread on odd stuff intended to go up one's nose ...

FULL STORY: http://www.livescience.com/59728-snortable-chocolate-powder-safety.html
I snorted chocolate powder a couple of times for a laugh then 'snot rocketed' it into a tea cup and I'm still alive .. I ended up working in the bar (The Nag's Head, Mickleover) after that .. if this helps ? ..

.. that same bar .. the landlord was so paranoid I invented a joke about him: "How many Kevs does it take to change a light bulb ? .. "What ? Why are you asking ?, are you trying to steal my light bulbs?" .. needless to say, I ended up getting fired ..

nags-head.jpg

Last edited:
This item didn't clearly fit into any extant threads on chocolate, and attempting to access a seemingly general 2004-era The Chocolate Thread yields an error message.
That's because it's in Mainstream News. So it's alive but inaccessible.

Is chocolate Fortean (important to many. yes...)? This new info is...

Nobody should try to snort anything. Where does all that powder go? Do your lungs need emptying every now and then?

I have always found snuff an odd sort of habit. But the boxes are delightful and seem very persoanl. The sort of thing which would give readings of prevoous oweners ;)

I have always found snuff an odd sort of habit. But the boxes are delightful and seem very persoanl. The sort of thing which would give readings of prevoous oweners ;)

I recall a short-lived fad back in the early 1970's, when youth- / countercultural-oriented shops offered little tins of aromatic non-tobacco snuff. I knew a few people who tried it, and I accepted the offer of an experimental snort on one occasion. None of us could see any attraction in it or figure out why anyone would have considered it a viable product concept. As I recall this product came and went pretty quickly ...

Back