• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Things Encountered On Mars' Surface

In my opinion, this is artificial, it can be a rock or anything but that mark is not natural on it, I think it's part of some statue or building.

Attachments

• 20170704_082734.jpg
    20170704_082734.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 13
I like the heavy metal-style piano version of the Star Wars theme, very much indeed!

Other than that, very similar to other videos I've seen "proving" the existence of artificial objects on Mars - intriguing, but not wholly convincing. Was this your own video, Gaz, or something you've stumbled across? I've sat and watched many of this type of clip, large parts of me hoping for something beyond the threshold of proof, but I'm still waiting, I'm afraid. I'd love it to be true, but like Richard Hoagland's shattered crystal domes on the Moon, I think you've got to already believe to be able to see anything in the photos. Trouble is, we're all looking at 2-D images, and trying to view them at the limits of resolution and infer something in 3-D.

I like the heavy metal-style piano version of the Star Wars theme, very much indeed!

Other than that, very similar to other videos I've seen "proving" the existence of artificial objects on Mars - intriguing, but not wholly convincing. Was this your own video, Gaz, or something you've stumbled across? I've sat and watched many of this type of clip, large parts of me hoping for something beyond the threshold of proof, but I'm still waiting, I'm afraid. I'd love it to be true, but like Richard Hoagland's shattered crystal domes on the Moon, I think you've got to already believe to be able to see anything in the photos. Trouble is, we're all looking at 2-D images, and trying to view them at the limits of resolution and infer something in 3-D.

Agree completely. When you look at the curious but completely natural shapes formed in volcanic rock on Earth - pipes, tubes, right-angles, hexagonal columns, saw-like teeth, bulbous excrescences etc. there is no reason why similar forms should not have been created in Mars's more tectonically active past.
How I would love for conclusive evidence of advanced civilisation to be discovered on Mars. It became a planet inhospitable to higher life far too early in its history for that to happen though. At best I believe all we will ever find is evidence for bacteria beneath the surface, where subterranean water still exists and the intensive radiation at the surface cannot kill it.

Last edited:
Best part of that video is the music.

Is a strange speck of light on Mars evidence of intelligent life on the Red Planet?

That's what some are asking after what appears to be a bright white beam of light shining from behind the Martian dunes showed up in images taken by NASA's Curiosity rover.

Scott Waring of the website UFO Sightings Daily noticed the mysterious spot in a photo taken by the rover on April 3:

o-WEIRD-MARS-LIGHT-570.jpg

The spot also appears in an image taken on April 2 from a slightly different angle.

Yet a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab points out that while the light appears in the images taken by the rover camera's "right-eye," it doesn't appear in images taken only seconds later by the camera's "left-eye":

o-MARS-LIGHT-TWO-570.jpg

To the JPL scientist, Dr. Justin Maki, the facts suggest the light is not evidence of alien life at all. His theory?

"One possibility is that the light is the glint from a rock surface reflecting the sun," Maki told The Huffington Post in an email. "When these images were taken each day, the sun was in the same direction as the bright spot, west-northwest from the rover, and relatively low in the sky."

The light could also be simply a photographic artifact resulting from the "charge-coupled device" (CCD) that the camera uses to capture images.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/20...9wlsvSH-UJfH-BetBwMuSADI4h5Cuzn_TPd2OGJ-PXygR

maximus otter

Yes but why... forgive my ignorance... would it be seen in one camera lens and not the other? I guess the two see a slightly offset view, like our eyes, but... surely a flash of light such as this, would still be visible by both?

The CCD thing, is there one per lens? Could one be faulty / less sensitive or something?

Yes but why... forgive my ignorance... would it be seen in one camera lens and not the other? I guess the two see a slightly offset view, like our eyes, but... surely a flash of light such as this, would still be visible by both?

The CCD thing, is there one per lens? Could one be faulty / less sensitive or something?
According to the report the two cameras take a photo at slightly different times so if the light is flashing it could be visible one second and then off the next second.

This entomologist has intensely studied the photos transmitted back from the surface of Mars, and he's convinced he's identified what appear to be insects, and perhaps even snakes, there. He's serious enough to present his findings at a professional conference.
An Entomologist Claims That Mars Is Covered in Bug-Shaped Things, And He Has 'Proof'

The search for evidence of microbial life on Mars - whether fossil or extant - is ramping up, and it's even being included in the mission statements of future Mars missions. According to one scientist, though, we may have already found life on Mars, and it's not titchy microbes, but strapping great bugs.

Entomologist William Romoser of Ohio University has spent years poring over publicly released photos taken by Mars rovers, and he says that many of them show structures that look a heck of a lot like insects, in among the rocks - fossilised as well as living.

And he's even spotted a few things that look like snakes. This body of evidence is, he said, a good justification for investigating further. He presented his findings, which have not been peer-reviewed, at the Entomological Society of America annual meeting in St Louis. ...

"There has been and still is life on Mars," Romoser claims. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.sciencealert.com/an-entomologist-is-trying-to-convince-us-that-mars-is-covered-in-bugs

This entomologist has intensely studied the photos transmitted back from the surface of Mars, and he's convinced he's identified what appear to be insects, and perhaps even snakes, there. He's serious enough to present his findings at a professional conference.

FULL STORY: https://www.sciencealert.com/an-entomologist-is-trying-to-convince-us-that-mars-is-covered-in-bugs

I'd be more inclined to believe it if it were a cockroach. lol I think it is a case of pareidolia.

Sadly, it’s a bit like a book published in the early 1970’s where it’s writer was convinced from pictures taken from Luna orbit that alians were mining on the moon.

There was a similar website a few years ago where the author was convinced that he could see huge trees on the surface of Mars.

If you want to see something in a photograph or picture the mind creates the illusion.

This entomologist has intensely studied the photos transmitted back from the surface of Mars, and he's convinced he's identified what appear to be insects, and perhaps even snakes, there. He's serious enough to present his findings at a professional conference.FULL STORY: https://www.sciencealert.com/an-entomologist-is-trying-to-convince-us-that-mars-is-covered-in-bugs
I think I have some subsidiary info. Apparently there might be some news on the viking landings and curiosity and their various tests for life soon. Apparently there have been interesting seasonal changes in oxygen and methane on mars that may well be the best case for life there so far. Expect an announcement of some sort soon.

An Entomologist Claims That Mars Is Covered in Bug-Shaped Things, And He Has 'Proof'

MICHELLE STARR
20 NOV 2019

The search for evidence of microbial life on Mars - whether fossil or extant - is ramping up, and it's even being included in the mission statements of future Mars missions. According to one scientist, though, we may have already found life on Mars, and it's not titchy microbes, but strapping great bugs.

Entomologist William Romoser of Ohio University has spent years poring over publicly released photos taken by Mars rovers, and he says that many of them show structures that look a heck of a lot like insects, in among the rocks - fossilised as well as living.

And he's even spotted a few things that look like snakes. This body of evidence is, he said, a good justification for investigating further.

Full Story:
https://www.sciencealert.com/an-entomologist-is-trying-to-convince-us-that-mars-is-covered-in-bugs

Last edited by a moderator:

MICHELLE STARR
20 NOV 2019

And he's even spotted a few things that look like snakes. This body of evidence is, he said, a good justification for investigating further.

Full Story:
https://www.sciencealert.com/an-entomologist-is-trying-to-convince-us-that-mars-is-covered-in-bugs
Quatermass and the Pit was ahead of the game... (though frankly, I'm not entirely convinced by his evidence!)
bug1.jpg
90b36ddebaffd43928d003a891164fc7.jpg

According to the Daily Mail there is a debate among scientists that white or blue puffy, round balls with streamers coming out seem to turn up in a lot of Mars rover photos must be alive fungus.

NASA claims that Mars is a dead planet and no mushrooms, and these are photos of carbon dioxide melting and refreezing.

“Move on, these are not the droids “

Last edited by a moderator:
The scientist in this case is Rhawn Joseph, a well-known pseudoscientist and bunk artist. See this thread at Cosmoquest.
https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthread.php?177277-Life-discovered-on-Mars
Bunk. Rhawn Joseph is listed as lead author. Rhawn has a long history of pushing pseudoscience. If you do a Google search on this site you’ll see his name come up at times in prior stories. He was involved in the infamous Journal of Cosmology which billed itself as a serious scientific journal but let junk be published. It was initially taken seriously by some news organizations but after they got burned, that changed pretty quickly. Anyway, Rhawn has notions about a very odd variation on panspermia, thinks evolutionary theory is wrong (he isn’t a creationist but has a different notion), insists the universe must be eternal (no Big Bang) and takes about anything as evidence for his notions.Here, he is looking at pictures and saying “It looks like life to me” with no real evidence.

Strangely enough I can't find an ordinary thread for Mars anomalies, so I'll post it here.
----------------------

Researcher Found The Ruins Of An Ancient Building On Mars​

On the surface of the Red Planet, he discovered a certain structure that resembles the smooth walls of a man-made structure. The walls are interconnected, forming rooms.

According to the researcher, the discovered walls may be the ruins of a building belonging to an unknown ancient intelligent species.

1623088144293.png

https://anomalien.com/researcher-found-the-ruins-of-an-ancient-building-on-mars/

Back